My EVE

What to do.

Author
Caldari State
#1 - 2017-02-14 18:46:00 UTC
I been trying to return to eve now for like 3 month but every time I start up eve I spend 5min in the game and I just don´t feel it anymore even after 1 and half year of break I don´t enjoy eve anymore.

I don´t know what to do feels like I tried every thing ever sense I started in 2007. (well not citadels but I heard it´s boring)

I wanna join a corp but then I remember all times I been in corps all the drama or that we never do anything as a corp it´s just like I joined but I still play alone because no one wanna do anything.

Remember a null sec corp we had a bloody great time sitting on TS talking about anything and nothing while bashing a pos or we did some fights that we lost or won we had fun but the last corps I been in has been 0 fun every one to damn scared or poor to even fly anything more than a bloody frig in pvp.

Is it that eve lost everything I loved with it when I started out, or have I grown to old and done so much in eve is just boring for me ?
Should I quit eve forever or try finding that love for eve I once had ?
EVIAN NATION
#2 - 2017-02-15 08:41:31 UTC
Start again, that simple tbh, start from scratch, be limited, then you will know if u love the game

Eve Video Producer, 400+ Videos On Eve Online, tutorials, PvP Videos, Public Fleets - EvocationzAdhera YouTube Channel

Caldari State
#3 - 2017-02-15 17:32:49 UTC
That sounds like a good idea start from scratch and see if I enjoy it like I did when I was a new player.
#4 - 2017-02-16 17:56:20 UTC
Try EVE Corporations, Alliances and Organizations Center
There are always corporations searching for new and old players. Or post there that you are searching for a corporation that is active in null-sec /WH since you enjoyed that so much. Smile

https://twitter.com/gcAG_EVE

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Eleonora_Crendraven

≡⋁≡

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman. (3.4.148) "

#5 - 2017-03-04 14:43:39 UTC
Azalyn Akiga wrote:
I been trying to return to eve now for like 3 month but every time I start up eve I spend 5min in the game and I just don´t feel it anymore even after 1 and half year of break I don´t enjoy eve anymore.

I don´t know what to do feels like I tried every thing ever sense I started in 2007. (well not citadels but I heard it´s boring)

I wanna join a corp but then I remember all times I been in corps all the drama or that we never do anything as a corp it´s just like I joined but I still play alone because no one wanna do anything.

Remember a null sec corp we had a bloody great time sitting on TS talking about anything and nothing while bashing a pos or we did some fights that we lost or won we had fun but the last corps I been in has been 0 fun every one to damn scared or poor to even fly anything more than a bloody frig in pvp.

Is it that eve lost everything I loved with it when I started out, or have I grown to old and done so much in eve is just boring for me ?
Should I quit eve forever or try finding that love for eve I once had ?

I understand where you come from. I started playing EvE a year ago and got into a few corps, never felt the vibe and eventually quit. Started playing again and I found a great community of players and I will probably spend the next year or so with my fellow bros in Wormhole space.

It's all about finding your right match I think, for sure an MMO isn't as fun when solo playing. Go and search and try, but you have to take some initiative and be careful of who you join.
#6 - 2017-03-13 02:52:58 UTC
I'm not gonna be PC here. If you're looking for the social aspects of Eve...a return to the fun of being with your friends on TS or Mumble, you might have a hard time getting into the mood without it.

I'm 58. I play as meditative tool. My daily life is as a businessman who is on the phone constantly, who sits in meetings and plays the 'I pretend to give a sh*t' game. When I get home, I'm beat and I want a peaceful experience after dinner. The last thing I want to do is talk to people again or watch nonsense on TV. Except 'Married, with Children' reruns. They trump Eve.

So, I like carefully researching a fit for a ship, or mining in hi-sec. I like doing missions. I even like planetary interaction...snoooozzzz. I kill rats in .5 space. And run through Null-sec. And I like to eat Cheeze-Its and drink beer while I'm at it.

You may have to go somewhere else. I'm not saying you couldn't get into the groove, but Eve, at lease in my 10 years of playing it, is hard to sit down and go at it without something akin to a plan. Even if it is only to go out an mine Veldspar while your half-asleep.

I hope you can find the mood, but don't stress about it. Life's too short

Abide

CODE.
#7 - 2017-03-16 17:15:20 UTC
Of course, you are not the same person you were when EVE gripped you the first time 'round; so it isn't surprising that you're failing to recapture that feeling.

There's been some solid advice given so far, so perhaps I can add a bit more. Stop trying to manufacture a feeling that has passed; you will not succeed, and may instead sink into bitterness. Playing the game would become a chore - but one which would drag you back again and again. I doubt you'd enjoy that.

Seek instead to play the game in a way which suits you as you are now; more or less as Ranzabar wisely suggested (I've got a few years on him, so I should know Lol).

You may not feel as excited as you did before, but once you stop wanting to be excited, you may leave space for other, equally enjoyable feelings to take the place of that intensity.

Because EVE has changed too, and it would be unusual for 2 entities which had undergone change to relate to one another in exactly the same way as they did. That's how I see it, anyway.

You may decide that, actually, you've moved beyond EVE. Face that, if it happens, and act on it as soon as you can!
Caldari State
#8 - 2017-03-18 07:29:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Saltine
Brother...I hear you, played since 2004, joined J.H.E.N.R Corp, and F.I.X alliance..best damn fighting force in EVE. Space felt..distant and Big, it took time to move a fleet, or build a carrier, hell it took weeks of ratting to buy battleship.

EVE is now all about the quick f@ck...the dev's have given in to the casual players

Atleast that's how it feels to me each time I come back...shallow and empty, there is no significance to any loss, regardless of size or magnitude.

There are no consequences for your choices or actions anymore