Wormholes

Wh Closed but why?

First post
Author
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2016-12-28 18:21:10 UTC
I was in a C3 Wh.

Located the Low Sec Static and warped to the location which the information on the wh (by right clicking) stated "This wormhole is beginning to decay, and probably won't last another day" and also stated "This wormhole has not yet had its stability significantly disrupted by ships passing through it." 

And yet the Wh closed ... anyone know why?
Imperium Divine.
#2 - 2016-12-28 20:06:03 UTC
Because bob wills it!
#3 - 2016-12-29 02:05:36 UTC
Removed an offensive post.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Deepwater Hooligans
#4 - 2016-12-29 04:29:29 UTC
How long were you away from the wormhole for? Someone may have rolled it.
#5 - 2016-12-29 20:40:01 UTC
well thing is to roll c3 static it requires some manpower thus means wormhole cant rapidly disappear either you was away from wormhole for long eoungh to let someone roll the wormhole or it closed by bug as you can always report bug but add sig-id of wormhole so they can look what caused the wormhole to disappear had this happen to me few times its very annoying when a c5 or c6 spawns and i want to explore it and hole is already critical .
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2016-12-30 03:15:21 UTC
Amak Boma wrote:
well thing is to roll c3 static it requires some manpower thus means wormhole cant rapidly disappear either you was away from wormhole for long eoungh to let someone roll the wormhole or it closed by bug as you can always report bug but add sig-id of wormhole so they can look what caused the wormhole to disappear had this happen to me few times its very annoying when a c5 or c6 spawns and i want to explore it and hole is already critical .

Yea, that's why I posted this because I felt it was completely random how it closed behind me. I was only sitting about 10km away listening if players were jumping in or out. When I heard the noise I thought for a minute someone was jumping in but the wh collapsed :(

Thanks for the info, if it happens again i'll make sure to file a bug report.
#7 - 2017-01-05 01:49:49 UTC
If this was a bug, I don't think it's a common one. I've never read about randomly closing wormholes before. If it happened to me, I'd probably chock it up to misreading the wormhole information.It wouldn't be the first time I misread the stats.