Skill Discussions

41 sp indy alt, returning /modifications

Author
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-12-30 09:06:21 UTC
Happy holidays =)

So i got this indy alt so to speak and not sure what to do with him since the release of injector system.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/SM017

Current resume of this guy is hulk,orca,rorq, caldari JF, mining fleet boost all to 5 i think, PI, refining ores to 4, some research and manufacturing, 129 trade orders, good drone skills for PVE, lev 4 capable in gallente(lev 3 fed intel agent atm), armor and shiled tank, targeting skills, gunnery to t1 level 4., running 4 agents with creadron(1 and 2s).

Since the changes to fleet boost ( aka no longer passive 10% on the main stat like armor or yeild) I was thinking of re modelling the skill tree but not sure what what be best way to go arround this. I am skeptical that i will be flying JF, orca or any other ship of the value. However i am interested in more of research and indy in high sec. Myave something to do with scanning but i am realyl moot at this point in the direction.

IF i am to sell this toon and start over what would be a good price for this, i checked raw injction value of about 32 bill , plus books.

Need input, lets hear it
Badfellas Inc.
#2 - 2016-12-30 11:13:52 UTC
Rorqual mining, maximum profits.
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-12-30 11:34:48 UTC
Saveritas wrote:
Rorqual mining, maximum profits.

as i mentioned i not sure i wanted to fly those expensive ships so indy research in high sec atm.
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-12-31 12:19:48 UTC
looking for input
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-12-31 15:48:48 UTC
What i am considering so far is using 11 k aur and removing about 15 mill SP,

extraction plan:

fleet support - 2048k

navigation - 226k,90k,400k,362k,

planet management - 768k,

resource process - 5034k

space ship command - ASC1280k,CI- 1024k,CIS-543k,caps-633k,EXHu-1280k,JD-633k,MB-1024k,

so i keep about 25 mill for level4s, researc and productiion, trade and agent RP skills,
#6 - 2017-01-01 18:08:21 UTC
Eve is a Vast, multifaceted game. It's nice to have two characters that train exactly opposite of each other.
My indy toon, I kept secret from most corp members for years. It's nice to log in and not be known sometimes.

Train him to make things, haul things, market things. Scanning is useful if you have a main that you do exploration with.
You could try invention.
You could make him a Jita trader
You could make him a cyno alt

All things that a PvP pilot would not want to waste skill time on.

Don't be in a rush to sell SP. There is no hurry. Try some things first, and decide what you like.
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2017-01-02 21:58:01 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:
Eve is a Vast, multifaceted game. It's nice to have two characters that train exactly opposite of each other.
My indy toon, I kept secret from most corp members for years. It's nice to log in and not be known sometimes.

Train him to make things, haul things, market things. Scanning is useful if you have a main that you do exploration with.
You could try invention.
You could make him a Jita trader
You could make him a cyno alt

All things that a PvP pilot would not want to waste skill time on.

Don't be in a rush to sell SP. There is no hurry. Try some things first, and decide what you like.

I have set up a t2 research production plan and will finish in about 20 days, but the profits per days is like negligible in camparison to null PVP, still thinking
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2017-01-04 02:10:40 UTC
Testing income of some t2 invention and production, seems very slow, might as well switch to dual pilot injector farming ugh... this is stupid... so much for trying out indy lol
#9 - 2017-01-04 14:07:38 UTC
SM017 wrote:

I have set up a t2 research production plan and will finish in about 20 days, but the profits per days is like negligible in camparison to null PVP, still thinking

I mean if done properly t2 production can make you some srs isk/h with basically no time investment. It's hard to compare it to something you do actively over x hours.
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2017-01-04 21:24:49 UTC
Doctor Expensive wrote:
SM017 wrote:

I mean if done properly t2 production can make you some srs isk/h with basically no time investment. It's hard to compare it to something you do actively over x hours.

give me isk examples of 9 research slots/ 9 prod slots, and how much you can get out of it doing t2 stuff?
#11 - 2017-01-04 21:46:47 UTC
Even with very little knowledge/research you can find T2 stuff that makes you about 1mil+/h per slot if you buy your materials directly from sell order. So with 9 slots all running without downtime for 30 days, thats approximately 6.5bil/month, with basically no time investment.
If you invest a little more time to find the best stuff to build, buy your stuff from buy order, know your markets and have access to a good POS, you can easily double or triple that.
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2017-01-04 23:37:58 UTC
Doctor Expensive wrote:
Even with very little knowledge/research you can find T2 stuff that makes you about 1mil+/h per slot if you buy your materials directly from sell order. So with 9 slots all running without downtime for 30 days, thats approximately 6.5bil/month, with basically no time investment.
If you invest a little more time to find the best stuff to build, buy your stuff from buy order, know your markets and have access to a good POS, you can easily double or triple that.

ye i am not even close to those numbers, what category of invention are you referring to?
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2017-01-13 12:21:21 UTC
SM017 wrote:
ye i am not even close to those numbers, what category of invention are you referring to?

You will not get a specific answer. Because the market can be so easily saturated or affected, people who find profit opportunities do not share them.

However, he is right, there are opportunities for a manufacturer, even some reasonably mundane items that are easily overlooked or dismissed. One of the key skills of a manufacturer is to find the opportunities, far more than his ability to build the items.

The above message presents my opinions on the topic at hand. If there is a conflict between my views and reality, consider reality to be correct until proven otherwise.