Assembly Hall

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Drastically reduce or remove Jump Clone delay

Author
DARKNESS.
#1 - 2016-09-11 18:42:24 UTC
Jump Clone fatigue is a feature that creates many situations where the smart move is NOT to play the game. Just a few examples

-Want to enjoy a little PvE in the morning, but if I clone jump I won't be at the staging for tonight's fleet... I'll just play Overwatch instead.

-Doing an exploration run on the other end of the cluster. Ping pops up to get in fleet. If I go I'll be unable to come back here and keep exploring... Crap; I'll have to get in fleet but just log off after the op. because what I really want to do now is exploration, not ratting. And I'm 19 hours away of jumping back to my exploration ship....

-Want to help the newbros in lowsec learn some PvP. Again, if I clonejump there I won't be here for tonight's Coalition-wide operation. Sorry, newbros.

I understand unlimited, free clonejump has issues, but the current system has the biggest issue possible: People not playing the game at times because of it.
Agony Empire
#2 - 2016-09-27 22:14:28 UTC
Kenji Noguchi wrote:
Jump Clone fatigue is a feature that creates many situations where the smart move is NOT to play the game. Just a few examples

-Want to enjoy a little PvE in the morning, but if I clone jump I won't be at the staging for tonight's fleet... I'll just play Overwatch instead.

-Doing an exploration run on the other end of the cluster. Ping pops up to get in fleet. If I go I'll be unable to come back here and keep exploring... Crap; I'll have to get in fleet but just log off after the op. because what I really want to do now is exploration, not ratting. And I'm 19 hours away of jumping back to my exploration ship....

-Want to help the newbros in lowsec learn some PvP. Again, if I clonejump there I won't be here for tonight's Coalition-wide operation. Sorry, newbros.

I understand unlimited, free clonejump has issues, but the current system has the biggest issue possible: People not playing the game at times because of it.


WTB: A clone bay that works without a delay.
Oh wait, we have those already.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

#3 - 2016-09-27 22:58:24 UTC
What's the problem with deathcloning?
#4 - 2016-09-28 20:09:33 UTC
Kenji Noguchi wrote:


-Doing an exploration run on the other end of the cluster. Ping pops up to get in fleet. If I go I'll be unable to come back here and keep exploring... Crap; I'll have to get in fleet but just log off after the op. because what I really want to do now is exploration, not ratting. And I'm 19 hours away of jumping back to my exploration ship....


This problem is frequently trivialized if you learn2Thera.

That aside, if there's only ONE thing you're willing to do at any given time, and you're going to log off if you can't do that ONE thing, that's something that's just going to have to be regarded as acceptable collateral damage, because the alternative is far worse.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Ivy League
#5 - 2016-09-29 10:15:27 UTC
I don't have problems with the time but with stopping the skill queue. There is IMHO no reason, because it works on death too. You pick up at the speed your new body allows. EVE just needs to recalculate the learning speed. Even if you loose 10 sec. for the recalculation it's much easier then stopping and starting the skill queue.
DARKNESS.
#6 - 2016-10-02 17:40:53 UTC
Elenahina wrote:
Kenji Noguchi wrote:
Jump Clone fatigue is a feature that creates many situations where the smart move is NOT to play the game. Just a few examples

-Want to enjoy a little PvE in the morning, but if I clone jump I won't be at the staging for tonight's fleet... I'll just play Overwatch instead.

-Doing an exploration run on the other end of the cluster. Ping pops up to get in fleet. If I go I'll be unable to come back here and keep exploring... Crap; I'll have to get in fleet but just log off after the op. because what I really want to do now is exploration, not ratting. And I'm 19 hours away of jumping back to my exploration ship....

-Want to help the newbros in lowsec learn some PvP. Again, if I clonejump there I won't be here for tonight's Coalition-wide operation. Sorry, newbros.

I understand unlimited, free clonejump has issues, but the current system has the biggest issue possible: People not playing the game at times because of it.


WTB: A clone bay that works without a delay.
Oh wait, we have those already.


Care to elaborate?
DARKNESS.
#7 - 2016-10-02 17:49:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Kenji Noguchi
Rawketsled wrote:
What's the problem with deathcloning?


Using implants+having to switch home stations back and forth constantly.

Besides, if as you say "this is already in the game", why not implement it in an intuitive and coherent way? It's actually better to be killed or suicide than jumping from a prepared clone bay in a controlled manner? Sorry, but that doesn't make sense.
#8 - 2016-10-02 22:33:36 UTC
Implants are optional.

If alliance fitting doctrines require implants, that's an alliance problem not an Eve problem.
DARKNESS.
#9 - 2016-10-03 15:07:33 UTC
Rawketsled wrote:
Implants are optional.

If alliance fitting doctrines require implants, that's an alliance problem not an Eve problem.


Nobody mentioned alliances at all.
#10 - 2016-10-03 23:26:48 UTC
So half of the solution is to not put implants in if you're going to hop across the universe frequently.

My PVP toon only rolls implants when I'm going to be inactive for weeks at a time.
Army of New Eden
#11 - 2016-10-04 02:26:19 UTC  |  Edited by: radkid10
use +3 implants the only cost 8 million each which are super easy to replace

I do not buy implants it cost more than 20 million

I also try to make sure my overall value of my implants is less than 150 million

that's around the range I can afford to replace quickly
DARKNESS.
#12 - 2016-10-04 16:38:49 UTC
If as you say "this is already in the game", why not implement it in an intuitive and coherent way? It's actually better to be killed or suicide than jumping from a prepared clone bay in a controlled manner? Sorry, but that doesn't make sense.
Eve Radio Alliance
#13 - 2016-10-28 02:00:28 UTC
I think there is a skill for this
The Initiative.
#14 - 2016-10-28 11:25:31 UTC
Kenji Noguchi wrote:
Jump Clone fatigue is a feature that creates many situations where the smart move is NOT to play the game. Just a few examples

-Want to enjoy a little PvE in the morning, but if I clone jump I won't be at the staging for tonight's fleet... I'll just play Overwatch instead.

-Doing an exploration run on the other end of the cluster. Ping pops up to get in fleet. If I go I'll be unable to come back here and keep exploring... Crap; I'll have to get in fleet but just log off after the op. because what I really want to do now is exploration, not ratting. And I'm 19 hours away of jumping back to my exploration ship....

-Want to help the newbros in lowsec learn some PvP. Again, if I clonejump there I won't be here for tonight's Coalition-wide operation. Sorry, newbros.

I understand unlimited, free clonejump has issues, but the current system has the biggest issue possible: People not playing the game at times because of it.


Learn to citadels m8

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

The Initiative.
#15 - 2016-10-28 11:27:33 UTC
Rawketsled wrote:
So half of the solution is to not put implants in if you're going to hop across the universe frequently.

My PVP toon only rolls implants when I'm going to be inactive for weeks at a time.


Again, there's no timer for jumping to.a clone in the same citadel

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

DARKNESS.
#16 - 2016-11-14 23:40:24 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Rawketsled wrote:
So half of the solution is to not put implants in if you're going to hop across the universe frequently.

My PVP toon only rolls implants when I'm going to be inactive for weeks at a time.


Again, there's no timer for jumping to.a clone in the same citadel


If as you say "this is already in the game", why not implement it in an intuitive and coherent way? It's actually better to be killed or suicide than jumping from a prepared clone bay in a controlled manner? Sorry, but that doesn't make sense.
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2016-11-23 13:07:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Borat Guereen
imho not a problem of the game... more likely a problem of acute min-maxing disorder. Cool

Candidate for CSM XII

DARKNESS.
#18 - 2016-12-04 12:18:02 UTC
Borat Guereen wrote:
imho not a problem of the game... more likely a problem of acute min-maxing disorder. Cool


I would call it an "I want to play EVE" disorder. Anybody who has played this game for some time has contacts and activities spread through all the cluster. If I want to play with X group of people in the morning, that prevents me from playing with Y group of people until 20 hours later.

You simply end up apologizing and not playing with one of the two groups. That's damaging to the game and the community.
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2016-12-05 00:53:02 UTC
Kenji Noguchi wrote:
Borat Guereen wrote:
imho not a problem of the game... more likely a problem of acute min-maxing disorder. Cool


I would call it an "I want to play EVE" disorder. Anybody who has played this game for some time has contacts and activities spread through all the cluster. If I want to play with X group of people in the morning, that prevents me from playing with Y group of people until 20 hours later.

You simply end up apologizing and not playing with one of the two groups. That's damaging to the game and the community.


To me, what is more damaging is the notion that you can be flying with goons in the morning, with PL in the afternoon and with CO2 in the evening. Where is your true loyalty?

Candidate for CSM XII

DARKNESS.
#20 - 2016-12-05 09:42:17 UTC
If you read the whole thread you'll understand I'm not talking about anything remotely similar to that.
Forum Jump