Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
3 Pages123Next page
 

What happened to solo PVP?

Author
SPEC OP Privateers
#1 - 2016-12-13 05:33:28 UTC
What happened to Solo PVP?
is CCP that into gang warfare that the solo players are left in the dust to rot and go play another game while there naturally pissed off? i like to solo PVP but naturally get killed by a gang. CCP please come up with a place where Solo PVP is possible and fun or something. i cant actually have fun with this game since solo PVP is dead and nothing you do PVE will help. i need some fun PVP action that doesn't force mandatory CTA's on players who cant do them to begin with.
The Bloc
#2 - 2016-12-13 06:42:45 UTC
Solo PVP died when links became on grid.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

SPEC OP Privateers
#3 - 2016-12-13 06:47:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarah TheShadow
Yang Aurilen wrote:
Solo PVP died when links became on grid.

It was never truly solo pvp then. Solo Pvp needs a place wear it's 100% solo. No fleets no links no nothing just your skill as a character abs player.
#4 - 2016-12-13 08:29:24 UTC
Well its not totally dead, there are a lots of people that Solo. You just have to be very good, pick your targets and have a lot of GTFO ability.

That being said, its not CPP that makes Solo hard, its the players. Other than having some solo only arenas there is no way to make solo better without just buffing gangs at the same time. Players in fleets get a nerf = people don't fleet up and kill you any way.
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2016-12-13 18:32:24 UTC
Plenty of solo PVP in Amarr vs. Minmatar FW
SPEC OP Privateers
#6 - 2016-12-13 18:33:38 UTC
Andrew Indy wrote:
Well its not totally dead, there are a lots of people that Solo. You just have to be very good, pick your targets and have a lot of GTFO ability.

That being said, its not CPP that makes Solo hard, its the players. Other than having some solo only arenas there is no way to make solo better without just buffing gangs at the same time. Players in fleets get a nerf = people don't fleet up and kill you any way.

Realistically I'm just wanting arenas where solo is the only thing is possible
#7 - 2016-12-13 18:34:49 UTC
Sarah TheShadow wrote:
Andrew Indy wrote:
Well its not totally dead, there are a lots of people that Solo. You just have to be very good, pick your targets and have a lot of GTFO ability.

That being said, its not CPP that makes Solo hard, its the players. Other than having some solo only arenas there is no way to make solo better without just buffing gangs at the same time. Players in fleets get a nerf = people don't fleet up and kill you any way.

Realistically I'm just wanting arenas where solo is the only thing is possible


Realistically you're playing the wrong game, then. This isn't, and never has been, Honorable Internet Spaceship Duels Online.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Ninja Unicorns with Huge Horns
#8 - 2016-12-13 19:36:57 UTC
Couple things here,

solo pvp exists wherever there is FW, there is countless fights between opposite sides of the militia at random plex gates etc etc, just go there? It isnt fully sanctioned 1v1, but alot of the time it really is just 1v1, and isn't that the beauty of eve? where you dont know what can happen next?

Also as stated above, you are right, everyone is in a gang, or usually fleeted in someway where help is next door, its a sandbox, so plan for that instead? I fly solo all the time but am I really solo? no, I have my own alt somewhere cloaked that can help me, is that all I have yes, but you dont know that. And many gangs are just standard ships, so to compensate for that, you fly something better, with better mods etc etc, you get what you pay for so deal with it m8, solo pvp exists, just have to find it, stated earlier pick your fights and have a way to gtfo.

Spaceship Bebop
#9 - 2016-12-13 19:44:00 UTC
JUSTK honors 1 v 1s. Come over to our neck of the woods (black rise/placid) and if a member agrees to a 1 v 1 you will get it. Eha would be a good system to start.
#10 - 2016-12-13 20:22:57 UTC
When I want to 1v1 I don't usually have much problem finding it. Just fit a frigate and hunt through faction warfare space for a suitable target. Takes a lot of familiarity with d-scan and your ship's engagement profile but it's still a thing.
SPEC OP Privateers
#11 - 2016-12-13 20:52:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarah TheShadow
ScheenK wrote:
Couple things here,

solo pvp exists wherever there is FW, there is countless fights between opposite sides of the militia at random plex gates etc etc, just go there? It isnt fully sanctioned 1v1, but alot of the time it really is just 1v1, and isn't that the beauty of eve? where you dont know what can happen next?

Also as stated above, you are right, everyone is in a gang, or usually fleeted in someway where help is next door, its a sandbox, so plan for that instead? I fly solo all the time but am I really solo? no, I have my own alt somewhere cloaked that can help me, is that all I have yes, but you dont know that. And many gangs are just standard ships, so to compensate for that, you fly something better, with better mods etc etc, you get what you pay for so deal with it m8, solo pvp exists, just have to find it, stated earlier pick your fights and have a way to gtfo.


I go to FW constantly. I generally find a gang or bait. I rarely fond solo players.
Thermodynamics
#12 - 2016-12-13 21:09:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucy Callagan
Yes, Solo is tougher nowadays
No, stumbling into fightable gang every 6-7 jumps is not a thing anymore
Yes, people are more and more lazy, risk averse and will get their content by camping you.
Yes, now when small alliances try to generate a fight in region B to get content everyone and their mom rush B, and it ends up with PL dropping Titans in 10% TiDi
Yes, Link rebalance might help cure the lowsec cancer even if every former link toon now has maxed out falcon.
No, Svipuls are not balanced
Yes, there is a thing that can scram you @ 40 klicks
Yes, Cynaballs are utter s h i t (worst thing tbh).

No, i'm totally not a bittervet.
Thermodynamics
#13 - 2016-12-13 21:10:36 UTC
.
#14 - 2016-12-14 04:40:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Daemun Khanid
A large percentage of being good at solo pvp is being able to find solo fights. You need to be good w dscan, smart enough to check neighboring systems, know what you can engage and what you can't. If you're having difficulty in any of those area's then those are parts of your skill set you might need to work on improving.

This isn't an insult so don't take offense, it's fact. Eve is a sandbox the whole neighborhood gets to play in, not a boxing ring.

Daemun of Khanid

#15 - 2016-12-14 04:43:36 UTC
Sarah TheShadow wrote:
Andrew Indy wrote:
Well its not totally dead, there are a lots of people that Solo. You just have to be very good, pick your targets and have a lot of GTFO ability.

That being said, its not CPP that makes Solo hard, its the players. Other than having some solo only arenas there is no way to make solo better without just buffing gangs at the same time. Players in fleets get a nerf = people don't fleet up and kill you any way.

Realistically I'm just wanting arenas where solo is the only thing is possible


Arena's are not eve. They go against the entire foundation of what eve's about. Even FW space mechanics are questionable and anything more than that would be "immersion breaking". If that's what you want it's time to look elsewhere.

Daemun of Khanid

SPEC OP Privateers
#16 - 2016-12-15 17:34:31 UTC
Daemun Khanid wrote:
A large percentage of being good at solo pvp is being able to find solo fights. You need to be good w dscan, smart enough to check neighboring systems, know what you can engage and what you can't. If you're having difficulty in any of those area's then those are parts of your skill set you might need to work on improving.

This isn't an insult so don't take offense, it's fact. Eve is a sandbox the whole neighborhood gets to play in, not a boxing ring.

im not taking that as an insult trust me i know D-scan is 90% of PVP cause you gotta find your target you wanna fight and then hope he ins't a gang member bating while also knowing the in's and out's of your ships abilities to win the fight and know what type of ship your fighting.
its just every time i do and i find that 1 guy to fight he tackles me we start fighting and 3 more + frigs land on me and i just give up at that point. its annoying.
#17 - 2016-12-16 14:33:06 UTC
Andrew Indy wrote:

That being said, its not CPP that makes Solo hard, its the players.


It is CCP that implemented a pay wall behind war decs. It is stupid that a solo player/corp have to pay the same war dec fee as a 200 player corp. Creating PvP content in HS/LS as a solo player can be easy and accessable with the war decs... but it is just a money drain if you do that as a solo player. Spend 200 mil on war decs and if you are lucky you catch a few corp members without a fleet and get 50mil ISK back.

The way the war dec fee system is setup is not for solo players. Everything is catered for fleets/gangs in EvE.
Bargain Benny
#18 - 2016-12-16 14:46:51 UTC
I'd thought it would've been obvious to anyone looking into playing Eve that playing in a sandbox MMO (with a forced corp mechanic) as a solo player would be choosing to "play on hard mode".
#19 - 2016-12-16 15:08:38 UTC
Bargain Benny wrote:
I'd thought it would've been obvious to anyone looking into playing Eve that playing in a sandbox MMO (with a forced corp mechanic) as a solo player would be choosing to "play on hard mode".


Thats basically a design decision from CCP in 2003... it would be wise if they make the decision to make solo pvp also more accessable in EvE. I can gaurantee you that 70% of the new EvE players are not playing every day for 3 hours (except for maybe the first months) and are not looking for being in an active corp that needs to you to plan times and dates to do some PvP. Most people nowadays just want to login a game and have content to play with and logout again whenever they want to. The 'forced corp mechanic' is a hurdle for most solo players to get into PvP content... and therefor end up as care bears doing only PvE till they are bored enough to quit completely.
Atlas. Alliance
#20 - 2016-12-16 15:30:14 UTC
Solo PvP is alive and well, it lives within you as a player. Go out there solo, roam in a PvP ship, it's that simple. Learn to survive. If you are looking for easy solo kills... Well good luck. If you are looking for 1v1, they rare to find, at least in null-sec.

The things about easy kills, is everyone wants to survive, and everyone learns how to survive pretty quickly. Whenever I have an easy 1v1 kill, I make it a point to start a conversation to the player who's ship I destroyed. Most of the time they are new to PvP and appreciate the insight and to learn what could have gone better.

But I make a distinction in between solo PvP and 1v1.
Solo PvP: Act of engaging in a battle while being the only player on your team. 90% of my fights in null-sec are 1vs many. And the other 10%, are 1v1 battle when I am in a weaker ship, vs a perceived stronger ship.
1v1: A battle where to solo players engage each other.

On an average evening of roaming in null-sec (3 hours), I might get 4 to 12 encounters. Some of them are me jumping in a gate camp and escaping. Some of them result in no kills (i.e. someone escapes the battle without dying). Some of them result in 1-2 ships being destroyed, either mine or another player.

Every time I encounter a gang while solo'ing, I assess the situation. Can I survive the encounter? Is there a weak ship I can kill? Can I separate the weaker ship, isolate him so I can kill him without is gang members interference.

Strategies like on-grid separation, separation using bubbles, separation using jump mechanics, separation by warping to celestial. The bigger the gang, the better the chance that someone will be agressive and make a mistake. Usually in the form of a fast weak tackle ship.

The fun part about roaming solo, is whatever the situation, jumping into a gate camp, or meeting another character that seems to be alone, it gives me the adrenaline rush that keeps me addicted to Eve online.

For all the people asking about solo PvP, go out there, try it, learn to survive 1vs many. After that you'll never wonder whether solo PvP exist. It only exist within you as a player to make it happen. No one can solo PvP for you.

As to equating solo PvP to 1v1... Good luck. I find it quite boring to eliminate 90% of PvP encounters because I'm not in an advantageous position. In null-sec, if I waited for 1v1 before taking a fight, I would end up having 1 fight every couple days, and quite often I'm sure, that fight would be bait/falcon alt/cloaky logistic/cyno.

And best of all, when you solo PvP, you don't have to wait for an FC to log on, or wait for your fleet mate to be ready. You just jump into a ship, undocked, and start roaming. Very easy to do on any schedule.

Check out some ressources online. Lots of people have made great educational videos.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=365320
Check this forum post. Suitonia has made many videos about solo'ing and gives great tips. And videos 1,2,3 in that post talk about the all important concept of separation while engaging 1vs many.

As to surviving gate camps. At first, I recommend that any time you jump into a bubble gate camp in null-sec. Burn back to gate with MWD on. Most of the time you'll survive.

Solo PvP is alive and well within me. Now make it happen within you.

Taor Malek
3 Pages123Next page
Forum Jump