Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Who wants to bash a Raitaru?

Author
#1 - 2017-01-08 23:35:40 UTC
I find myself in a predicament. I was hired by an anonymous source to harass the mining operations of the corporation Galdium Dei (GD). I have managed to keep them largely docked up via 23/7 cloak camping their primary systems. While I haven't managed to kill any ships in this war (in spite of a successfully can-flipped Hulk during my recon work), they cannot mine while docked, so I'd consider their mining operations at least somewhat disrupted.

Op success!

Shortly before my wardec with GD went live, I received a notification that Public-Enemy had wardecced me, most likely after being paid by GD to do so. Oh wonderful! Now they're wasting ISK on mercs, which puts an even bigger dent in their bottom line.

Further op success!

One thing that I noticed during my recon work is that they had an Astrahus and a Raitaru anchored in Hahda (6 jumps from Amarr) and that during these structure's vulnerability windows there were no GD pilots in system. Being ever the industrious sort, and wanting to make sure that my employer got the most bang for their ISK, I took it upon myself to shoot my way through the shield and armor timers of their Raitaru in Hahda. They went surprisingly quickly given the limited forces that I can bring to bear.

It should be noted that Public-Enemy did not show up for the armor timer to defend their employer. (Their wardec wasn't live yet for the shield timer, so I got a freebie on that one.)

This brings me to my predicament. Due to a conflict beyond my control, I will be unable to engage the Raitaru when the structure timer comes up later this week. However, since there is only one timer left, anyone who wardecs GD 24 hours before the timer expires will get a chance to kill the Raitaru with virtually no chance for GD to hire mercs to counter-dec you. I've already done the annoying part.

I saw an opportunity here to force GD's hand. I attempted to negotiate a fair surrender offer with their CEO backed by the threat that if they didn't accept, I would broadcast the timer to EvE at large. They refused my offer. Being a man of my word, I am here to keep good on my end of the bargain.

I make this offer to the denizens of C&P: I will personally reimburse the wardec fees of any corporation that wardecs Galdium Dei and has a pilot on the top ten damage on the killmail of their Raitaru in Hahda. The structure is named Incudem Dei and its reinforcement timer ends 5 days and 30 minutes from the time of this post. (Approximately 0000 on Friday EvE time.)

There is no profit in this for me, and I have no particular issue with Galdium Dei, I just hate to see a job left incomplete.

Good hunting.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Caldari State
#2 - 2017-01-09 00:23:26 UTC
Hey Brony, How about we pass the hat around, then pay to have your ass wardeced by a few major merc alliances for a month.

We will post our findings next month as lessons learnt.


cheers

Vipsan

your friendly merc tester.SmileSmileSmile
#3 - 2017-01-09 00:58:13 UTC
Vipsan Agrippa wrote:
Hey Brony, How about we pass the hat around, then pay to have your ass wardeced by a few major merc alliances for a month.

We will post our findings next month as lessons learnt.


cheers

Vipsan

your friendly merc tester.SmileSmileSmile


Bitter Galdium Dei FW alt detected.

Your tears...they are delicious. Please keep them flowing....

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Legio De Mortem
#4 - 2017-01-09 01:18:10 UTC
Vipsan Agrippa wrote:
Hey Brony, How about we pass the hat around, then pay to have your ass wardeced by a few major merc alliances for a month.

We will post our findings next month as lessons learnt.


cheers

Vipsan

your friendly merc tester.SmileSmileSmile

Thing is for anybody who knows how to avoid them Wardecs are kinda meh. My operations have never been affected by a war since the time I spent in Marmite (as a fairly new player mind you). Once you learn the tricks you are fine

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Max Trix favourite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Caldari State
#5 - 2017-01-09 01:20:51 UTC
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Vipsan Agrippa wrote:
Hey Brony, How about we pass the hat around, then pay to have your ass wardeced by a few major merc alliances for a month.

We will post our findings next month as lessons learnt.


cheers

Vipsan

your friendly merc tester.SmileSmileSmile

Thing is for anybody who knows how to avoid them Wardecs are kinda meh. My operations have never been affected by a war since the time I spent in Marmite (as a fairly new player mind you). Once you learn the tricks you are fine



You should have been consulted by Archies when Vendetta were knocking at the door. Smile
Caldari State
#6 - 2017-01-09 01:48:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Vipsan Agrippa
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Vipsan Agrippa wrote:
Hey Brony, How about we pass the hat around, then pay to have your ass wardeced by a few major merc alliances for a month.

We will post our findings next month as lessons learnt.


cheers

Vipsan

your friendly merc tester.SmileSmileSmile


Bitter Galdium Dei FW alt detected.

Your tears...they are delicious. Please keep them flowing....




AAAAAAAh Bronwyn you got me, yes I'm a something something alt. Yes yes I am crying rivers of tears. Your powers of perception are highly tuned, no match for me. Smile




Narrh, saw you in some secret film dancing with Codies. You tried to disguise yourself with a mo, but its you alright. Footage says: "Bronson dancing with Codies". Cool
#7 - 2017-01-09 02:02:05 UTC
Vipsan Agrippa wrote:
Narrh, saw you in some secret film dancing with Codies. You tried to disguise yourself with a mo, but its you alright. Footage says: "Bronson dancing with Codies". Cool

I found that highly entertaining.

Unfortunately, that's not me. I am a far worse dancer than anyone in that video.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Advent of Fate
#8 - 2017-01-09 02:53:48 UTC
Can someone school me on drop- rules for destroying one of these things?

Any chance of getting a pile of blueprints?
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2017-01-09 04:10:21 UTC
If I hadn't gone Alpha and stripped this toon, I would have done it. Sad
Legio De Mortem
#10 - 2017-01-09 05:36:13 UTC
Vipsan Agrippa wrote:
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Vipsan Agrippa wrote:
Hey Brony, How about we pass the hat around, then pay to have your ass wardeced by a few major merc alliances for a month.

We will post our findings next month as lessons learnt.


cheers

Vipsan

your friendly merc tester.SmileSmileSmile

Thing is for anybody who knows how to avoid them Wardecs are kinda meh. My operations have never been affected by a war since the time I spent in Marmite (as a fairly new player mind you). Once you learn the tricks you are fine



You should have been consulted by Archies when Vendetta were knocking at the door. Smile

Simple. Don't be in the same place on any sort of regular basis. Patterns/habbits make for easy prey. If you want to hunt your enemy use tactics they don't use to your advantage (wormholes, Lowsec routes, suicide ships for 'reasons' etc). Spend time infiltrating the enemy and leaking information in your own circles and see where you suspect leaks are and utilize personal who you believe aren't compromised.

For non Merc crews however it's quite a bit simpler if you aren't actually trying to show superiority. Use scouts that have no real connection to yourself and scout all your routes as much as 4 jumps ahead so you are past the standard scout range of your enemy camping pipes. Use less traveled routes (see longer) and even routes that take you through lowsec. It's not that hard to be safe in a war really. That is unless you don't want to be safe Pirate

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Max Trix favourite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Caldari State
#11 - 2017-01-09 07:58:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Vipsan Agrippa
Well explained Noragen. Smile

Reminds me of the time Nietshe and his 11 yr old son destroyed over 35 of Sue Abbots Poco's whilst being decced by:

Pirat, Blow, Complaints Dept and Code. Roll

I believe Nietshe did not suffer a single loss, but if I remember correctly Complaints suffered a dreadful ambush or 2 down Hek way.

Nietshe skipped the light fantastic with Kypp, n into the loving hands of the Coastal Brotherhood.ArrowPirateSmile



Tis true you can waltz through Eve under a Merc dec or two.

If Nietshe can do it ( and he's crappity crap at Eve ) any carebear can. Bear
#12 - 2017-01-09 12:18:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Bronson Hughes
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Simple. Don't be in the same place on any sort of regular basis. Patterns/habbits make for easy prey. If you want to hunt your enemy use tactics they don't use to your advantage (wormholes, Lowsec routes, suicide ships for 'reasons' etc). Spend time infiltrating the enemy and leaking information in your own circles and see where you suspect leaks are and utilize personal who you believe aren't compromised.

For non Merc crews however it's quite a bit simpler if you aren't actually trying to show superiority. Use scouts that have no real connection to yourself and scout all your routes as much as 4 jumps ahead so you are past the standard scout range of your enemy camping pipes. Use less traveled routes (see longer) and even routes that take you through lowsec. It's not that hard to be safe in a war really. That is unless you don't want to be safe Pirate

Plus, you have to look at the relative size of the aggressor and the defender. My corp has 4 pilots*, Galdium Dei has 20+. An Orca plus a half-dozen Skiffs mounted with a little tackle and the will to fight would present a far less appealing target to me than, say, the stray Hulk or Retriever my pilots see scurrying to dock up whenever they hit system. Or, if you are going to mine solo, don't mine right at the beacon for the belt. Make whomever is coming for you work for it.

Alternatively, you can hop into some Ventures, split up, and spread out. 4 pilots can't track down that many other pilots all in different systems very quickly, Ventures are annoying as heck to catch with their +2 warp strength bonus, and it's harder to AFK cloaky camp you if you are operating in more places than my corp has pilots.

The one thing to keep in mind is that the only place where someone can really get the drop on you (aside from a kickout station without an insta-warp bookmark) is jumping through a gate unscouted. Anywhere else, the defender has the advantage because they can see the attacker in local if they're paying attention and GTFO. (Or prepare to fight. Their call.)

Side note: I have not seen Public-Enemy once since they wardecced me, in spite of spending a decent amount of time hanging out in Amarr on the Emperor Family Station undock playing my usual "pod the dunce" games. If I were Galdium Dei, I'd ask for a refund....

*And one of the four is surprisingly absent on any killboards.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Legio De Mortem
#13 - 2017-01-09 12:27:06 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Simple. Don't be in the same place on any sort of regular basis. Patterns/habbits make for easy prey. If you want to hunt your enemy use tactics they don't use to your advantage (wormholes, Lowsec routes, suicide ships for 'reasons' etc). Spend time infiltrating the enemy and leaking information in your own circles and see where you suspect leaks are and utilize personal who you believe aren't compromised.

For non Merc crews however it's quite a bit simpler if you aren't actually trying to show superiority. Use scouts that have no real connection to yourself and scout all your routes as much as 4 jumps ahead so you are past the standard scout range of your enemy camping pipes. Use less traveled routes (see longer) and even routes that take you through lowsec. It's not that hard to be safe in a war really. That is unless you don't want to be safe Pirate

Plus, you have to look at the relative size of the aggressor and the defender. My corp has 4 pilots*, Galdium Dei has 20+. An Orca plus a half-dozen Skiffs mounted with a little tackle and the will to fight would present a far less appealing target to me than, say, the stray Hulk or Retriever my pilots see scurrying to dock up whenever they hit system. Or, if you are going to mine solo, don't mine right at the beacon for the belt. Make whomever is coming for you work for it.

Alternatively, you can hop into some Ventures, split up, and spread out. 4 pilots can't track down that many other pilots all in different systems very quickly, Ventures are annoying as heck to catch with their +2 warp strength bonus, and it's harder to AFK cloaky camp you if you are operating in more places than my corp has pilots.

The one thing to keep in mind is that the only place where someone can really get the drop on you (aside from a kickout station without an insta-warp bookmark) is jumping through a gate unscouted. Anywhere else, the defender has the advantage because they can see the attacker in local if they're paying attention and GTFO. (Or prepare to fight. Their call.)

Side note: I have not seen Public-Enemy once since they wardecced me, in spite of spending a decent amount of time hanging out in Amarr on the Emperor Family Station undock playing my usual "pod the dunce" games. If I were Galdium Dei, I'd ask for a refund....

*And one of the four is surprisingly absent on any killboards.

A neutral scout in a stabber (or any ship that can bump) is a death sentance for most miners tbh. If you aren't scouting your targets and have 4 people/accounts you are doing that part of it wrong.

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Max Trix favourite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Legio De Mortem
#14 - 2017-01-09 13:28:29 UTC
Mobadder Thworst wrote:
Can someone school me on drop- rules for destroying one of these things?

Any chance of getting a pile of blueprints?

Jobs in progress get locked and drop i believe

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Max Trix favourite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

#15 - 2017-01-09 13:47:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Bronson Hughes
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
A neutral scout in a stabber (or any ship that can bump) is a death sentance for most miners tbh. If you aren't scouting your targets and have 4 people/accounts you are doing that part of it wrong.

The problem with that tactic is that it's a one-trick pony. As soon as the WTs realize that your scout is hostile, they'll treat them exactly as an in-corp pilot if they have half a brain.

But to use it to bag, say, an Orca? That could be worth it.

Also, with the differences in time zones, I've found the AFK-cloaky camping to be highly effective.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Forum Jump