Missions & Complexes

 
 

Different rewards for the same mission???

Author
The Bloc
#1 - 2017-04-14 16:42:18 UTC  |  Edited by: PureMurder
I recently did a bunch of L1 missions to try to figure out if there was a difference in reward between high and low. There doesn't seem to be at this point, but I haven't had the same mission in high vs low to double-check that.

Now, one weird thing that I ran into is that I was running some missions in low, and the same mission, from the same agent, paid lower the second time I got it from them (this happened to me twice out of two times, so it isn't likely just a typo). This happened despite my standings rising with the same agent, and there being constant sec status between the systems that I was travelling two: (1J between two 0.4 systems both times... it may have even been the same system).

So... I'm curious what's going on here. I would expect rewards to rise as my standings with a given agent rises, and unless there's some bonus for doing a particular mission the first time around with a given agent or corp, I can't explain this. I haven't yet been offered the same mission from the same agent a third time, in order to see what happens on the third value.

People have told me that mission rewards are higher in low, but my data suggest that this is not true. (lol that's actually correct grammar). I don't know if there is naturally variance in mission rewards for the same missions, though. If there is, I think that's a great thing, because that would mean that you are encouraged to pay more attention and take missions on the edge when the rewards swing in their favour, rather than cherry picking around them... but I don't know if that's the case, or if the edge and variance are wide enough to make that design idea work.

Any comments? What's going on here?
#2 - 2017-04-14 16:51:04 UTC
mission rewards, bonus, and lp payouts are determined by 2 things.

1. the sec status of the system the agent is in
2. the average completion time for the mission, I believe declines and failures also modify this portion.

I think there might be a slight random factor for the isk payouts, but they seem to be in the same ballpark so I've never bothered with tracking the exact payouts.

It is also possible you aren't seeing much of a difference because lv1 rewards are rather small so the small bonus in 0.4 from a 0.5 would be hard to see. Try running missions in a 0.1 system and a 1.0 system.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

#3 - 2017-04-14 18:06:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Zarek Kree
What Chainsaw said. There's definitely a difference in payouts based on true system security status of the AGENT (the mission location has no impact). However, if you're comparing a system with a truesec status of 0.46 (rounded up to 0.5 making it highsec) and a system with a truesec status of 0.44 (rounded down to 0.4 making it lowsec), the differences will be hard to detect. Run a mission from an agent in a 0.1 or 0.2 system and compare to ones run from an agent in a 0.9 or 1.0 system and the differences will be very apparent.

The relatively low payouts of L1 missions makes it harder to see as well. It's substantial when you get up to L3 or L4 missions.

And I can confirm that there is randomization is the isk rewards (but not the LP) even for the same mission from the same agent. I haven't calculated it, but it looks to be about a 5-10% variance.

Also, your standings with the agent have no impact on the rewards offered. Your standings only impact your ability to talk to the agent.
The Bloc
#4 - 2017-04-14 18:17:15 UTC  |  Edited by: PureMurder
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
reasons...


This is an excellent reply, thanks. I'll look into it.

edit: actually both of you, ty. :)
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2017-04-15 04:27:36 UTC
Just wanted to clarify about Agent location verses Mission reward = A difference of 0.1 in system security level from 1.0 down to 0.0 translates into a 10% increase in rewards per system.

Also one thing everyone forgot to include is that Mission Rewards, Bonus and LP is also affected by various Social skills.

Negotiation skill will increase the mission reward and bonus amount by 5% per level.
Security, Distribution and Mining Connections skills will increase amount of Loyalty Points by 5% per level.

The actual Mission reward is calculated and affected by the average amount of time it takes for players to complete that mission. The way Agent standings affects players is the higher your Agent standing is, that Agent will offer more missions that have higher rewards which are usually the tougher ones. I believe Agent mission offers are also based on the type of missions you've previously accepted and completed.

Course the most accepted answer is it's all random.



DMC
Zulu People
#6 - 2017-04-15 12:26:52 UTC
I totally agree with Chainsaw and Zarek. However, according my own experience of EVE online, it seems like I always got some not bad result the first time I tried something. The first time I tried to explore, I got 60mil from a W-space connected to a hi-sec system with relatively high traffic. The first time I ran a combat sites, I got a 50mil drop. The first time I did a ghost site, I got 70mil from the can. The first time I play with market, I saved 80mil. Maybe it's just me and totally random, or maybe ccp do have implemented some tricks to satisfy you the first time you do something, so that you'll keep doing it.
#7 - 2017-04-15 14:10:20 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
The actual Mission reward is calculated and affected by the average amount of time it takes for players to complete that mission.


That's interesting. So the isk rewards aren't randomized within a set variance? They reflect a constant autocalculation based on the average time it takes to complete? I found an old quote by CCP Fozzie confirming that, but he also said it applied to LP rewards. However, LP has always seemed stable. I only see variance in the isk rewards.
#8 - 2017-04-15 14:38:21 UTC
There is a variance in LP Payouts too, although minimal. Lately I was doing a lot of Vengeance missions and over the days the LP Payment dropped from 6419 to 6418

ISK rewards seem to be just randomized. Sometimes its just a million, sometimes its 1,5 million

The exaxt mechanics only CCP knows. I dont think they ever talked in detail about these things
Void Alliance
#9 - 2017-04-16 10:14:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Admiral Brodnack
LP rewards are based on true sec status of the systems missions are in.

For example Sisters Of Eve agents (Best LP/isk in high sec).

Osmon and Apanake agent gives you less LP per mission than Lanngisi agent.
Lanngisi agent is the only agent that gives you more than others because true security status is 0.45, others are higher.
That's why alot of people moved to Lanngisi (minmatar space) for SoE LP's.

Special thing about Lanngisi agent for SOE is also that this agent doesn't send you to low sec for normal missions or burner missions, other agents send you to low sec, even for a normal mission.


This was already discussed here:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6909963
#10 - 2017-04-16 17:42:32 UTC
Admiral Brodnack wrote:
Special thing about Lanngisi agent for SOE is also that this agent doesn't send you to low sec for normal missions or burner missions, other agents send you to low sec, even for a normal mission.

there is a tiny chance to go to lowsec in lanngisi Hagilur and Ragnarg are both in the same constellation as Hek, typically they won't send you past Bei though. that said they are 5-6 jumps away so I'd just decline them anyways, hek I decline them when the go to Bei as 4 jumps is too far

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

#11 - 2017-04-17 13:12:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Zarek Kree
Admiral Brodnack wrote:
Sisters Of Eve agents (Best LP/isk in high sec).


Actually, Thukker Tribe consistently holds that title. However, you can make a strong case that SOE is the best isk/hr in highsec for running L4 and burner missions because of the layout of the systems. But it's not the best LP/isk available for mission running in highsec.

Admiral Brodnack wrote:
Lanngisi agent is the only agent that gives you more than others because true security status is 0.45


0.4612 actually. Not trying to nitpick because your point is valid, but 0.45 isn't a correct figure regardless of how you round it.
Forum Jump