Crime & Punishment

 
 

The Chronicles of Evonya - a MediEVEal Farce

Author
CODE.
#1 - 2017-04-22 06:27:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Sasha Nemtsov
Sasha: Ye denizens of C&P! My latest YouTube offering is a short piece inspired by the writings of James 315.
C&P: (Groan) No, really?

Evonya is in medieval turmoil. James 315 and his ‘Newe Order’ have sworn to ‘rid Hyghsecke of ye carebears and ye botte-aspirants; to hunt them down and to kill them!’

Conveniently enough, 3 arch-carebears choose that very moment to ride into town on their sturdy Retriever. Will they find the riches they seek? Will they stop bitching among themselves for long enough to appreciate my scene-creation skills?

‘Appearing’:
James ‘His Humblenesse’ 315
Trebor ‘ye Bombast’ Daehdoow
‘Mikey-Mike’ Azariah
Ripard ‘Jester’ Teg.

(Also, sundry peasants and persons of ye lower sort….)

“Salty. Spicy. Savage.” ~ The New Halaima Silver Screen Review

The Chronicles of Evonya
#2 - 2017-04-22 09:30:31 UTC
Vendetta Mercenary Group
#3 - 2017-04-22 09:32:26 UTC
#4 - 2017-04-23 03:52:00 UTC
Your impression of EVE's premier space detective was hilarious, and very likely accurate.

Another certain classic, Sasha, please keep them coming!

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - May 23 2017 - MTU Mailbag

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

CODE.
#5 - 2017-04-23 23:03:32 UTC
A fine Masterpiece ^_^

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

#6 - 2017-04-24 00:57:16 UTC
roflmao

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Gallente Federation
#7 - 2017-04-26 18:09:16 UTC
Fun piece. Thanks

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

#8 - 2017-04-26 23:15:59 UTC
Please, might you upload this somewhere that doesn't want to hump my leg over getting a Google account for age verification?
Legio De Mortem
#9 - 2017-04-27 03:36:15 UTC
Ha dam. How did I miss this when it first got posted. +1.

PS I think I may add trying to get Sasha to voice one of my exploits to my eve bucket list when I get back

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Max Trix favourite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

CODE.
#10 - 2017-04-27 06:54:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Sasha Nemtsov
Areen Sassel wrote:
Please, might you upload this somewhere that doesn't want to hump my leg over getting a Google account for age verification?


Hi Areen, you've made a good point there, which certainly merits a full response.

I'm not entirely happy myself with Google's 'everything, everywhere, sign-up-once' global domination strategy. If you think it's a barrier to getting in to stuff, you should try getting out of it! They made it so bloody awkward last time I tried that I lost the will to live, and stayed - which of course was their intention.

Do you have any suggestions? I would still have to use YouTube, because it's where a lot of folks go, but I could upload to, for example, Vimeo, to give you a choice. I do have an account there, too, which I've not used for years.

I just quickly went to check Vimeo out and - they've moved the goalposts! Their sliced-up sub system means that I'd have to pay $17/mo to get what YT gives me for nothing (bar the ads, I suppose). Well, the 'Basic' account is free, so why not?

Again, let me know of any suggestions you have, and whether you'd be prepared to use Vimeo.

EDIT: I just realised that I put an age-limit thing on this particular video, because of some of the content (language). I'll take it off and add a note to the description. Thanks for pointing it out Areen.
Legio De Mortem
#11 - 2017-04-27 08:20:12 UTC
Sasha Nemtsov wrote:
Areen Sassel wrote:
Please, might you upload this somewhere that doesn't want to hump my leg over getting a Google account for age verification?


Hi Areen, you've made a good point there, which certainly merits a full response.

I'm not entirely happy myself with Google's 'everything, everywhere, sign-up-once' global domination strategy. If you think it's a barrier to getting in to stuff, you should try getting out of it! They made it so bloody awkward last time I tried that I lost the will to live, and stayed - which of course was their intention.

Do you have any suggestions? I would still have to use YouTube, because it's where a lot of folks go, but I could upload to, for example, Vimeo, to give you a choice. I do have an account there, too, which I've not used for years.

I just quickly went to check Vimeo out and - they've moved the goalposts! Their sliced-up sub system means that I'd have to pay $17/mo to get what YT gives me for nothing (bar the ads, I suppose). Well, the 'Basic' account is free, so why not?

Again, let me know of any suggestions you have, and whether you'd be prepared to use Vimeo.

EDIT: I just realised that I put an age-limit thing on this particular video, because of some of the content (language). I'll take it off and add a note to the description. Thanks for pointing it out Areen.

The age limit is honestly nothing a grown human being couldn't overcome with minimal effort tbh... (seriously most of my eve characters have their own google accounts)

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Max Trix favourite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

#12 - 2017-04-27 17:41:16 UTC
Sasha Nemtsov wrote:
EDIT: I just realised that I put an age-limit thing on this particular video, because of some of the content (language). I'll take it off and add a note to the description. Thanks for pointing it out Areen.


Seems fine now; thanks.
Caldari State
#13 - 2017-04-29 13:26:33 UTC
Sasha Nemtsov wrote:


I'm not entirely happy myself with Google's 'everything, everywhere, sign-up-once' global domination strategy. If you think it's a barrier to getting in to stuff, you should try getting out of it! They made it so bloody awkward last time I tried that I lost the will to live, and stayed - which of course was their intention.



My dear Sasha, perhaps you could view it in the light that the lawfully elected Saviour of The Internet, Google, has put in place it's own Code, which you, as a denizen of the aforementioned virtual space, must abide by?

It may seem annoying to some... But Google was, like James, elected to the position it holds atop the pecking order. And honestly, even Gallant can see that a one-time sign up is a good investment, my friend.

Enjoy your web-compliance, and rejoice in helping Google make the web a better, more content filled place!
CODE.
#14 - 2017-04-29 16:33:58 UTC
Clockwork Robot wrote:
Sasha Nemtsov wrote:


I'm not entirely happy myself with Google's 'everything, everywhere, sign-up-once' global domination strategy. If you think it's a barrier to getting in to stuff, you should try getting out of it! They made it so bloody awkward last time I tried that I lost the will to live, and stayed - which of course was their intention.



My dear Sasha, perhaps you could view it in the light that the lawfully elected Saviour of The Internet, Google, has put in place it's own Code, which you, as a denizen of the aforementioned virtual space, must abide by?

It may seem annoying to some... But Google was, like James, elected to the position it holds atop the pecking order. And honestly, even Gallant can see that a one-time sign up is a good investment, my friend.

Enjoy your web-compliance, and rejoice in helping Google make the web a better, more content filled place!


Hrrrumph! (But well reasoned, and elegantly expressed...!)
Brave Collective
#15 - 2017-04-30 14:22:32 UTC
Well done!
Forum Jump