• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 PagesPrevious page12

Khador Vess for CSM X - New Players, Bitter Vets... Lend me your ears

First post
Author
RvB - BLUE Republic
#21 - 2015-02-19 10:34:27 UTC
Mangala Solaris wrote:
Khador, obviously I know that you have a RL career that takes you all over the globe and often at very short notice. How will you reconcile this with the requirements of the CSM role, should you be successful in earning a seat?

Most long haul flights have wifi now so now i have something to do rather than watching the same movies over and over again Big smile

In all seriousness, I will be transitioning to a new role with my employer come the new financial year so nowhere near as many flights to strange and exotic lands (fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it),

This year the stars are lined up and personal life, work life and eve life are all permitting me to commit the necessary time to be an effective CSM member.
EvE-Scout Enclave
#22 - 2015-02-20 01:32:36 UTC
Your RvB experience put you on the radar for my ballot since the new bro agenda is the primary criteria for who I will vote for this year. Big bonus is that via your alts you have a wide range of experience in other areas of the game that will clearly be on CCP's agenda this year.

What do you think of the Opportunities dev blog and the possibilities it suggests for new players to get a better start in learning how to play EVE?

Lost in space, looking for sigs...

Blog: Cloaky Wanderer

RvB - BLUE Republic
#23 - 2015-02-20 16:55:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Khador Vess
Mynxee wrote:
Your RvB experience put you on the radar for my ballot since the new bro agenda is the primary criteria for who I will vote for this year. Big bonus is that via your alts you have a wide range of experience in other areas of the game that will clearly be on CCP's agenda this year.

What do you think of the Opportunities dev blog and the possibilities it suggests for new players to get a better start in learning how to play EVE?

The devblog is a good start. I love the free form concepts that the opportunities system promises, rather than sequential do x, y, z and read a wall of text it becomes much more about allowing them to explore. This works well when you combine the new UI elements and things like the new simple icons, the notification system etc. so you are guiding and teaching them subtly, allowing them to explore without giving them a rubix cube and the traditional 'go f*** yourself...'

The fact you can now make things open ended means that they can learn there is more than one way to skin a cat, more than one way to achieve an objective and remove some of the artificial restrictions placed in the existing tutorial. I'm particularly happy that things like joining fleets, PvP and other things that were not previously possible or that were very intuitive from the old tutorial system could also get a new lease of life. EvE is by and large a social game and people will get the most out of it if they engage with other players, so anything that means social / NPSI groups or corporations are easier to access is a very positive change.

Hopefully now the new player experience can also show the players that loosing a ship, loosing a pod, etc. is all par for the course and that they can and should embrace the fact that they are immortal hopefully making people less risk adverse and more likely to explore other areas of space, other types of gameplay and means that players can be engaged from day one to day twenty one rather than getting to the end of the tutorial and saying... 'what do i do now'.
#24 - 2015-02-21 11:40:05 UTC
RvB - BLUE Republic
#25 - 2015-02-23 10:06:22 UTC
Thanks for that Bellak.

Also guys don't forget to check out my just for crits Q & A:

http://justforcrits.com/csmx-khador-vess/
RvB - BLUE Republic
#26 - 2015-02-24 09:16:00 UTC
Endorsements starting to be announced.

I'd like to say a big thanks to Rhavas (https://interstellarprivateer.wordpress.com/2015/02/23/csm-x-provisional/) for his endorsement given the tough and particularly large field this year.

Embrace your immorality and immortality - Vote Khador Vess
#27 - 2015-02-25 17:24:40 UTC
It may be a particularly tough and large field this year, but as FC of some of fleets I've been in, it's evident that large and tough fields are your home.

I vote for you.

RvB - BLUE Republic
#28 - 2015-03-10 11:01:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Khador Vess
Last chance to vote folks... polls close today.
2 PagesPrevious page12