Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
6 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

[November] New Sunesis destroyer

First post First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2016-09-15 17:55:26 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Hello everyone o/

Many of you have seen our recent news update revealing the celebratory rewards we're sending to subscribers over the next few months.

The original update included this cryptic text:
Quote:
In addition to this, there are also rumors from an as of yet unidentified shipyard that indicate a new ship is about to be unveiled...


Today we're ready to begin gathering feedback on this new ship that will be handed out as part of the celebration!

The Sunesis is a new destroyer from the Society of Conscious Thought.
Like its big brother the Gnosis, the Sunesis does not require advanced skill training to fly and gets all its bonuses from fixed role bonuses. It also shares the Gnosis' "jack of all trades" design philosophy, receiving bonuses to all major weapon types and being able to be tanked in any way desired.

Here are the work in progress stats as they stand today. We'll be making tweaks as needed using your feedback and playtesting.

Sunesis
“The Sunesis-class SoCT Destroyer allows any acolyte to protect the investigations and secrets of the society.
Since it has very low skill requirements, any capsuleer can pilot it. It serves well in research and exploration but truly comes into its own in combat, with extremely fast align time.
This is a ship that shows its value when understanding the universe requires a strong hand as well as a sharp mind."


Role Bonus:
25% bonus to Small Energy Turret, Small Hybrid Turret and Small Projectile Turret damage
25% bonus to Light Missile and Rocket damage
50% bonus to Drone hitpoints and damage
37.5% bonus to Core and Combat Scanner Probe strength

Slot layout: 4H, 4M, 4L; 3 turrets, 3 launchers
3 Rig Slots, 400 Calibration
Fittings: 63 PWG, 175 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 800 / 800 / 800
Base shield resistances (EM/Therm/Kin/Exp): 27.5 / 27.5 / 27.5 / 27.5
Base armor resistances (EM/Therm/Kin/Exp): 32.5 / 32.5 / 32.5 / 32.5
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / average cap per second) : 575 / 320 / 1.8
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 220 / 2 / 1,500,000 / 4.16s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 20 / 40
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 35km / 550 / 6
Sensor strength: 10 Gravimetric
Signature radius: 65
Cargo capacity: 600


To get this new ship for free, be subscribed before 23:59 UTC on September 16th 2016 and maintain an active subscription until the November expansion.

We'll have this ship ready for playtesting on SISI as soon as possible so you folks can try it out there.
Let us know what you think!

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

C C P Alliance
#2 - 2016-09-15 18:01:06 UTC
Reserved

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

The-Culture
#3 - 2016-09-15 18:14:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Bei ArtJay
4/4/4 - fun for everyone! <3

Also, WTB pics.
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2016-09-15 18:18:24 UTC
Bei ArtJay wrote:
4/4/4 - fun for everyone! <3

Also, WTB pics.


A pic is in the news item.

======== o7 _CCP Manifest | Public Relations and Social Media | @ccp_manifest_

Pen Is Out
#5 - 2016-09-15 18:22:18 UTC
I don't need to cancel my current subscription and make a new to get these do I?
#6 - 2016-09-15 18:22:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Amak Boma
drone bay is kidna small , give us 50m3 and 25mbit bandwidth for drones.
maybe make it able to fit warfare links?

how the sunesis will be seeded? some lp store? blueprint copy as some rewards?

why there is no soct faction on ship tree?
Nornir Empire
#7 - 2016-09-15 18:22:33 UTC
Tactical-Retreat
#8 - 2016-09-15 18:23:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Altrue
Always amazed at the SoCT's cargo capacity. Frankly, other ship manufacturers should take inspiration from them...

Apart from that, sounds like a fun ship to fly! It seems VERY powerful for a destroyer though, the 4 mids + 4 lows... What are the drone bandwidth and capacity BTW?

EDIT: From the news, it's 20Mb/40m3

So yeah, it sounds like it will be just like the Gnosis, a very tanky, slow, very agile ship with less than average DPS and application.
Application can be compensated by the extra mid/low slots, or you can choose to tank it quite a bit!

In a vacuum that'd be fine by me, but it's a bit sad that this is the only "T1" option for destroyers that has that level of tanking.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

C C P Alliance
#9 - 2016-09-15 18:26:03 UTC
I missed adding the drone stats (20/40) in the first version of the OP, all fixed now.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

#10 - 2016-09-15 18:26:16 UTC
Altrue wrote:
Always amazed at the SoCT's cargo capacity. Frankly, other ship manufacturers should take inspiration from them...

Apart from that, sounds like a fun ship to fly! It seems VERY powerful for a destroyer though, the 4 mids + 4 lows... What are the drone bandwidth and capacity BTW?

EDIT: From the news, it's 20Mb/40m3



Slot layout:

4 High
4 Mid
4 Low
3 Turret Slots
3 Launcher Slots

20 mbits drone bandwidth
40m3 dronebay
C C P Alliance
#11 - 2016-09-15 18:27:20 UTC
Amak Boma wrote:

how the sunesis will be seeded? some lp store? blueprint copy as some rewards?


Like its big brother the Gnosis, the Sunesis is a celebration gift given by CCP to our players at certain important points in EVE history.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Tactical-Retreat
#12 - 2016-09-15 18:33:40 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Like its big brother the Gnosis, the Sunesis is a celebration gift given by CCP to our players at certain important points in EVE history.


Doesn't that bother you by the way? The EVE economy is almost entierly player-driven with player-made stuff. Injecting ships out of nowhere is fine when they have a way to be usefull without filling too much of a niche, like the Gnosis.

But here, you have a destroyer that's clearly more unique in its stats (especially its ability to tank, but also it's ability to probe which is completely new for a destroyer)... It fills a niche, and this niche is entierly made of CCP-spawned items.

I just find that weird for a sandbox. It's not the end of the world or anything, but it feels out of place.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Pandemic Horde
#13 - 2016-09-15 18:35:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Zappity
Altrue wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Like its big brother the Gnosis, the Sunesis is a celebration gift given by CCP to our players at certain important points in EVE history.


Doesn't that bother you by the way? The EVE economy is almost entierly player-driven with player-made stuff. Injecting ships out of nowhere is fine when they have a way to be usefull without filling too much of a niche, like the Gnosis.

But here, you have a destroyer that's clearly more unique in its stats (especially its ability to tank, but also it's ability to probe which is completely new for a destroyer)... It fills a niche, and this niche is entierly made of CCP-spawned items.

I just find that weird for a sandbox. It's not the end of the world or anything, but it feels out of place.

Nah, it's all good since it is very occasional. And it messed with the Gnosis speculators which was amusing.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

The-Culture
#14 - 2016-09-15 18:40:40 UTC
CCP Manifest wrote:
Bei ArtJay wrote:
4/4/4 - fun for everyone! <3

Also, WTB pics.


A pic is in the news item.



Shiny!
Tactical-Retreat
#15 - 2016-09-15 18:43:50 UTC
Zappity wrote:
And it messed with the Gnosis speculators which was amusing.


Unless CCP introduces more Gnosii on a regular basis, the speculators merely had their investment delayed.
Remember folks, you don't loose anything as long as you don't sell!
And here I am talking like the true trader that I'm not.

I will be interesting to see if the Sunesis or the Gnosis end up being the most used of the two though.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Gallente Federation
#16 - 2016-09-15 18:45:55 UTC
Altrue wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Like its big brother the Gnosis, the Sunesis is a celebration gift given by CCP to our players at certain important points in EVE history.


Doesn't that bother you by the way? The EVE economy is almost entierly player-driven with player-made stuff. Injecting ships out of nowhere is fine when they have a way to be usefull without filling too much of a niche, like the Gnosis.

But here, you have a destroyer that's clearly more unique in its stats (especially its ability to tank, but also it's ability to probe which is completely new for a destroyer)... It fills a niche, and this niche is entierly made of CCP-spawned items.

I just find that weird for a sandbox. It's not the end of the world or anything, but it feels out of place.



I agree with this ro some extent.

I would prefer that ccp give a bpc not a fully built ship. Then people would have to access the sandbox to build their gift.

That being said I do support ccp being able to reward players and thank them for trying to come up with new and creative ways to show subscribers appreciation.
DARKNESS.
#17 - 2016-09-15 18:50:19 UTC
So my question is not about the ship itself, but about the offer. Are PLEXed account eligible to this offer ?
C C P Alliance
#18 - 2016-09-15 18:52:15 UTC
Logan Jakal wrote:
So my question is not about the ship itself, but about the offer. Are PLEXed account eligible to this offer ?

Yup

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

DARKNESS.
#19 - 2016-09-15 18:56:00 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Logan Jakal wrote:
So my question is not about the ship itself, but about the offer. Are PLEXed account eligible to this offer ?

Yup


Thank you Fozzie. Could be worth it to clarify this part in the news so people are aware of it :p
New Eden Logistics and Trading Company.
#20 - 2016-09-15 19:04:09 UTC
Is this per active account or also per active character?
6 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump