Wormholes

 
 

C5 Solo Marauder

Author
#1 - 2016-10-05 07:49:03 UTC
I've looked and looked, can't find any updated information....is this still a thing?
#2 - 2016-10-05 07:57:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Piugattuk
Arcelian wrote:
I've looked and looked, can't find any updated information....is this still a thing?


Whoo weee son, you got deep pockets using a ship like that in a WH, well, I believe there is no perfect fit because life in a WH means you want to tank nicely but you also want to have PVP abilities, this is the problem, depending on what size/type your fitting requirements will be dictated by this, in a C-5 your gonna need tank so having friends around is a must because when PVP happens...you'll miss being fit for a real battle.
#3 - 2016-10-05 07:59:54 UTC
Piugattuk wrote:
Arcelian wrote:
I've looked and looked, can't find any updated information....is this still a thing?


Whoo weee son, you got deep pockets using a ship like that in a WH, well, I believe there is no perfect fit because life in a WH means you want to tank nicely but you also want to have PVP abilities, this is the problem, depending on what size/type your fitting requirements will be dictated by this.


Yeah I understand that, but, PvP aside, can it be done in a marauder? The only thing I can find is at least a year old.
#4 - 2016-10-05 19:53:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Noxisia Arkana
Not much has changed in a year. Just don't spawn the escalation drifter at the end of the site. I hear paladins are nice. Although, if you checked out zkillboard for hard knocks, lzr, or just in general for maurader losses I'm sure you'd find a lot of fits that were ganked (that were probably fine for doing the site).

First page has a couple of losses on zkill from the last 2 days. Looks like solo 'maurading,' if you will, is alive and well. Fits all look pretty similar... I'm assuming they work.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/56443017/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/56439645/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/56429570/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/56390174/

Edit: it's lazy not to scope out a couple of fits and at least ask for advice. It took me about 2 minutes to figure out where to find the information you wanted and another two to post fits.
#5 - 2016-10-06 01:38:20 UTC
Noxisia Arkana wrote:
Not much has changed in a year. Just don't spawn the escalation drifter at the end of the site. I hear paladins are nice. Although, if you checked out zkillboard for hard knocks, lzr, or just in general for maurader losses I'm sure you'd find a lot of fits that were ganked (that were probably fine for doing the site).

First page has a couple of losses on zkill from the last 2 days. Looks like solo 'maurading,' if you will, is alive and well. Fits all look pretty similar... I'm assuming they work.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/56443017/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/56439645/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/56429570/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/56390174/

Edit: it's lazy not to scope out a couple of fits and at least ask for advice. It took me about 2 minutes to figure out where to find the information you wanted and another two to post fits.


While I appreciate the information (even though I just ended up trying it out, and yes, it can be done), if it pains you to look something up on the behalf of others, then just don't post. It's better than your belittling attitude.

I honestly didn't think to check kb's, it had nothing to do with laziness.

But, thanks anyway.
#6 - 2016-10-06 02:03:55 UTC
Keith used to solo sites in his Vargur. Not sure if it still works, but one way to find out Big smile

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

#7 - 2016-10-06 13:33:06 UTC
Sorry my assumption that I could find the info in under 10 minutes was correct.

Although, even if I wanted to reinvent the wheel I could use Rykki's wormhole guide and Pyffa to figure out if it was still possible. Focusing on things like nuet amount and total dps in Rykki's and Pyffa for the fit.
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2016-10-06 19:49:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Malthuras
[Paladin, Paladin]
Capacitor Power Relay II
Heat Sink II
Corpum C-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Corpum C-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Dark Blood Heat Sink
Core X-Type Large Armor Repairer
Core X-Type Large Armor Repairer

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Tracking Computer II
Dark Blood Cap Recharger
Dark Blood Cap Recharger

Drone Link Augmentor II
Dark Blood Large EMP Smartbomb
Dark Blood Large EMP Smartbomb
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Bastion Module I

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II


Warrior II x15

Scorch L x22
Imperial Navy Multifrequency L x27
Tracking Speed Script x1
Sisters Core Scanner Probe x20

This fit can solo anything C5 as long as you don't spawn a wave quicker than it should be. It can handle the neuting pressure, dps, and has decent dps application with the tracking computer. Fit a MJD over tracking computer if you want to go a bit slower but be a bit safer. Note, I'm marauders V so there's that.
#9 - 2016-10-11 08:39:23 UTC
Is there a reason you are doing C5s instead of C4?s. With a couple of people C5s are better isk/h as well as greater value per system but I'm not sure if you would earn more solo due to lower DPS/more RR.

Also C4s are a bit safer as you don't always have to be in bastion and (if you are doing it right) pinging around the site with a MJD.

ChaosTheory.
#10 - 2017-01-03 03:59:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Imustbecomfused
Arcelian wrote:
I've looked and looked, can't find any updated information....is this still a thing?


not when two is twice as fast... hehe :P I love mine, got maxed out skills, they blaze thru sleepers fast...

Andrew Indy wrote:
Is there a reason you are doing C5s instead of C4?s. With a couple of people C5s are better isk/h as well as greater value per system but I'm not sure if you would earn more solo due to lower DPS/more RR.

Also C4s are a bit safer as you don't always have to be in bastion and (if you are doing it right) pinging around the site with a MJD.




interesting. I used to bounce around in c4 sites... using mwd and mjd and bastion ... about 15 min a site with two or better, i think fastest time was around 10 min.

for c5 i found it difficult to use the same tactic as the sleepers were always less than 75km away from the previous spawn... in c4 they more than likely were always around 100km away, perfect for a mjd and a web and use AC for high dps...

c5s Id set up for cap and tank and just bastion up and tank it... but granted I did not get the practice in the c5 that I did in the c4...

One thing that stands out is over 500 c5 whs exist... and same for c4 whs but c4s have twice the statics to it... so just food for thought. one wh to control is easier than two. regarding statics that is. but if you need easy logistics well the c4 is likely the best bet...

a c4 with a c2/c5 static would be **** for a group of vargur pilots.

tip: log off rollers and hics on alt accounts, dont use smartbombs, it gives you an aggression timer (if you are solo and need to warp off when a sig pops to drop a depot and swap fit a cloak for safe...) use faction drones for sleeper frigs, use of three megathron rollers with higs is nice... when you can (mass allowing) (usually for home control, not static farming - in such case would restrict megas according to how many in fleet for farming. if I was solo, two vargurs, a salvager, a scout, id bring in two megas, sure... makes it fast to roll out an incoming hole in there... so I dont necessarily have to give up the farming hole. sometimes you can combat an incoming wh fleet... with rollers if done with balls and no fucks given but intelligently, all three in and back at the same time can crit it in that time frame allowed. provided you can scan the incoming sig fast enough! scanner never logs off, only the back up scanner alt.) dont fit cap boosters for pve ships, i found it better to use a cap stable fit for c4 and c5 anoms and data/relics.

this was a fit I thought stood out, I had worked on it for some time.

[Vargur, Vargur fit copy]

Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer

Cap Recharger II
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Large Micro Jump Drive

[Empty High slot]
Corpus C-Type Heavy Energy Nosferatu
Corpus C-Type Heavy Energy Nosferatu
Bastion Module I
800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L
800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L
800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L
800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II


Federation Navy Hammerhead x3
Federation Navy Hobgoblin x2



for the c4 data and relics, I use the fit I use in c5 sites... :)



[Vargur, Vargur fit]

Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster

Corpus C-Type Heavy Energy Nosferatu
Corpus C-Type Heavy Energy Nosferatu
Corpus C-Type Heavy Energy Nosferatu
Bastion Module I
800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L
800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L
800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L
800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II


Federation Navy Hobgoblin x2
Federation Navy Hammerhead x3


The c4 fit was flown with a certain tactic, mjd on top of the sleeper dps... mwd to them two - three cycles before webbing and bastion. it can be a lil scary at times but with practice, its fast. IIRC the frontier barracks and sleeper sanctum were the two you easily run for c4. isk income was around 100 mill a site, about every ten min avg when running 6 sites at a time, which is nicely around 600 plus mill an hour after salvaging 6 at a time, also, using mobile tractor units in each site, then salvage them all at once starting with hte first site ran. I found I could stratch this to around 8 sites... before feeling it was too close I could loose wrecks by not salvaging them in time.

for the record, I would do this triple boxing on my laptop alt tabbing... one scout, two vargurs. when i had incoming sig, id logg the two vargurs and bring on the megas... and a hic... :) and warp the scout to the sig after scanning to investigate the threat level. hope you fair well in your adventures!
#11 - 2017-01-03 17:12:00 UTC
Easily done, yes.
Effeciently done, no.

For the same price of one solo marauder you can do dual rattlesnake and output almost twice the dps.
But i will admit i love how my golem nukes sleepers likes theres no tomorrow :D

A life is best lived, to not step into your grave in a well preserved body. Instead, to slide in side ways, all battered and bruised, screamming, "Holy SH**! What a ride!"

ChaosTheory.
#12 - 2017-01-06 08:20:38 UTC
Hipqo wrote:
Easily done, yes.
Effeciently done, no.

For the same price of one solo marauder you can do dual rattlesnake and output almost twice the dps.
But i will admit i love how my golem nukes sleepers likes theres no tomorrow :D



question would be how can they fair when running sites getting dropped, can they evade or do they sit there on the warp in button,

id have to vouch for running c4 sites with marauders... being pretty efficient for isk... easy 500 mil an hour plus if you can find the system with enough sites. (magnatar works especially well for vargurs close range. ). as for rattlesnakes. just mjd off the button and hope you dont get easily tackled. if you mjd around, its fast for minny guns cause they work best in optimal range, AND you never sit still... forcing the stupid camper guy to move to you, which in about 5 min... after one bastion cycle, you can clear the wave and trigger the next wave and mjd again. Rattler you dont have to move around for optimal range... but can mjd for safety.

idk what would be more efficient though i havent tested them for comparison.
#13 - 2017-01-06 22:13:22 UTC
It's doable, HOWEVER there are alternatives.

You can actually get an active Rattle to be able to run some (all even in pulsars) C5 sites.

Vargur's and Paladin's are both able to run sites, have not experimented with Golems but I'd imagine they can as well, however Torpedo/cruise missile application to sleepers is generally **** poor at best and I'd imagine that the Paladin blow's golems out of the water. In terms of sub-caps ships for C5's it would most likely go Paladin >/= Rattlesnake > Vargur > Golem.

However, I think that you'll find that the ISK/hr is not significantly different than running a max DPS Rattle in a C3, simply because of how much application and damage you will lose on any of those ships just to be able to tank the sites.
#14 - 2017-01-06 22:38:25 UTC
Imustbecomfused wrote:
Hipqo wrote:
Easily done, yes.
Effeciently done, no.

For the same price of one solo marauder you can do dual rattlesnake and output almost twice the dps.
But i will admit i love how my golem nukes sleepers likes theres no tomorrow :D



question would be how can they fair when running sites getting dropped, can they evade or do they sit there on the warp in button,

id have to vouch for running c4 sites with marauders... being pretty efficient for isk... easy 500 mil an hour plus if you can find the system with enough sites. (magnatar works especially well for vargurs close range. ). as for rattlesnakes. just mjd off the button and hope you dont get easily tackled. if you mjd around, its fast for minny guns cause they work best in optimal range, AND you never sit still... forcing the stupid camper guy to move to you, which in about 5 min... after one bastion cycle, you can clear the wave and trigger the next wave and mjd again. Rattler you dont have to move around for optimal range... but can mjd for safety.

idk what would be more efficient though i havent tested them for comparison.


Moving around is a waste of time. If someone wants to catch you, they will catch you, so you better be able to tank thousands of incoming dps, and handle neuts pretty well. Most people who do drops on marauders and rattlesnakes in wormhole space, tend to bring bricktanked dps, heavy neuts and Dictors/Hics.
Using golem or paladin, you can get the tank, cap and dps to an amazing place, while having the ability to hit anything within 50-100km.
You can achieve pretty much the same, with two spider fit rattlesnakes (remote cap and shield boost) at pretty much same cost of one marauder, but all you have to do is jam them out and they are defenceless.

I enjoy marauders for c4/c5 wormhole space, they are alot of fun :)

A life is best lived, to not step into your grave in a well preserved body. Instead, to slide in side ways, all battered and bruised, screamming, "Holy SH**! What a ride!"

Forum Jump