Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
3 Pages123Next page
 

[March] Mining Drone Specialization skill and T2 Mining Drones

First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2017-02-21 16:34:22 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie


Hey folks!

Back when we announced the Ascension mining drone changes as part of the mining foreman ship revamp we mentioned that we'd be adding the new Mining Drone Specialization skill to the requirements for the T2 mining drones at a future point.

Adding the Mining Drone Spec skill to the T2 mining drone requirements will have 2 effects:
  • You'll need to have the Mining Drone Spec skill trained to level 1 in order to launch and operate T2 mining drones.
  • T2 mining drones will start receiving the benefits of the Mining Drone Spec skill (+2% yield and speed per level)

Since enough time has passed since Ascension to allow people to train the new skill we're currently planning on making this change in our upcoming 119.3 release scheduled for March 14th.

This change will only impact the Mining Drone II items, as the 'Augmented' mining drones, the T2 ice harvesting drones and the 'Excavator' capital mining drones already use their appropriate spec skills.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

#2 - 2017-02-21 18:31:33 UTC
Ideas if we will get more options of mining drones in the near future? Just like combat drones their a set from light etc can't we get the same for mining drones?
#3 - 2017-02-21 19:52:15 UTC
why no ship that could launch more than 5 mining drones,how about making rorqual able to fire 10 harvester mining drones or 15 . we should be able to use more than 5 drones when it comes about mining. maybe extending bandwidth on exhumers?
#4 - 2017-02-21 21:45:32 UTC
Amak Boma wrote:
why no ship that could launch more than 5 mining drones,how about making rorqual able to fire 10 harvester mining drones or 15 . we should be able to use more than 5 drones when it comes about mining. maybe extending bandwidth on exhumers?


This would just generate lag on the server for no benefit. It's far better for server performance for drones to be limited to 5 rather than spamming out tons of individual objects like you're suggesting.
#5 - 2017-02-21 22:22:57 UTC
I'd love for mining drones to start mining when I press my attack target hotkey.
#6 - 2017-02-21 22:41:13 UTC
Amphal Deka wrote:
Ideas if we will get more options of mining drones in the near future? Just like combat drones their a set from light etc can't we get the same for mining drones?



There already is this;


  • Civilian
  • Tech1
  • Harvester Drones
  • Augumented Drones
  • Tech2


The only remaining specialization would be if there was some way to provide enhancement to specific ores in a similar way that mining crystals do.
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2017-02-21 23:29:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Jia Lan
Captain Campion wrote:
I'd love for mining drones to start mining when I press my attack target hotkey.


I would like to see parity function with salvage drones, which respond to the drone attack command and will also keep mining the next closest asteroids like how salvage drones will work to salvage the next closest wrecks to the player's ship until there is nothing left in the player's drone control range.

Since one of the biggest vulnerabilities of a mining rorqual is losing his drones and having them spend more time traveling than mining, it doesn't seem overpowering to add this parity.
#8 - 2017-02-21 23:39:19 UTC
Thanks for the warning.

While you're touching mining drones, could you please make the "f" key have mining drones start mining the asteroid you have selected? Thanks!
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2017-02-22 06:58:05 UTC
I would like a T2, 10MBpS mining drone for XMas...
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2017-02-22 08:24:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Will Swiftsure
Great stuff!
as previous posters mentioned it would be nice with F key to mine with mining drones.
If you have both mining drones and combat drones selected in drone ui the system should scan if the targeted object is a asteroid or ship, drone, etc... and the correct drones will do their thing to the selected object while the other drones will hang back.
Also it would be cool if you added gas harvesting drones and possible abc ore specialization drones.
And perhaps a high slot module for orca similar to the one on carriers that help lock targets faster and perhaps could increase mining yield or mining speed.
Maybe give it a 90 sec siege?

OT: Any chance you can give npc ships a few drones too that they visibly launch and stuff? Smile
Shadow of xXDEATHXx
#11 - 2017-02-22 08:58:39 UTC
Penance Toralen wrote:
Amphal Deka wrote:
Ideas if we will get more options of mining drones in the near future? Just like combat drones their a set from light etc can't we get the same for mining drones?



There already is this;


  • Civilian
  • Tech1
  • Harvester Drones
  • Augumented Drones
  • Tech2


The only remaining specialization would be if there was some way to provide enhancement to specific ores in a similar way that mining crystals do.


Great Idea! But they need to allow the blue prints to be in LP store. Not done by only drops. The mining drones cost way to much as CCP has done a big push on mining drones. Not every one in eve is rich or can lose them in 0.0. Hopeul ccp will find away to reduce the costs of all mining drones. The biggest one cost 1.7b each? No reason for it! They should cost no more then a hulk fit around 300m each. Rorquals are dying like crazy and can be replaced not the 5b in drones. Which is crazy.
Blades of Grass
#12 - 2017-02-22 11:11:53 UTC
Mr Bowers wrote:

Great Idea! But they need to allow the blue prints to be in LP store. Not done by only drops. The mining drones cost way to much as CCP has done a big push on mining drones. Not every one in eve is rich or can lose them in 0.0. Hopeul ccp will find away to reduce the costs of all mining drones. The biggest one cost 1.7b each? No reason for it! They should cost no more then a hulk fit around 300m each. Rorquals are dying like crazy and can be replaced not the 5b in drones. Which is crazy.


The cost of the excavator drones is mostly in the parts rather than the BPC. Each drone last I looked was around 80m for the BPC cost. The rest was mostly the rogue drone parts, especially the AIs and the capillaries. Due to their relatively limited supply they are very vulnerable to market manipulation to make a bad situation even worse.
Fidelas Constans
#13 - 2017-02-22 14:29:53 UTC
Please enable the F shortcut on mining drones. I don't even mine any longer, but this bugs the heck out of me that only these one kind of drones do not respond to F.

Target rock - F to mine.
#14 - 2017-02-22 14:39:45 UTC
Xerxes Fehrnah wrote:
Please enable the F shortcut on mining drones. I don't even mine any longer, but this bugs the heck out of me that only these one kind of drones do not respond to F.

Target rock - F to mine.


I think you meant "Mine Repeatedly"
C C P Alliance
#15 - 2017-02-22 15:06:08 UTC
You guys should check out SISI once it comes up with the March release in the next day or two. :)

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

#16 - 2017-02-23 10:48:22 UTC
Yeah a bit of mining drones love, I will test that on Singularity when available. Smile

I'm too to make mining drone "Mine repeatedly" with the F shortcut, to be more convenient and intuitive regarding use of drones.

Would be nice to see in the future a sentry (medium) mining drone with a lower yield for having to choose between a consistant low yield or a more rewarding one with mobile drones and moving next to rocks.

In the name of Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen : “Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.”

C C P Alliance
#17 - 2017-02-23 17:47:08 UTC
The reason for my cryptic post above is that we have already completed expanding the F shortcut to cause mining drones to mine repeatedly. :)

More details can be found in this thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6846951

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

#18 - 2017-02-23 18:18:00 UTC
Kiddoomer wrote:
Yeah a bit of mining drones love, I will test that on Singularity when available. Smile

I'm too to make mining drone "Mine repeatedly" with the F shortcut, to be more convenient and intuitive regarding use of drones.

Would be nice to see in the future a sentry (medium) mining drone with a lower yield for having to choose between a consistant low yield or a more rewarding one with mobile drones and moving next to rocks.


if you look at the post about the rorq it seems ccp is going in the direction of drones being short range mining and miners being long range this would run counter to that.
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2017-02-24 13:29:57 UTC
Fozzie can you lower bandwidht requirements of ice mining drones with 50%? Or increase the available bandwidht on the orca.
Its kind of silly that a orca can only field 1 drone.
It should at least be able to field 1 ice drone and 2-3 light drones as defence imo.
#20 - 2017-02-24 13:32:05 UTC
Will Swiftsure wrote:
Fozzie can you lower bandwidht requirements of ice mining drones with 50%? Or increase the available bandwidht on the orca.
Its kind of silly that a orca can only field 1 drone.
It should at least be able to field 1 ice drone and 2-3 light drones as defence imo.


Why?

Just abandon or recall the ice done if you need to launch combat.
3 Pages123Next page
Forum Jump