EVE Launcher

 
30 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

EVE Launcher - Feedback and issues

First post First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2015-12-17 15:58:37 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
The new EVE Launcher has left its beta status on December 18th, 2015.

We welcome you to check out the EVE Launcher with all its new features, improved diagnostics tools, and clear design. The download pages have been updated accordingly and are ready for you. The classic Launcher is still available for download, but is only suggested for Windows XP users.

If you are already using the new EVE Launcher, you don’t need to do anything extra and can simply continue using it at your leisure. While you can continue using the classic EVE Launcher, we recommend that you switch over to the new Launcher (not available for WinXP).

Please use this thread for feedback, to report issues, and to suggest improvements.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Central Omni Galactic Group
#2 - 2015-12-18 10:37:16 UTC
@ CCP Maxeell, MJS is saying that the Beta launcher does not import the IGB bookmarks. This has been an issue the whole time, with most of the Possbile testing failing b/c the IGB keeps causing errors.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

C C P Alliance
#3 - 2015-12-18 10:41:01 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:
@ CCP Maxeell, MJS is saying that the Beta launcher does not import the IGB bookmarks. This has been an issue the whole time, with most of the Possbile testing failing b/c the IGB keeps causing errors.


OK, thanks for the clarification. Digging into this right now.

CCP Maxwell - QA Engineer - Team RnB

C C P Alliance
#4 - 2015-12-18 11:02:04 UTC
CCP Maxwell wrote:
Amarisen Gream wrote:
@ CCP Maxeell, MJS is saying that the Beta launcher does not import the IGB bookmarks. This has been an issue the whole time, with most of the Possbile testing failing b/c the IGB keeps causing errors.


OK, thanks for the clarification. Digging into this right now.


Had a look again. I just set up a few bookmarks on my account using the 'old' launcher. I then went back and fired up the same account using the new launcher. Open View->Client Settings and dragged my settings from the left hand box over to the right hand box. Then opened the client using those settings, voila. Bookmarks available.

CCP Maxwell - QA Engineer - Team RnB

Caldari State
#5 - 2015-12-18 11:45:22 UTC
Is the old luncher automagically patch itself to new luncher? Or does people that still don't know the blessing of new luncher have to download it manually?
#6 - 2015-12-18 11:47:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Erin Crawford
CCP Phantom wrote:
The new EVE Launcher has left its beta status on December 18th, 2015.


Does that mean the EVE Offline Installers found here (http://community.eveonline.com/support/download/offline-installer/) now include the new launcher by default?

"Those who talk don’t know. Those who know don’t talk. "

C C P Alliance
#7 - 2015-12-18 11:51:35 UTC
Erin Crawford wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
The new EVE Launcher has left its beta status on December 18th, 2015.


Does that mean the EVE Offline Installers found here (http://community.eveonline.com/support/download/offline-installer/) now include the new launcher by default?

No, not yet.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

C C P Alliance
#8 - 2015-12-18 11:52:03 UTC
Erin Crawford wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
The new EVE Launcher has left its beta status on December 18th, 2015.


Does that mean the EVE Offline Installers found here (http://community.eveonline.com/support/download/offline-installer/) now include the new launcher by default?


'Fraid not.

We're still working out the details of the full installer for the new launcher.

CCP Maxwell - QA Engineer - Team RnB

C C P Alliance
#9 - 2015-12-18 11:52:53 UTC
Max Kolonko wrote:
Is the old luncher automagically patch itself to new luncher? Or does people that still don't know the blessing of new luncher have to download it manually?

No, the old launcher will not update to the new one - you have to download it manually and install.

You can get the latest launcher from here: http://community.eveonline.com/support/download

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2015-12-18 13:02:37 UTC
I'm still having issues with the launcher becoming unresponsive on a daily basis and I probably end up closing it in an unresponsive state more often than in a responsive state. I've been using it for about a month or two now and was hoping to figure out a way to reproduce the issue before posting a somewhat generic bug report but I can't. It can happen without clicking anything or ever launching an Eve Client and regardless of if there's an update or not. The updates usually work just fine. The only error I occasionally see in the error log looks something like the error below but I don't always get any errors in the Launcher's log when this happens so I'm not sure if it's related. I use Windows 7 and have an i7(4 Core/8 CPU) so I suspect it's some sort of threading/locking issue. It doesn't eat up any of the CPUs when it hangs.

QWebEnginePage: "XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://api-sisi.testeveonline.com/?_=1450439465156. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'https://launcher.eveonline.com' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 502." 0 "https://launcher.eveonline.com/1.735/"
Circle-Of-Two
#11 - 2015-12-18 13:39:13 UTC
I was using the beta launcher from almost a month. Very happy with it, thank you.
Today it update itself to version 992878, but still report "Beta Version" at top.
Bug or I need to manual update to another version?
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2015-12-18 13:50:18 UTC
Castelo Selva wrote:
I was using the beta launcher from almost a month. Very happy with it, thank you.
Today it update itself to version 992878, but still report "Beta Version" at top.
Bug or I need to manual update to another version?


Can you try to restart the launcher? I added a quick-fix that should take older versions to the latest.

CCP raRaRa // Web Developer // Team Webster

C C P Alliance
#13 - 2015-12-18 13:51:24 UTC
Castelo Selva wrote:
I was using the beta launcher from almost a month. Very happy with it, thank you.
Today it update itself to version 992878, but still report "Beta Version" at top.
Bug or I need to manual update to another version?

There is a caching issue with the web pages used - try restarting. I'll have a fix soon that ensures this won't happen in the future.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

#14 - 2015-12-18 13:53:27 UTC
What about my client settings? Any chance to import them to the new launcher or they are there already?

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

#15 - 2015-12-18 13:59:49 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
What about my client settings? Any chance to import them to the new launcher or they are there already?


yes u can import em ..

EVElopedia < add this to your sig to show u WANT it back

C C P Alliance
#16 - 2015-12-18 14:30:04 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
What about my client settings? Any chance to import them to the new launcher or they are there already?

It should offer to import them the first time you run. You can always do that later as well, from the drop down menu, Client Settings.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

#17 - 2015-12-18 19:06:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Iria Ahrens
edit- nevermind, I was using the old launcher and only thought it was the new one. Coming back to Eve but long enough away not tot know the difference.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Central Omni Galactic Group
#18 - 2015-12-18 20:17:56 UTC
CCP Maxwell wrote:
CCP Maxwell wrote:
Amarisen Gream wrote:
@ CCP Maxeell, MJS is saying that the Beta launcher does not import the IGB bookmarks. This has been an issue the whole time, with most of the Possbile testing failing b/c the IGB keeps causing errors.


OK, thanks for the clarification. Digging into this right now.


Had a look again. I just set up a few bookmarks on my account using the 'old' launcher. I then went back and fired up the same account using the new launcher. Open View->Client Settings and dragged my settings from the left hand box over to the right hand box. Then opened the client using those settings, voila. Bookmarks available.


Glad to hear it was fixed -
The issue as I believe I stated was this

As the IGB under the beta launcher was broken for so long - many of us imported our profiles but the IGB bookmarks did not carry over due to the Beta Mac Launcher IGB being a naughty program.

Basically, it seems people who had a lot of Bookmarks just need to reimport their old settings folder.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

#19 - 2015-12-18 23:03:06 UTC
Hey

Congrats CCP Snorlax, team Webster and all the rest.

I guess that was in order that at least that was on the first page.


now good luck with installers, and steam and bugs and all
Caldari State
#20 - 2015-12-19 01:12:05 UTC
Is it just me, or does the link on the download page want you to reinstall the entire game client?
30 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump