Ships & Modules

> 100 points scan strength?

Author
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-01-06 10:47:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Britcoin Dan
Does any Alpha clone have over 100 scan points strength?
With something like 2 x scan rigs, 1 sisters launcher + sisters probes, one rangefind add (you can't add pinpoint on alpha) and full (alpha) skill training there are about 98-99 points. Did I forget something? Anyone got higher? Are those enough for a limited sleeper cache or standard? I guess for superior it's surely too little.
#2 - 2017-01-06 12:42:40 UTC
You could try using RSS core scanner probes. They have a base 45 scan strength compared to 44 on the Sisters probes, but expire after 1/4 of the time. There's also the little matter of price, currently 23 million ISK per probe :D
Hedonistic Imperative
#3 - 2017-01-06 13:13:59 UTC
Poteque 'Prospector' Astrometric Rangefinding implant.

Try one of these. The 2% one is under 1 mil and should be enough. The 6% one is like 20 mils.
#4 - 2017-01-06 13:39:20 UTC
It would be great if CCP prevented the use of faction modules on alpha clones and limit the use of attribute and hardwire implants to the lower half (+3 being the max implant based buff and alpha can receive). Then, those trial alpha clone players (once they decide they like the game) could begin purchasing subscriptions, get a fully functional omega clone and enjoy the full one beauty of the game.

That way the introductory alpha clones would be a great tool to get new blood into the game without financially wrecking CCPs ability to continue providing the game to the masses.

Superior Sleeper sites are not an alpha clone site. If you want to run superiors, buy a subscription, train up the relevant skills (scanning and the ship and support skills to survive the site) and enjoy. It's a high end site. FREE introductory trial clones have no business being there.
#5 - 2017-01-06 17:13:07 UTC
Well if I simulated corectly my alpha pilot on Heron I got 103 scan strenght. Possible limited sleeper cache i don't remeber what scan strenght it require.

sisters set + 2x gravity rigs + 5x ragefinding array + 10% implant.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

If you need a scout mail me.

Hedonistic Imperative
#6 - 2017-01-06 17:18:03 UTC
I think with 104 or 105 you can scan every single sleeper cache (with good scanning techniques, custom probe formations etc).