Skill Discussions

The only MMORPG that charges you Extra to have 2 or more characters.

Author
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-01-10 05:57:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Hailey Etherlight
Greetings,
I'm a new player but I have question. Why is Eve Online the only MMORPG to charge it's customers for having more than 1 character on the same account for Skill Training? Every single MMORPG allows 4-8 characters approx. per account for FREE even with a $14.99 monthly subscription. I don't get penalized on my mage or warrior for training them at the same time or leveling them at the same time. Why does Eve Online want another $14.99 a month for a second character? Thats $30/month to play 2 characters. It's very ******** and doesn't let me explore other races and other ships. I LOVE EVE, but this is the #1 Turn OFF that makes me want to QUIT. My main character will be training skills for the next 5 years, why in the world would i want to stop his/her training when i need to train both at the same time? GAh, this is insane. Thanks for your time and understanding. Please do something about this. Don't punish your players.
#2 - 2017-01-10 06:17:14 UTC
Other MMORPGs don't offer always-on training, so you can't actually level two characters at once (as only one can be online at a time). Eve, thank goodness, does offer persistent training instead of insisting you grind levels of whatever. As a result, they only allow one training queue at a time (without extra investment). Makes sense to me.
#3 - 2017-01-10 06:40:46 UTC
Hailey Etherlight wrote:
..... doesn't let me explore other races and other ships......

Your choice of race and bloodline at Character Creation doesn't prevent you from training into any ship you like. Only Alpha accounts have this restriction.

So go and create your Amarrian Ragnarok pilot. Then discover you'll want a second account for the purpose of lighting cynos.

AFAIK: No other MMO lets you run multiple characters simultaneously from the one account. You want two simultaneous windows into the game world, you need two accounts.

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Amarr Empire
#4 - 2017-01-10 07:58:24 UTC
You get 3 characters per account same as everyone else.

As has already been pointed out, pick any game you want, but you can't log in more than one character, or train more than one character at any one time on the same account.

Here you can, but you have to effectively pay for 2 accounts for a while until you train the second one to where you need it to be.

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Working Stiffs
#5 - 2017-01-10 12:11:04 UTC
You can train all three characters if you wish.

Just activate the queue on the character you are currently playing.
#6 - 2017-01-10 12:23:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Gregorius Goldstein
Simple answer: EVE is different. That is why EVE is still around. How many games are there that let you train your skills while you are not logged in?

And you can train all three pilots on your account without an additional fee. Only restriction is you can only train one pilot at a time without multitraining.
Evictus.
#7 - 2017-01-10 17:15:45 UTC
If you're good at Eve you can pay your subscription and multiple character training using income earned in-game. You don't have to buy PLEX from CCP for cash - you can buy them on the in-game market for ISK.

You won't be able to do that as a new player - some knowledge and experience is required but you really don't need to be good - you just need to be better than the competition!
#8 - 2017-01-13 05:44:39 UTC  |  Edited by: RavenPaine
You can't play two players on the same account, at the same time. It's always been my recommendation that you DON'T split your skill time up on the one account. You just end up with two half assed characters.
So,
If you want to have two decent characters that you CAN play at the same time, you need a second account. And ya gotta pay for that.
2 or even 3 accounts can be fun btw. 30 bucks a month is a dollar a day. Pretty cheap entertainment where I come from.

Be happy that everyone else can't train 3 at once either, because OMG how much harder would that be to catch up with?
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#9 - 2017-01-13 07:43:04 UTC
they don't allow multiple skill training with out paying extra because you can train up characters to transfer to another account and sell. theres already people using extra accounts to farm sp for skill injectors to keep a constant income.

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

#10 - 2017-01-16 12:55:36 UTC
how the hell are you gonna level your mage and warrior at the same time? you cant!
you keep drop dollar amounts. do you know that you can buy PLEX with game currency and not pay a single real life cent for it? thus EVE, unlike all other MMORGs, allows you to train all 3 characters at the same time for free.