Macintosh

 
 

Repeated Crashes: Undocks/Gate Jumping

Author
#1 - 2017-04-04 11:02:28 UTC
Hi Mates,

So I have had a constant issue with the game crashing whenever I go through a jump gate or undock. The game locks up my entire computer, making me do a force-quit.

I submitted a ticket and they suggested that I delete a wine and wineeve (?) folder, which I did. After doing so, I lost my settings (including my overview settings) and the problem persists.

I cannot say when it started happening, except that I estimate around the last update or two. I was wondering if anyone else is having this trouble and/or have any fixes? Thanks in advance
The Amish Mafia
#2 - 2017-04-23 17:36:16 UTC
Ragnar D IX wrote:
Hi Mates,

So I have had a constant issue with the game crashing whenever I go through a jump gate or undock. The game locks up my entire computer, making me do a force-quit.

I submitted a ticket and they suggested that I delete a wine and wineeve (?) folder, which I did. After doing so, I lost my settings (including my overview settings) and the problem persists.

I cannot say when it started happening, except that I estimate around the last update or two. I was wondering if anyone else is having this trouble and/or have any fixes? Thanks in advance





I has this issue, if you try the ESC menu and delete all cache setting, this worked for me, i usually crashed in fleet at coming up to a gate or undocking also. Fixed it completely.

Let me know how you get on.
The Amish Mafia
#3 - 2017-04-23 17:37:59 UTC
Ragnar D IX wrote:
Hi Mates,

So I have had a constant issue with the game crashing whenever I go through a jump gate or undock. The game locks up my entire computer, making me do a force-quit.

I submitted a ticket and they suggested that I delete a wine and wineeve (?) folder, which I did. After doing so, I lost my settings (including my overview settings) and the problem persists.

I cannot say when it started happening, except that I estimate around the last update or two. I was wondering if anyone else is having this trouble and/or have any fixes? Thanks in advance





I has this issue, if you try the ESC menu and delete all cache setting, this worked for me, i usually crashed in fleet at coming up to a gate or undocking also. Fixed it completely.

Let me know how you get on.
#4 - 2017-06-06 15:10:47 UTC
Is it just me or has this crashing go really bad of late?

Just gone from Jita to Kamio and have had Wine hang twice, once exiting JITA and the other jumping at Tuntarras

Crashes on both an MBP and an iMac.

I presume this is all to do with session changes and handoffs?
#5 - 2017-06-06 15:18:54 UTC
Han KeShen wrote:
Is it just me or has this crashing go really bad of late?

Just gone from Jita to Kamio and have had Wine hang twice, once exiting JITA and the other jumping at Tuntarras

Crashes on both an MBP and an iMac.

I presume this is all to do with session changes and handoffs?



...and again, at JITA, again
#6 - 2017-06-06 15:42:36 UTC
Han KeShen wrote:
Han KeShen wrote:
Is it just me or has this crashing go really bad of late?

Just gone from Jita to Kamio and have had Wine hang twice, once exiting JITA and the other jumping at Tuntarras

Crashes on both an MBP and an iMac.

I presume this is all to do with session changes and handoffs?



...and again, at JITA, again


...and YET AGAIN! Guess where? Yup - JITA!

These are all with an Alpha alt, in a Sigil so will go back again shortly in something different to see if that has any effect.

Have to Force Quit each time.
Central Omni Galactic Group
#7 - 2017-06-06 16:12:38 UTC
I was lucky for a while, and didn't get a lot of crashes. I have in the last couple weeks been getting a crash or two. I am assuming wine is the reason, but only have had it happen since the last two patch cycles. I have noticed a crap ton of lag on undock. I am hoping that this next patch will fix it, as the place i live has a lot of stuff on grid when i undock.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

#8 - 2017-06-06 16:21:58 UTC
Han KeShen wrote:
Han KeShen wrote:
Han KeShen wrote:
Is it just me or has this crashing go really bad of late?

Just gone from Jita to Kamio and have had Wine hang twice, once exiting JITA and the other jumping at Tuntarras

Crashes on both an MBP and an iMac.

I presume this is all to do with session changes and handoffs?



...and crashed again, at JITA, again


...and YET AGAIN! Guess where? Yup - JITA!

These are all with an Alpha alt, in a Sigil so will go back again shortly in something different to see if that has any effect.

Have to Force Quit each time.


Just went to JITA with my Omega alt in a Magnate, running on my mid-2011 20gb iMac. GPU running at 59C, CPU at 46C (smcFanControl installed) - no issues at all.

So, on my late 2013 MBP with 16gb and 500gb SSD. GPU running at 73C, CPU at 59C, I got into my Alpha's Tormentor, back to JITA and this time crashed when I jumped INTO the JITA system.

Logged my Omega off from the iMac and onto the MBP and off to JITA we flew, in the Magnate. Docked, undocked and crashed!

Meanwhile back on my iMac, my Alpha springs to life.... -> JITA - docked, undocked -> Kamio with no issues.

So, the crashing in this instance appears to be device based. Last week it was my iMac that kept crashing, this week it's going to be the MBP!

Was going to convert my Alpha to Omega, but with this level of annoyance, maybe I won't. Fortunately I don't need to visit JITA on a regular basis
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2017-06-07 11:35:40 UTC
This seems to be an issue for a couple of months. Personally everything suggested by the GM's hasn't fixed problem. Have lodged bug report, crossing fingers this is something debs are on to. Game is basically unplayable due to freezes
#10 - 2017-06-07 14:25:05 UTC
Same again today!

Strange it suddenly seems to have gotten worse for me over the last couple of weeks.

Fortunately, I am, in the main, independent of JITA, but having this place in effect as a no-go zone is not really acceptable.

#11 - 2017-06-07 16:13:28 UTC
Me again, sorry.....

....as it's only really my Alpha alt that uses my MBP, I decided to delete all my CCP / EVE directories and reload. Haven't gone for the download-everything option 'cos that would talk all night here, however...

...did the basic download, logged on and loaded up in window mode, left Halaima, went to JITA (now that took a while to download dynamically!!), undocked - NO HANGING/CRASHING ISSUE

Coincidence or maybe something 'old' hanging on in the directories that's now been overwritten with the new download?

Will keep a BDI on this though.
#12 - 2017-06-12 16:35:54 UTC
Failing anywhere now - shame. Sad
Forum Jump