• Topic is locked indefinitely.
6 Pages123Next pageLast page

Steve "Fuzzysteve" Ronuken: CSM X

First post
Author
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#1 - 2014-11-24 13:01:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Steve Ronuken
Once again, coming polling day, I'm looking for your votes Smile

As with the last time I ran, my platform has two main legs; Industry, and Third party Development. There's a generous helping of other PvE interest in there as well. I spend most of my time in Highsec, so I'm sure you'll understand a degree of self interest there.

For those of you who don't know me:

I'm a Industrialist, doing relatively small scale T2 manufacturing in Highsec, doing so trade to feed the industry, along with being an additional revenue stream.
I'm also a third party developer, responsible for:
https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/
https://evelexicon.com/
https://evebloggers.com/
https://github.com/fuzzysteve/
I'm also one of the primary sources for converted versions of the Static Data Extract, for all your Eve database requirements.

The past year's been a good one, with massive strides forward for the Third party development community. The SSO is up and running, with various sites now using it, and people working on ways to integrate it into others. Come Rhea, we should have the first authenticated CREST endpoint, allowing for almost real time Market Data queries. And we have a developer who has it as a primary job function, to build the tools, which let the third party community build tools for the general user.

Industry has taken some massive strides as well, albeit with a few missteps. Some things are a little too quick to make. Drug labs need a purpose. But in general, the interface is massively improved (now with a collapsing top Smile ) and RSI is on the decline.

I can't take all the credit for the changes which have happened. CCP Foxfour and CCP Seagull have been driving things. However, what you gave them, through electing me last year, was a Mandate. That enough players cared about such things, that it needed a serious look, and serious work. Lets keep that mandate in place.

Over the next year, we should see a further roll out of CREST endpoints, enabling third party developers to build the tools to make things better for their users.

Corporation and Alliances are on the table to be reworked, and with the right input, they should be able to allow Industrial corporations to manage their risk better, gating access to resources in sensible fashions, giving them the ability to recruit, without the massive risk that can entail right now.

POS are going to be worked on, and all use cases need to be properly managed. From the POS used to park a super carrier, to that of a moon miner, or a POS stuffed with various assembly arrays and labs, singlehandedly increasing the manufacturing index several percentage points. None of those should be overlooked.

The scale of POS is also important. A unified system, scaling up from the personal depot, to the mighty outpost. A unified system where you don't need to tear down all your labs, to upgrade a medium tower to a large tower.

I'd (still) like to see more activities added to mining. I don't want to take away the 'target rock, turn on laser, wait' method, but I want to see the ability to mine in a faster, but less efficient fashion (asteroid chunks flying everywhere). I want to see a new way to find the asteroids in the first place. And finally, I want to see the ability to claim the asteroids you find for your corp, so someone mining them from under you, becomes a legal target for you. (I've written more on this elsewhere. It's longer than suitable for here)

We managed it last year. I'd like to think we can do it again. With your help and votes, we can continue to make a positive difference.

(And maybe we can finally get some decent hats)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Pandemic Legion
#2 - 2014-11-24 14:34:09 UTC
I endorse this product and/or service.

Seriously though, steve has been a great voice for the 3rd party dev community and an all round solid CSM member.
#3 - 2014-11-24 15:27:13 UTC
I've voted for you every time you've thrown your hat in the ring, and this time will be no exception.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Northern Coalition.
#4 - 2014-11-25 00:19:01 UTC
It was great talking to you in Vegas and finding out that you also have a lot of diverse and constructive opinions outside your main jam of 3rd party tools and industry. The amount of progress that CCP (particularly FoxFour) has made in the last 12 months with the API is pretty obvious even to me.

EVE Down Under - a community for players in the AUTZ

In-game channel: evedownunder // Twitter: @evedownunder

https://www.facebook.com/evedownunder

Adhocracy
#5 - 2014-11-25 00:32:56 UTC
Steve is pure awesome and I fully endorse him for another CSM term.

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I--THE CAPACITOR IS EMPTY

Youtube: /asayanami

Twitter: @asayanami

wormholefundamentals.com

#6 - 2014-11-25 00:54:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Sabriz Adoudel
I'm better known as a destroyer, but I do a *lot* of production and invention too. It may surprise you, but I encouraged people in the Minerbumping community to vote for you last year.

So a question, Steve. How do you feel about the balance changes that happened to production as a result of Crius and Phoebe?

My feeling is that the reduced amount of player input required for inventing and building modules, ammo and ships, and the (general) reduction in production hours required for most goods has led to increased overproduction and a fairly unhealthy economy.

This has real advantages (it's cheaper for newer players to buy those tech 2 modules they can fit) and it's certainly made ganking cheaper, but it's also problematic in that newer players taking up production see less of a return on the capital they invest in things like module BPOs.

Also, why aren't our alliances at war? I need to get a director to fix that.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Sabriz's Rule: "Any time someone argues for a game change claiming it is a quality of life change, the change is actually a game balance change".

#7 - 2014-11-25 01:37:42 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
I'm better known as a destroyer, but I do a *lot* of production and invention too. It may surprise you, but I encouraged people in the Minerbumping community to vote for you last year.

So a question, Steve. How do you feel about the balance changes that happened to production as a result of Crius and Phoebe?

My feeling is that the reduced amount of player input required for inventing and building modules, ammo and ships, and the (general) reduction in production hours required for most goods has led to increased overproduction and a fairly unhealthy economy.

This has real advantages (it's cheaper for newer players to buy those tech 2 modules they can fit) and it's certainly made ganking cheaper, but it's also problematic in that newer players taking up production see less of a return on the capital they invest in things like module BPOs.

Absolutely. Producing things is rewarding, but making ISK while doing so is better. ;-)

Eve releases are coming so quickly, I had to start wearing a seat belt.

#8 - 2014-11-25 12:21:34 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

Quote:

Industry has taken some massive strides as well, albeit with a few missteps. Some things are a little too quick to make.

Smile

My general feeling is that the time for most T2 modules and ammo has fallen too far, so the market is swamped (though you have people moving to the next thing, letting it drain a bit. I'm not a huge fan of that being a requirement)

The lower prices are nice and all, for the consumer, but the market doesn't exist to make mass production /really/ worth it.

As for war, well, I'd prefer you didn't. I'd have to relocate production from the POS to a station, and contract people to move my stuff. (and turn the POS into a dickstar) And that's just annoying.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Snuffed Out
#9 - 2014-11-26 07:40:36 UTC
i'll be glad to see you again
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2014-11-26 19:37:08 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:

I can't take all the credit for the changes which have happened. CCP Foxfour and CCP Seagull have been driving things.

You deserve alot of it though, people don't see how much you have been pushing for all this.

Before I ran last year Two Step said how getting Steve on the CSM was super important, I can now appreciate how much this is true, He's worked really hard.

Totally has my support, Good luck on CSM X.
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-11-29 16:18:34 UTC
I vote for Steve so that I don't have to think about industry. I love your site man!

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

The Initiative.
#12 - 2014-11-30 19:37:42 UTC
Steve has been one of the most valuable members of the CSM in recent years, and if he's generous enough to give us another year of his time, we'd be fools not to take him up on the offer.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

#13 - 2014-11-30 22:22:50 UTC
Hi Steve!

You won't need my vote to get elected, but I'll be giving it to you anyway. Good luck in the campaign.

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Tactical-Retreat
#14 - 2014-12-01 10:05:57 UTC
I wonder how third party devs would do without you Steve Big smile

Good luck for CSM X!

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Renegades Of Silence
#15 - 2014-12-01 18:53:27 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Once again, coming polling day, I'm looking for your votes Smile
... Lots of stuff...

Hooray for hats :) But all the other points sound quite good too. I've read your suggestions on mining and the whole claim based approach, and really like the idea. Also, POS changes would be great.

Good luck! o/
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2014-12-01 21:47:17 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:

grrr, turning eve into tf2, grr, grr.

=P

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Caldari State
#17 - 2014-12-02 04:50:22 UTC
Good to hear that you have decided to run again.

As you are aware we at the Cap Stable Podcast interviewed you during your run for CSM9 and we wish to do the same this year for CSM10.

Here is our announcement: http://capstable.net/2014/12/01/council-of-stellar-management-x-call-for-candidate-interviews/

As we stated in the announcement, you can contact us to schedule your one on one interview via any of the following methods:

Email: podcast@capstable.net
Twitter: @CapStable
Or via our contact form

We look forward to speaking to you about your particular skill set and expertise in EVE Online and we hope you success in your candidacy.

Sincerely,

Lanctharus Onzo
Co-host & Writer of the Cap Stable Podcast
Military Director, Alea Iacta Est Universal

Executive Editor, CSM Watch || Writer, Co-host of the Cap Stable Podcast || Twitter: @Lanctharus

#18 - 2014-12-02 12:15:16 UTC
Lanctharus Onzo wrote:
Good to hear that you have decided to run again.

As you are aware we at the Cap Stable Podcast interviewed you during your run for CSM9 and we wish to do the same this year for CSM10.

Here is our announcement: http://capstable.net/2014/12/01/council-of-stellar-management-x-call-for-candidate-interviews/

As we stated in the announcement, you can contact us to schedule your one on one interview via any of the following methods:

Email: podcast@capstable.net
Twitter: @CapStable
Or via our contact form

We look forward to speaking to you about your particular skill set and expertise in EVE Online and we hope you success in your candidacy.

Sincerely,

Lanctharus Onzo
Co-host & Writer of the Cap Stable Podcast
Military Director, Alea Iacta Est Universal

There's a reason I replied to your tweet with \o/ Smile

I'll have a look at my availability, and drop a mail your way with a range of times.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

The Initiative.
#19 - 2014-12-02 20:07:55 UTC
Steve, rumours have reached me that your recipie for bolognaise sauce is made with disgusting slimy mince instead of good, honest chopped beef. How do you answer this vile, scurrilous accusation?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

#20 - 2014-12-02 20:25:00 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Steve, rumours have reached me that your recipie for bolognaise sauce is made with disgusting slimy mince instead of good, honest chopped beef. How do you answer this vile, scurrilous accusation?

If your mince is slimy, then you're not getting a decent mince Smile Ideally an extra lean steak mince, and a lower fat pork mince.

Once cooked, you'll have a mixture of sauce, and fine bits of meat.

http://www.fuzzysteve.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/meatysauce/15.jpg

(I possible overdid the parmesan in that picture)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

6 Pages123Next pageLast page