CSM Campaigns

Bardghost Isu For CSM 12, Candidate For QOL, Lore and Players

Author
Warped Intentions
#1 - 2017-02-12 17:34:04 UTC  |  Edited by: bardghost Isu
Hello to eve players.

As some of you may know, It is that time of the year again where we elect members of the CSM.
This year I am asking you to vote for me, Even if it is second or third on your preference lists.

My past
I started playing Eve in mid 2014 and for about a year all my time was spent there trying to find stuff to do and losing ships all the time. Since then I have run an alliance that fell apart, Moved to provi and joined many pvp groups and recently started to FC fleets.

Who I am
Low and Null small gang pvp'er.
PVP in large providence fleets.
Provi FC for 20-40 man fleets. (Usually talwars and small stuff)
Occasional streaming on twitch.
Someone who stands up for the little guys, But doesn't ignore the bigger ones.

My Campaign
I would like to see more emphasis on QOL changes to make life easier for the people who come on to have fun and enjoy themselves. CCP have recently revealed some amazing changes that make life easier for people and I would push to continue that trend. It wouldn't need to be major dev-time put towards some of the fixes but they could improve peoples play massively.

The lore is another place I would love for some improvement. It was going very well until recently where it seems to have stagnated and a lot of people I speak to would like more frequency. I would want to see more frequent news articles that lead up to in game events that are fun for all involved. It may be necessary to bring in major names from the RP community in order to help accomplish this however I would love to see a more vibrant world around us.

I will represent the players as CSM is supposed to do, I'm not going to take the view of one player as less than that of someone else just because they come from and area of space or alliance that is viewed unfavourably by people.

One thing is that I will be open and honest as far as possible without breaking NDA, If there is something I don't agree with then I'll push for us to get a community opinion on it.

After all of that, I am open to suggestions from other people and I am more than willing to take on their feedback and do the best that I can to raise the issue and get a response from CCP on those topics. Me not having experience is not a bad thing, It means I am going to be less biased to a certain playstyle.

Contact details -

Mail me in game - Bardghost Isu
Discord - bardghost Isu #4079
Twitter - @bardghost_isu
Reddit - bardghost_Isu

Thank you all for reading
Fly safe and remember to vote.

CSM 12 CANDIDATE. PEASE VOTE.

Warped Intentions
#2 - 2017-02-12 17:34:57 UTC
RESERVED FOR COMMON QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.

Warped Intentions
#3 - 2017-02-14 16:37:18 UTC
You sir, have my vote. Warped Intentions would be lucky to have you represent us!
Warped Intentions
#4 - 2017-02-16 09:11:21 UTC
Epicishousness Padecain wrote:
You sir, have my vote. Warped Intentions would be lucky to have you represent us!

Thanks for the backing.

To everyone else reading, Please come and ask me questions. I'm not going to bite you :)

#5 - 2017-02-22 02:52:01 UTC
I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering some questions.

1. You indicated you ran an alliance before moving to Providence. What type of alliance did you run and why did you leave/shut it down?

2. You lead small ship 20-40 man gangs. Have you ever been involved in entosis warfare, and if so, what are your thoughts on the subject?

3. You indicated that you will represent all players equally no matter where they come from. It sounds like most of your experience is in null sec. Do you think you have enough experience to represent other areas of the game? How much experience do you have in high sec, low sec, and wormhole space?

4. A lot of players, perhaps even a majority, don't realize the CSM even exists. How do you plan on getting feedback from players?

5. Did you submit your paperwork to get on the ballot?

The Nosy Gamer - CCP Random: "hehe, falls under the category: nice try, but no. ;)"

Warped Intentions
#6 - 2017-02-22 09:29:52 UTC  |  Edited by: bardghost Isu
1. You indicated you ran an alliance before moving to Providence. What type of alliance did you run and why did you leave/shut it down?

So at the time it was a mainly industrial alliance, We were branching out and doing other things. Pvp was something we had started along with our trips into wormholes, If I remember right we even had a corp that had its own wormhole join us in the last few weeks of the alliance. Sadly the alliance got shut down due to disagreements with one of the other main corps about getting our first citadel and the fact I was going to be raising the ISK to buy an astrahus BPO but fell about a billion short the other corp then left after thinking that they were putting in all the effort as they had got build materials together, From that point on a lot of us went our separate ways. Some of my corps guys folded in with them and headed off to VOLT, Others found other homes, I came to provi and One guy is still keeping the old corp up.

I would certainly say that I was inexperienced at the time, But we also found problems with the alliance management UI or therefore lack of it. We had been planning on going it, setting up roles and get everything else we needed to set up, Sadly we never had at our disposal the stuff to do any of that so we were frantically trying to setup alternatives.

2. You lead small ship 20-40 man gangs. Have you ever been involved in entosis warfare, and if so, what are your thoughts on the subject?

Sadly entosis warfare is not something I have been directly involved in, I've flown in fleets with provi to help defend systems while the sov-holder does there entosis work.
That said, I have seen both positive and negative attitudes to entosis warfare and I would say this is certainly one of the areas that is an example of my willingness to listen to what people have to say, I don't have great experience so I'm not going to have a bias to one side or the other.

3. You indicated that you will represent all players equally no matter where they come from. It sounds like most of your experience is in null sec. Do you think you have enough experience to represent other areas of the game? How much experience do you have in high sec, low sec, and wormhole space?

Recent experience is in null sec, However before that I spent a lot of time up in high-sec running an industrial lifestyle along with my alliance that I lead at the time. We also had some great guys that took us into wormholes for daytrips to run sites and huff gas. A few times I took some small gangs out into low-sec to find some fights, Sadly where we went it was uncommon to find people around, However fun was had when we did find them and I also have some funny stories from when I didn't know the mechanics all too well ;)

4. A lot of players, perhaps even a majority, don't realize the CSM even exists. How do you plan on getting feedback from players?

Naturally that is a hard one due to the fact they don't know it exists. Personally I would be making pushes on As many forms of social media as possible to reach out to them. Also using reddit and the forums.
However to get to those that don't use that stuff, I would personally like to see some ingame notifications done to some extent. Something like "Hey The CSM are looking for player feedback on [Activity], Please help them out" That way you can try and draw more people into the fold of at least knowing it exists, From there you can get them communicating if they hadn't already started.

5. Did you submit your paperwork to get on the ballot?

Yes, I had that issue the first time where it didn't go through. But huge props to CCP Guard for clearing that up.

Thank you for the questions :) Hope you enjoy the answers

#7 - 2017-02-24 18:25:40 UTC
just curious, are you involved in any of the debates I heard are upcoming?
Warped Intentions
#8 - 2017-02-24 18:44:43 UTC
Knight Russ wrote:
just curious, are you involved in any of the debates I heard are upcoming?

Yes, I will be in one of the ones that are being hosted by Jeff/Rhivre on the 5th of march.
Also just completed an interview with matterall.

Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2017-03-02 16:11:21 UTC
Hello,

My question - what is your viewpoint regarding Faction standings and as a CSM member, what changes would you propose to CCP pertaining to game mechanics for Faction standings ?

Good luck to you in the upcoming CSM election.

DMC
#10 - 2017-03-08 05:49:51 UTC
07 Candidate!

First, thank you for your time and effort (both present and future) in representing the capsuleers of New Eden! They’re much appreciated.

I’m preparing to cast my vote in the CSM12 elections. After reading the information you submitted, though, I still have a question.

By way of background, I started in Eve as a hauler, moving freight in T1 industrials and gradually working my way up in both ships and cargo. However, I repeatedly found my progress impeded by gankers who would destroy my ship and steal my cargo. In low- and null-sec space, that’s to be expected. You place your bet and take your chances. In high-sec space, however, this is very frustrating. Why have high-sec space at all then? This frustration drove me into anti-ganking, and I’ve been a proud member of Thomas en Chasteaux's High-Sec Militia for several months now.

So, my question. Where do you stand on high-sec ganking? I’ll concede that ganking is a legitimate style of game play, as CCP has ruled. But I also feel that it should be difficult and dangerous (for the ganker) in the 30% of New Eden designated as high-sec space. In particular, I’d like to see CCP tweak the game mechanics so that the criminal flag generated by looting a ganked freighter in high-sec space follows all players who handle that loot, and otherwise make looting more realistic. (Thomas en Chasteaux's ideas, not mine.)

As a member of the CSM, would you present such an idea to CCP? Would you push for its adoption? What other game changes might you consider to make high-sec ganking more difficult and less profitable?

Regards,
Cochise Chiricahua.
Warped Intentions
#11 - 2017-03-08 21:00:15 UTC
Right guys, I apologise for being late and missing the last few responses.

Demichael Crimson - In short I believe that faction standings need to have more ways to obtain them, Plus they need to be used in more cases to gain advantages. Especially after the loss of their use recently in situations such as jump-clones.

Cochise Chiricahua - So I would certainly say that ganking is a legitimate style of play that can spice stuff up in hisec. I would certainly like to see some more challenge come to it afterwards like picking up the loot as you suggested, After all they are helping partake in said criminal activity.
If I was a member I would certainly raise idea's like this, Its a fairly decent one (Plus it allows for more counterplay from people on the otherside), Obviously I couldn't guarantee that it is adopted due to how CSM works, But I would certainly push more more mechanics that spice stuff up. The only thing I would say is that I wouldn't want to neuter the gameplay behind ganking.

Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2017-03-08 22:57:08 UTC
bardghost Isu wrote:
Right guys, I apologise for being late and missing the last few responses.

Demichael Crimson - In short I believe that faction standings need to have more ways to obtain them, Plus they need to be used in more cases to gain advantages. Especially after the loss of their use recently in situations such as jump-clones.

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I agree that positive Faction standings should have a more meaningful impact on game play, especially since Eve Online is based on having a balance in 'Risk vs Reward' and 'Actions vs Consequences'. That's what makes this game great. In the past characters were accountable for their actions, now most everything is being dumbed down and turned into easy mode for the instant gratification crowd. That's something I don't want to see happen to Faction standings.

Currently the in-game aspects of Faction standings :
Positive Faction standings are the only way to access Cosmos Agents (one time access).
Positive Faction and Corporation standings are needed to access Research Agents.
All other Agents only require minimal amount of Faction standing for access (-2.00 or higher standing).
High Faction standings reduce Market Broker fees and Reprocessing fees in NPC stations.
At -5.00 or lower Faction standing, Empire NPC's will attack when in their space.

In my opinion CCP made a big mistake when they removed the need to have positive Faction standings to anchor POS in high sec space. Having that requirement made Faction standings mean something more instead of just a way to access Agents or to get lower Broker fees.

Now I would love to see more content pertaining to positive Faction standings be added to the game. However at this time my inquiry is based on the negative effects of Faction standings to the playerbase. Since it takes time for players to ruin their Faction standings then it should also take some time to repair those standings. Unfortunately that info is basically nonexistent in-game when it should actually be readily available and easily understood by players.

I created and shared the 'Faction Standing Repair Plan' with the playerbase on the forums back in 2010. Over the past 7 years it has helped countless amount of players to rectify what seemed like an unsolvable issue. In my opinion players need more options available to repair negative Faction standings then what I've listed in that guide. In fact most of those Event Agents can only be accessed once in the characters life.

There's a lot of players in-game who don't read the forums and don't know that guide exists. They've basically accepted the fact they're cut off from engaging in available content due to negative Faction standings. Repairing negative standings is a big task even for experienced players who are familiar with 'The Plan'. New players who haven't learned the game yet can easily mess up their Faction standings without even knowing it right from the start, resulting in no access to half of Empire space.

Anyway, I think all players should have the option in-game to gain Diplomatic Immunity with the Empire Factions. The fact that the info pertaining to Faction standing repair is hidden from players in-game is the reason for my post. After 7 years of helping players in the forums to repair negative Faction standings, I just wanted to provide some feedback through the CSM for CCP to consider.

I believe these options would definitely help all players in-game.

Faction standing repair process be implemented in-game and be very intuitive, not obscure (tutorial perhaps).
Changes to Faction standings will notify players with on screen pop up message (option to deactivate).
Actions that would cause negative Faction standing trigger on screen pop up warning (option to deactivate).
All Anti-Empire mission briefings have a warning informing players those missions will incur negative Faction standings.
Implement Tags for Empire Standings in-game based on similar game mechanics as Tags for Security.
Add NPC Agents to in-game Agent Finder for Faction standing repair (similar to proposal in my forum signature).

Once again good luck with the upcoming election.

DMC
Warped Intentions
#13 - 2017-03-10 12:31:31 UTC
Thanks for the questions guys.

Election time is upon us so remember to go at and vote, Even if you are not planning to vote for me just remember to vote and participate.

I've actually found running this year to be more fun than I expected, I was thinking it was going to be really slow moving and not get much interest, But the questions have poured in and kept me going, Followed by all the interviews and debates that I participated In which were quite fun as it also helped me select my candidates to fill the rest of my ballots.

Thank you for being an amazing community and fly safe everyone. May the best man win.