CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 Pages12Next page

Podli for CSM 9

First post First post
Author
#1 - 2014-03-19 19:17:12 UTC
Hello, guys and girls. I am running for CSM 9.

Some information about me:
I’ve been playing EvE-Online from 2008. I scored my first kill at my 3-rd day in EvE. From that time until today, I am fighting. I managed to participate in several 0.0 campaigns before and after the Dominion expansion. I’m a mathematician in real live. I am writing tons of squiggles and add “Theorems is proved” in the end :). Mathematician, sysadmin, poker player, EvE player - it’s me.

I love small scale PvP in the lowsec and 0.0. Sometimes I lead small fleet, sometime I fly frigates or cruisers solo, sometime I join an existing gang. I make my isk by farming lvl 5 missions on bomber, or by farming lowsec combat sites.

As an experienced player, I know most of the players needs and issues. I gathered a lot of ideas about “What is needed to be change in EvE-Online”. Here are some of most important problems in my opinion:

1. Social interactions of players outside the chat channels. There is almost not need of any interactions of players, except PvP. Sometimes it is boring. We just don’t have a teamplay content outside of PvP. Possible solution is creating a profitable and at the same time a high risky type of team farming, production, and resource gathering.

2. Spidertank. It provides “immunity” to the “weak DPS” gangs. If the “smaller” gang doesn’t have some cap of alpha/DPS and/or electronics, he don’t have any real chance to kill any single enemy ship. DPS/repairing balancing can be workable only in equal team size. But equal team size is not an EvE reality. There is another one bad influence. With spidertank it’s almost impossible to create interesting PvE content. CCP can do amazing level design job, but players just form the spider gang, who will tank all incoming DPS. I think that spidertank is a huge problem, and this problem needs to be solved.

3. Cyno mechanics and jump portals. Cyno gives an amazing advantage of instantaneous fleet movement. But cyno drop is absolutely safe. By jumping into the battle on capitals from a POS or at undocking, or by going through jump portal - you don’t have any risk. On the other hand, you have no feasible mechanism of evading a cyno-drop. There is only one counter - instantly kill the cyno. But it’s almost always impossible. We need two different kind of changes. First - increase the possibility of countering the cyno drop in the grid. Second - increase risks for droppers. Instantaneous fleet movement is a huge advantage, and you must “pay” for obtaining it by increasing the risks.

4. Lowsec permacamps. They impose only negative influence to lowsecs. Risks for soloers grow strongly. Also new players have big troubles. On another point of view, permacamps do not create any interesting content. As a result, the population suffers greatly. Big number of permacamps in lowsecs = small amount of movement in them. Movement is life, and permacamps kill it. We need a tool that would free the lowsec from the domination of permacamps. And at the same time, this would leave the opportunity of fights on the gate between two (or more…) gangs.

5. The claim mechanic. I took part in the first TCU kill after the Dominion. It was awful. On this day I became confident that claim mechanic is broken. There are two important issues.
a). Maintaining claim of the system does not require investment of any real work. Isk - is all that you need. You put citizens into the system for isk. So, space itself is the source of isk. We have a situation, when the alliance simply does not enjoy the territories it controls. As a consequence, we get 0.0 blocks that keep as much space as they can grab. There are no useless regions, there is no place for new alliances.
b). Capturing a system. Now it is based on appying dmg to the structures. Given the amount of HP of the structures and mobility of fleets, there is no sense to divide a single blob into several smaller ones. One 500 men blob pours the damage into the structures with the same efficiency like 5 100-man fleets. We have only one answer to the blob - it’s bigger blob. As a result, we have coalitions for half of the map, periodically fighting with each other. I think that we need to shift from the claim based on structures to a claim of point control. It makes profitable to divide fleets to improve efficiency. Main consequence of this change - it is possible to fight back even being outnumbered by 1 to 3 ratio.
#2 - 2014-03-19 19:19:33 UTC
Reserved.
The Gorgon Spawn
#3 - 2014-03-19 19:26:41 UTC
Gonna be the first to support Podli!
HELL YEAH
VYDRA RELOLDED
#4 - 2014-03-19 22:33:30 UTC
As a genuine solo and small-scale pvp pilot with deep knowledge of game mechanics, its problems and feasible ways to solve them, this guy has my support.
Best Alliance
#5 - 2014-03-20 00:59:49 UTC
I hope you would get to CSM, can be a nice addition to the future team.

Member of CSM 4&5 ... &8

#6 - 2014-03-21 20:19:50 UTC
Hey, Podli, you absolutely MUST take a seat in Council 'cause you're the only Russian-speaking candidate!
VYDRA RELOLDED
#7 - 2014-03-24 18:39:53 UTC
PvP into CSM, here we go!
Out of Sight.
#8 - 2014-03-26 12:56:51 UTC
More pvp in EVE for God of PvP.
#9 - 2014-04-01 14:35:51 UTC
THAT IS all we need.
Good Sax
#10 - 2014-04-01 15:21:09 UTC
What is your position on CCP taking in-game disciplinary action against players for things they do outside of the game on privately-owned blogs, message boards, and Teamspeak servers?

\m/ O.o \m/

"You're a freak ..." - Solecist Project

#11 - 2014-04-03 21:16:39 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post.

The Rules:
10. Discussion of warnings and bans is prohibited.

Such matters shall remain private between CCP and the involved user. Questions or comments concerning warnings and bans will be conveyed through email or private messaging. CCP respect the right of our players to privacy and as such you are not permitted to publicize private correspondence (including petition responses and emails) received from any of the aforementioned parties.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Clockwork Pineapple
#12 - 2014-04-04 02:22:29 UTC
Hello.

Currently the Serpentis are the only pirate faction in the game that don't have a rated 6/10 and 9/10 DED complex available to be run. These sites have been on the "coming soon" list for quite a few years, but no further news or information has been released. Would you be willing to request that CCP introduce these sites to the game so that areas like syndicate that rely on running sites as the main form of income can continue to grow and prosper?
#13 - 2014-04-05 15:10:33 UTC
#14 - 2014-04-05 15:52:20 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post.

The Rules:
11. Discussion of forum moderation is prohibited.

The discussion of EVE Online forum moderation actions generally leads to flaming, trolling and baiting of our ISD CCL moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. If you have questions regarding the actions of a moderator, please file a petition under the Community & Forums Category.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

VYDRA RELOLDED
#15 - 2014-04-06 09:42:49 UTC
Support the Podli too. Good solo pilot. Good understanding of the game mechanics . The only Russian-speaking candidate. Let he be in CSM.
#16 - 2014-04-06 20:14:14 UTC
Ssabat Thraxx wrote:
What is your position on CCP taking in-game disciplinary action against players for things they do outside of the game on privately-owned blogs, message boards, and Teamspeak servers?

1. I don't like E1 affairs.
2. I don't like E1 ban.
#17 - 2014-04-06 21:55:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Podli
Elmnt80 wrote:
Hello.

Currently the Serpentis are the only pirate faction in the game that don't have a rated 6/10 and 9/10 DED complex available to be run. These sites have been on the "coming soon" list for quite a few years, but no further news or information has been released. Would you be willing to request that CCP introduce these sites to the game so that areas like syndicate that rely on running sites as the main form of income can continue to grow and prosper?

It's one of CCP problems. We don't see any new missions, incursions, epic arcs, complexes, etc. We need good support of existing PvE content. Broken missions, expedition combat sites with almost 0 income, incarna, new epic arcs, new incursions and new incursion sites, level 5 missions... And Serpentis sites.
Best Alliance
#18 - 2014-04-08 18:00:34 UTC
What about old deadspace sites? Don't forget them too! Oops

Member of CSM 4&5 ... &8

Did he say Jump
#19 - 2014-04-09 10:13:40 UTC
You have my vote ^^
The Gorgon Empire
#20 - 2014-04-09 11:36:16 UTC
Votes of those who like real pvp are on your side Pirate
2 Pages12Next page