Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 Pages12Next page

The Jita 4-4 Fast 'N Nasty Food Expedition

Author
Mordus Angels
#1 - 2016-12-23 03:49:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Jake Khamez
The large markets of Jita; perhaps one of the greatest concentrations of mercantilism known to humanity. Anything could be found within the halls of Jita 4-4, from the dime a dozen to the outright bizarre. And here in lies my greatest treasure trove: The Sprawl. The most wonderful aspect of culture taken from all corners of New Eden and collected into glorious cubic kilometers of space: Food.

But have you had the bounty that Jita 4-4 has to offer? Have you dined at each and every location at least once? Visited every level? Tasted every last dish? Is it even possible? Well let us at least cross a few of these off our bucket lists. I propose a gathering within the Sprawl where we select dishes of varying origins, flavors and crafting methods then gather to assess and partake.

I can even sweeten the event into a simple competition where we judge the dishes and award the bravest of our partakers and the most creative of our explorers. So what say you?

-Jacob Khamez
#2 - 2016-12-23 04:44:29 UTC
The Sprawl? I usually stop by there for the Deteis seafood skewers, Brutor flatbread and the Intaki curry buns. I avoid the Gallente parts of the Sprawl, and all the coffee kiosks.

They only serve synthetic coffee in these kiosks.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Arataka Research Consortium
#3 - 2016-12-23 09:40:41 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
The Sprawl? I usually stop by there for the Deteis seafood skewers, Brutor flatbread and the Intaki curry buns. I avoid the Gallente parts of the Sprawl, and all the coffee kiosks.

They only serve synthetic coffee in these kiosks.

I'd steer clear of the Long-Limb Roes. What they lack in flavor they make up for in cost. Just a personal preference, really.

"As long as space endures,

as long as sentient beings exist,

until then, may I too remain

and dispel the miseries of the world."

~ Vremaja Idama

Mordus Angels
#4 - 2016-12-23 16:38:35 UTC
Well it seems we have a few others who have their preferences in the Sprawl. How about expanding our palettes?
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#5 - 2016-12-23 16:52:56 UTC
There's a little eatery in Section 22, Block 3 that serves all sorts of remarkably greasy, horrible-for-your-health, but incredibly good fried foods. It's Minmatar owned, but they cook dishes drawn from all over the Cluster.

"At the end of it all, we have only what we've left in our wake to be remembered by." -Kyoko Ishikari, YC 95 - YC 117

#6 - 2016-12-23 16:55:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Tamiroth
There are some wonderful tea houses on the upper levels. I recommend Okiku's autumn garden. The selection of Saisio teas there is good - I bet most of them are probably authentic, and the holo environment is also pretty - distant mountains, falling leaves, moons and all.
#7 - 2016-12-24 13:57:30 UTC
I haven't been anywhere near the Sprawl. Whenever I go to Jita, I'm usually in and out because anti-ganking waits for no-one. When I go there to oversee my corp's Citadel construction, though, I'll happily join the rest of you in a gastronomic expedition.

Next time you're in Dodixie 9-20, though, stop by Jerome's in the Dome Quarter if you want some of the best coffee and sandwiches in Federation space.

"CONCORD are the space cops. If you attack someone in a high-security solar system, CONCORD will commit police brutality." - Encyclopedia Dramatica

If EVE is a PvP game, then Anti-Ganking is emergent gameplay.

#8 - 2016-12-24 14:33:08 UTC
I've never been to Jita, but if they have custard doblets better than the ones under the pet broker at the green end of the Hall of Dead Emperors in the Emperor Family Station in Amarr, I swear I'll go just for that.

Crispy skin, soft wobbly pudding inside, little jelly fruit in the middle sometimes? Mmm. I'm sure they must be somewhere in Jita, really, what isn't. But find them and have them!
Mordus Angels
#9 - 2016-12-24 16:57:28 UTC
Well this is enough to motivate me. How about next week after the holidays?

((Lasa was kind enough to loan me her venue for the event. How about on the 26th at 1800 EVE time for the event?))
#10 - 2016-12-25 05:30:35 UTC
Jake Khamez wrote:

((Lasa was kind enough to loan me her venue for the event. How about on the 26th at 1800 EVE time for the event?))

((This is 2am for me so I can't join))

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Mordus Angels
#11 - 2016-12-25 13:41:09 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Jake Khamez wrote:

((This is 2am for me so I can't join))

((Well I may need to push it back past the new years anyways. My schedule is proving tough to work around.))
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#12 - 2016-12-26 13:59:40 UTC
There was this little fusion restaurant a while back called "From Akat to Aridia" which did a weird mix of Intaki and Ni-Kunni cuisine. Gastronomical purists would call it blasphemy, but the chicken-and-lamb dish they did with that odd Ni-Kunni flatbread - ohhhhhh, if that's blashepmy, then consider my soul thoroughly damned.

Unfortunately they shut down, so I'll never experience such delights again.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

#13 - 2016-12-26 15:31:45 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
There was this little fusion restaurant a while back called "From Akat to Aridia" which did a weird mix of Intaki and Ni-Kunni cuisine. Gastronomical purists would call it blasphemy, but the chicken-and-lamb dish they did with that odd Ni-Kunni flatbread - ohhhhhh, if that's blashepmy, then consider my soul thoroughly damned.

Unfortunately they shut down, so I'll never experience such delights again.

Probably because the blasphemy is too great.

#14 - 2016-12-26 16:05:09 UTC
Tamiroth wrote:
There are some wonderful tea houses on the upper levels. I recommend Okiku's autumn garden. The selection of Saisio teas there is good - I bet most of them are probably authentic, and the holo environment is also pretty - distant mountains, falling leaves, moons and all.

I use Okiku's myself, for traditionalist clients, or for those who express a desire to experience the upper-tier of Caldari culture.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Pandemic Legion
#15 - 2016-12-26 23:03:40 UTC
Tower sixteen on the administration annex platform has a great place to get street tacos in the main sublevel. Just opposite the concourse from that ugly statue. Last flight of Shingeru or whatever it is called.

Anyway do not order any special crap off the menu. Just the tacos.

Goddess of the IGS

As strength goes.

#16 - 2016-12-26 23:05:27 UTC
Pandemic Legion
#17 - 2016-12-26 23:11:19 UTC
Oh, and if you see a Deteis kid with a limp working the concourse down there, let me know. He is like 160cm or so and cannot mass more than sixty kilos.

Goddess of the IGS

As strength goes.

#18 - 2016-12-27 11:18:39 UTC
Don't know about the upper-level foodstuff. I usually just pass by and pick up some street food on the way back to quarters.

#19 - 2016-12-27 13:13:32 UTC
Honestly, if I'm ever at Jita 4-4 it's usually just as a flying visit. So any of the stalls that sell 'street' food or takeout are all that I've had the pleasure to sample.

One thing I can say - do not think "sure I'll try whatever that is on a stick, I'm so hungry and tired right now I could eat anything". It was a tucked away little Gallentean place near one of the bars. To this day I still have no idea what it was on that stick, and I'm not entirely sure that the vendor knew either.

And I have yet to find anywhere in Jita that does pancakes as well as the EFA station in Amarr. Any suggestions would be hungrily received.
#20 - 2016-12-27 15:07:37 UTC
There is a reason why I avoid the Gallente-occupied corners.

2 Pages12Next page