Assembly Hall

The state of drone use on Alpha accounts.

First post
Author
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-12-04 15:04:47 UTC
I do not understand the arbitrary limitations on drone use that is currently in place on Alpha accounts. I can respect that fighters and sentries should be limited to Omega accounts since their operation is usually tied to much heavier vessels that are unavailable to Alpha players, same logic applying to tier 2 drone variants but for reasons that tier 2 tech is unavailable to Alphas. However, all other drone types have module counterparts that are available to an Alpha user. The fact that one has to have all the prerequisites in order to even use those drone types makes them inherently more prohibitive than their module counterparts. Lets also not forget that at the current highest tier of combat drones the damage type that is usually most effective in combat is simply not available. This leaves me, a player who wants to enjoy the play style of drones with pretty much nothing to do. Worse yet since I am playing Gallente I feel forced into getting a sub because unlike other factions who have mainly their ship technology gated behind Omega status I have most of the flavor that makes my faction unique being locked behind a paywall.

So in conclusion I would like to petition that drone types of the utility (mining, salvage, e-warfare, logistics) variety and heavy scout drones are added to the Alpha experience. I leave the way these drones are made available up to you of course for balance reasons.

Flames of Exile
#2 - 2016-12-05 23:03:42 UTC
I'd like to point out that as a product of tiericide much of the utility of many t1 hulls rests in "utility drone bays" capable of fielding less than a full flight, which can't be well utilized by alphas due to the limitations on which drones they can use.
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2016-12-06 14:33:19 UTC
Thanks for your feedback :)

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12