CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
6 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page

Steve "Fuzzysteve" Ronuken: CSM X

First post
Author
#21 - 2014-12-02 21:16:04 UTC
What do you think about CCP's feelings about awoxing, particularly the part in the minutes in which Fozzie says that spending time reading about mechanics shouldn't be as important
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#22 - 2014-12-03 12:32:05 UTC
BadAssMcKill wrote:
What do you think about CCP's feelings about awoxing, particularly the part in the minutes in which Fozzie says that spending time reading about mechanics shouldn't be as important

The removal of the corp on corp aggression 'hole' in concord responses is something we'd been talking to CCP about for a few months before the summit. Just to give you a little context, and explain why there wasn't as much discussion on it as you might have expected for such a 'big' change.

I'm, in general, comfortable with the removal. I'd prefer it to be able to be toggled; with a delay (maybe 12 hours + up to downtime), and clear notification to current, new and potential members) but if that's not an option, then I can live with it being removed.

Getting people into a corporation shouldn't have to be a pain in the ass. A newbie being invited into a corporation isn't going to have spent time reading up on corp mechanics. Expecting them to have done it is naive. A group of newbies running a corp (because, for example, they came in as a group, and want a Flag of their own) can be expected to have read up a bit more, but the 'concord won't protect you' isn't particularly clear anywhere.

Long term, I'm wanting to see fairly extensive changes to the social grouping systems of Eve. Not just 'corp and alliance', or the addition of corp lite. But the ability to join cross corp social groups (along with full discoverability for them. One of the biggest problems at the moment).

Being able to find Spectre Fleet, for example, and join it, getting into a channel, a mailing list, bulletins, fleet adverts (and restrictions) and possibly even having a small kitty for donations, would be good.

Sure, it's possible to do it with out of game tools, but those /suck/ for discoverability.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Goonswarm Federation
#23 - 2014-12-03 15:07:03 UTC
Steve is a rad dude. He doesn’t indulge in the drama of the CSM, he works hard, and he has great ideas. He walks faster than anyone I’ve ever met, and is preternaturally calm. I’ve enjoyed this past year of working with him immensely, and I encourage you to vote for him this year to return him to the council.

I’m pretty sure he’s a Scottish ninja too.

On twitter @siggonK

#24 - 2014-12-03 15:35:23 UTC
Another one I'm delighted to see running again! Good luck, and you'll definitely be on my ballot :-D
#25 - 2014-12-03 19:20:47 UTC
All reps on Fuzzy!
+1

Invalid signature format

Second Empire.
#26 - 2014-12-04 05:29:55 UTC
While Steve may still have some terrible ideas about AFK cloakers lurking in his brain, he has proved to punch way above his weight in value, as expected. Based on some level of reading between the lines, I don't think CCP would have gotten as far with CREST this year as they have without Steve there to provide the Voice of the Customer - in this case the data customer.

Steve strikes me as a solid, rational guy and his value to both the CSM and CCP is pretty obvious after watching him for a year. I already know he'll be getting an endorsement from me when I get around to writing that post.

Steve deserves to get back on CSM; make sure he's on your list!

Author of Interstellar Privateer Shattered Planets, Wormholes and Game Commentary

#27 - 2014-12-04 12:12:19 UTC
Rhavas wrote:
While Steve may still have some terrible ideas about AFK cloakers lurking in his brain, he has proved to punch way above his weight in value, as expected. Based on some level of reading between the lines, I don't think CCP would have gotten as far with CREST this year as they have without Steve there to provide the Voice of the Customer - in this case the data customer.

Steve strikes me as a solid, rational guy and his value to both the CSM and CCP is pretty obvious after watching him for a year. I already know he'll be getting an endorsement from me when I get around to writing that post.

Steve deserves to get back on CSM; make sure he's on your list!

Thanks Smile

To fill in a little detail about the first comment:
I don't like AFK cloaking. So I think there should be some counter gameplay to it. (Not fuel, or having to rehit the button. That's dull and uninteresting). Something so that, with time and effort, you can 'hunt' the cloaker. An active one is safe enough, as they can move, and force people to restart.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

EvE-Scout Enclave
#28 - 2014-12-04 18:15:55 UTC
Steve:

To be honest, I don't know too much about your work on CSM9 beyond your review of the first post here, but knowing what has happened in the last six months (since I've been a player) indicates to me that you've been a solid advocate of things both in and out of just actual gameplay. Some of your ideas on POS and industry remain intriguing.

So, I'd like to ask you some question (which I know you've now seen) that I'm asking of folks I'm seriously considering.

Space has become littered with abandoned POS structures. What is your position on getting rid of them? I'd like to see, perhaps, a orbital degrading mechanic once the fuel is gone. This, then would open up the moons for pilots that will actually use them. The current mechanic, of course, involves Wardec-ing a possibly abandoned Corp and then sitting there for an extended period of time blapping the structures. I think something better is quite possible.

EVE seems to be popularly seen as more than a game, perhaps moving into the hobby realm. I'm aware that some discussions have been held with regard to finding a way to bring a more casual player or a more casual play-style option into EVE. Would you advocate this? If so, how might this be done without fundamentally changing the nature of the game? Would it?

It seems a given that CSM X and CCP will look at dealing with the SovNull question this term. Beyond that, from a gameplay perspective, what would you advocate as the next priority?

EVE players seem to be quite passionate about the game, yet it is said that the voting rate for CSM elections is lower than that of even the United States midterms. Does this diminish the validity of the CSM? What would you like to do to combat the voter apathy that we see and effectively educate the voters on the reality of what the CSM can effectively do?

Finally, and most importantly, do you like cats? :-)

By the way, your response to that last question in Sugar's thread: Well played, Sir. Well played! :)

Thanks so much!

-- Alan Mathison, Explorer & Industrialist, Star Tide Industries

Solar Assault Fleet
#29 - 2014-12-04 20:34:25 UTC
Rhavas wrote:
I don't think CCP would have gotten as far with CREST this year as they have without Steve there to provide the Voice of the Customer - in this case the data customer.

If Internal Audit wouldn't object, loudly, then one could guess that CCP SocksFour would have registered a cloud of characters (or hacked the db) just to vote for Uncle Stevie ...

CCP has shown support for 3:rd party support from very early on, but in a bit of a backhand way.

It has changed lately.

With our 3:rd party Ninja on CSM we can be sure that it's not slipping back to that without a fight.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

#30 - 2014-12-04 21:13:33 UTC
Some way to remove abandoned structures is certainly needed. I suspect we won't see anything with the current system, as it should be leaving relatively soon, with teams working on a replacement.

If that timescale is too long, I'll certainly be advocating for something. Probably hacking related, as that's an existing mechanic, but with delays built in, so it's not 'forget to fuel my pos, and it's gone an hour later'. That's the kind of caveat that makes this more complicated to deal with.

For more casual players, I do want to see better ways to draw them into the community. Things such as social groups (like corps, but across corps, and not owning anything) would help here. It's already possible to play Eve casually, but the bigger corporations tend to require activity levels. Other groups should help.

Next things up (publicly), are corporations, sov/null and structures. They're the big pain points for existing players. However, also on the go is the New Player Experience. And that's very important. Having been spending time in Rookie help, I keep seeing the same questions coming up (we have a list). That suggests discoverability issues (one of Eve's big problems if you ask me.) so the UI needs more work. More hints. And making things more obvious. One example: The links in PI aren't immediately obvious how full they are. Adding a throb to them based on the capacity used, makes it more obvious.

Combating voter apathy is a difficult thing to do. We've been talking to CCP about it. As for the validity, that's a difficult thing to answer. The people who vote tend to be the people most hooked into the community, either personally, or because they're part of a group that told them it was a good idea. So it does represent that kind of person. I'd prefer bigger numbers, which means a bigger mandate. But CCP still find us useful Smile

Yes, I like cats. Grew up with a couple of them. They're gone now Sad And my apartment doesn't allow for pets.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Mercenary Coalition
#31 - 2014-12-04 23:39:09 UTC
Such community dedication. Got my vote.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

#32 - 2014-12-05 01:47:52 UTC
Steve is quite awesome and he needs to share how much he does. He makes spreadsheets and complex mathematical figures appear out of mid discussion. He picks up projects simply because he can get them done and forgets to mention that he took care of it. He's always been willing to assist me with my projects using his time and skills.

He also walks way, way to fast. It's really bad. You're at the bottom of the hill and Steve vanishes into the sunset. That to is impressive.

Member of CSM9 and CSM10.

Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2014-12-06 21:56:40 UTC
The static data exports on your site alone are enough for a +1 from me.

"Playing an MMO by yourself is like masturbating in the middle of an orgy." -Jonah Gravenstein

Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2014-12-08 19:18:25 UTC
Steve has been invaluable on CSM9 and I strongly endorse him for CSMX. He has been a pleasure to work with and his feedback has been vital in solving many of the current issues in the game.

www.crossingzebras.com

Requiem Eternal
#35 - 2014-12-09 08:23:40 UTC
I endorse Steve for CSM

http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au/

The Volition Cult
#36 - 2014-12-10 10:12:18 UTC
Third party and industry. Steve is your man, i wouldnt know much about it, glad he looks into that. If crest api is yoru future, follow him. Last csm had several departures, and those that sticked with it, did their share. A nice spread of interest. Steve specificslly mentions pve, where others call themselves null or pvp

Goodluck steve
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2014-12-11 11:24:51 UTC
Steve, you have the #1 vote on all of my accounts.
Sanara Estidal
#38 - 2014-12-12 08:44:49 UTC
A high sec industrialist candidate? Yes.
Will you be doing any of the interview podcasts?
A Band Apart.
#39 - 2014-12-12 11:26:35 UTC
HATS!!!

'nuff said.

http://eveoganda.blogspot.com

#40 - 2014-12-12 14:00:05 UTC
Sanara Estidal wrote:
A high sec industrialist candidate? Yes.
Will you be doing any of the interview podcasts?

I'll interview with pretty much anyone. I've not arranged anything yet, due to a chest infection (don't like coughing in people's ears) but once that's cleared up, you should be hearing my dulcet tones abusing your ears.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

6 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page