EVE General Discussion

Real event

Author
#1 - 2017-04-20 07:34:57 UTC
How much real life money would it cost to get an interesting and notable event to happen in this game?
What is something that could happen to shake up the game? A defibrillator if you will
End of Life
#2 - 2017-04-20 07:39:25 UTC
$75000 wasn't enough really:

http://www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-pilot-places-a-75000-bounty-on-rival-alliance/

So something a bit more than that.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#3 - 2017-04-20 08:48:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Eternus8lux8lucis
Any of the new capitals as they come out somewhere in low sec should do it. Wait for the new ones. Whelp one a week, then wait for the next ones and do it again. The Serp ones are almost done, least the dread and super have been as events. So Id do the next series as they come out.

So all told about $10K USD to buy all 3 of each set as they come out and $5K USD for the vanquisher if you want to do that one.

Then if you want to get REALLY crazy spend a few hundred grand to buy yourself an Upwell Palatine Keepstar to blow up as an event and you will be immortalized in Eve forever.Twisted

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Gallente Federation
#4 - 2017-04-20 09:42:56 UTC
Be the first to anchor the faction keepstar, that will cost you about $1.2 million or something like that forget the real estimated cost.
Anchor one of those though and it would become an instant target for everyone. Better put it in a C1 worm hole for the lulz.
#5 - 2017-04-20 09:56:11 UTC
What is an interesting and notable event and why does it rely on real life money?
Why does the whole game need a shake up? Are you another frustrated dev in the stands?

Pick a region or even a constellation and go change that, drop enough real life money on PLEX and you'll be rich enough ingame to be a horrifying pest, perhaps directionless nincompoops will rally to your side.

Less passive requests for universal scope mechanic and rule changes, more active plans to actually distort the map with skill, connections, spaec money and power.

Unless you aint got any of those...

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2017-04-20 10:30:08 UTC
I think the amount scales with creativity and the energy invested.

Be well enough in those and you have a resounding event from 0 bucks.

(nope have no experience, just intuition. But look at the Code. It looks like an event that only makes profit for 4 years.)

Elite F1 pilot since YC119, incarnate of honor, integrity and tidi.

#7 - 2017-04-20 11:45:57 UTC
Used to pay $14.95 a month for interesting things! lol Smile

@lunettelulu7

#8 - 2017-04-20 12:24:06 UTC
Because if i gather resources in this game i would like it to contribute to something interesting happpening rather than status quo.
As it i am unaware of where and how i can do that.
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2017-04-20 13:30:35 UTC
Peroxis Eva wrote:
Because if i gather resources in this game i would like it to contribute to something interesting happpening rather than status quo.
As it i am unaware of where and how i can do that.

Join a nullsec alliance, become a FC, become a director, declare massive pointless wars.
#10 - 2017-04-21 00:21:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
If you had a lot of money, maybe you could hire some real girls to play this game. That would shake things up. Even just a few of them might cause all kinds of cascading butterfly effects.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#11 - 2017-04-21 11:10:46 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
If you had a lot of money, maybe you could hire some real girls to play this game. That would shake things up. Even just a few of them might cause all kinds of cascading butterfly effects.

All girls twitch channel would get you all the male viewers in a hurry Im sure.Blink And then if they can PvP youd have them all hooked.Twisted

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Brothers of Tangra
#12 - 2017-04-21 17:45:03 UTC
I think Lenny (maybe a different IWI banker) said that World War Bee cost like 7-8 trillion isk for the initial invasion.

At current RMT conversion rates I think that comes out to about tree fiddy.
#13 - 2017-04-21 17:54:33 UTC
imagineer what kind of day rate the professor of tit physics is on.
procure his services for 60 days & let him get to work.
when the money is all gone, say hello a new tit wonderland.

would that shake things up for you?
#14 - 2017-04-21 19:41:14 UTC
One of the most notable things that happened is still my first lowsec roam. As a HS carebear I suddenly found myself surrounded by flashy red -10s in fleet. The quiet industrial alliance that picked me up in a belt in Gallente space turned out to be a very interesting lot.

And during the next mining op the other carebears in the ally wondered, what had happened to my sec status.

Notable fun times for just the subscription fee Lol.

Remove standings and insurance.

LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#15 - 2017-04-21 23:32:27 UTC
Mara Pahrdi wrote:
One of the most notable things that happened is still my first lowsec roam. As a HS carebear I suddenly found myself surrounded by flashy red -10s in fleet. The quiet industrial alliance that picked me up in a belt in Gallente space turned out to be a very interesting lot.

And during the next mining op the other carebears in the ally wondered, what had happened to my sec status.

Notable fun times for just the subscription fee Lol.

Someone turned to the dark side. Just say it was the cookies.Twisted

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#16 - 2017-04-22 00:00:03 UTC
Honestly the Event I want to see are these. The same events we have now but with a CCP twist. Where any CCP dev or employee can queue up to assume the final boss spawn roll. They log in whenever they have time off from "werking hard hardly werking" Blink and the system queues them up to randomly spawn into an event as a unique boss anywhere in New Eden. These are fully functional pvp ships that are identical in stats to the NPC ones but have a human at the helm. PvP against these and win and the loot drop increases, not severely but significantly due to the limited aspect. And because it would be a random employee and a random spawn there is a total RNG factor here.

The fact it would be different devs/employees would mean different playstyles and different engagements each time. Effectively you would log in and wait for the spawn, it would drop you into the ship randomly so even the dev didnt know who or where they would spawn against. In fact there doesnt even need to be a unique name change for ship type so noone really knows. you could even set up the devs game world to not include player names or system name etc to make it incredibly unbiased. Simply, X ship in random system versus you mano a mano. If you win, you despawn and go back into the queue and anyone else warping in gets the normal ship roll. If the player wins they either get to pod you or it is just a simply good loot drop.

These could function as a psuedo live events for CCP to engage with the player base without the CCP tag or a big production on a regular basis.

Cheers.Blink

That's right.

Had to end sometime.