Skill Discussions

Starter PVP Setup

Author
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2016-12-16 04:42:46 UTC
Hi all, im looking to setup skill attributes for a frig combat pilot and wanted to know if a nice attribute layout for this. I am not looking for anything min-maxed just something to get me going. I will be dying a lot so implants are out of the question.
#2 - 2016-12-16 10:09:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Gregorius Goldstein
What I did: Train the few skills with CHA, WIL, MEM as a primary attribute I wanted to III and then did an even PER/INT remap. Only trained Infomorph Psychology, Infomorph Synchronizing, Fast Talk, Social, Connections, Contracting, Trade and then remapped to PER/INT.

Now all skills in Armor, Electronic Systems, Engineering, Gunnery, Missiles, Navigation, Rigging, Scanning, Shields, T1 Spaceship Command and Targeting are at the same learning speed. Drones are a bit slower, but not much and wouldn’t have been faster with the initial mapping. That is a very flexible remap and I can train all combat related skills just like I need them. Only downside is that you look yourself out of the Leadership skills and T2 ships are a slow train. I plan to stay with that remap until I got the basics covert and then remap for the T2 I want to fly.
Evictus.
#3 - 2016-12-17 10:05:49 UTC
Implants should not be out of the question. If your corp/alliance owns a Citadel you can jump back and forth between a learning clone and combat clone as often as you want - probably at no cost.

The corp/alliance you fly with will also have recommended skill plans for their doctrine ships and probably give you the skill books free.

If you're thinking solo - this is a good place to start: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Solo_PvP
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-12-21 00:19:07 UTC
Gregorius Goldstein wrote:
What I did: Train the few skills with CHA, WIL, MEM as a primary attribute I wanted to III and then did an even PER/INT remap. Only trained Infomorph Psychology, Infomorph Synchronizing, Fast Talk, Social, Connections, Contracting, Trade and then remapped to PER/INT.

Now all skills in Armor, Electronic Systems, Engineering, Gunnery, Missiles, Navigation, Rigging, Scanning, Shields, T1 Spaceship Command and Targeting are at the same learning speed. Drones are a bit slower, but not much and wouldn’t have been faster with the initial mapping. That is a very flexible remap and I can train all combat related skills just like I need them. Only downside is that you look yourself out of the Leadership skills and T2 ships are a slow train. I plan to stay with that remap until I got the basics covert and then remap for the T2 I want to fly.

If you're going to train Social/Connections and Trade and the rest of those, might as well add a few more social/trade skills: Diplomacy and (fill in mission type you like) Connections are good to have up to L3 or L4 on the social side if you're going to mining/distribution/security mission at all....... and Accounting and Broker Relations are good to have up to L3 or L4 on the trade side (for reducing taxes and fees at NPC stations) if you're going to... use the market at all. ;)