Macintosh

 
 

Wine version update to 2.6

First post First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2017-04-26 13:47:59 UTC
I have updated the CCP Wine fork with the latest from WineHQ, bringing the Wine version up to 2.6.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

#2 - 2017-04-26 14:56:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Athena
I did a little testing.
The versions under "winehq-master" would not run for me. I tried both 2.6 versions. I would click on an account, and a few seconds later get a red box stating "client unexpectedly closed".
The 2.6 version under "ccp-master" did work, but I still have the low fps bug. In Jita and Sobaseki my fps is 2. But in Isanamo and Idoken its 25 to 30 (which is my usual maximum).

OS10.10.5, 2010, MacBook Pro, 17" screen (which is why I'm still using an old machine).

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

#3 - 2017-04-26 18:51:19 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
I did a little testing.
The versions under "winehq-master" would not run for me. I tried both 2.6 versions. I would click on an account, and a few seconds later get a red box stating "client unexpectedly closed".
The 2.6 version under "ccp-master" did work, but I still have the low fps bug. In Jita and Sobaseki my fps is 2. But in Isanamo and Idoken its 25 to 30 (which is my usual maximum).

OS10.10.5, 2010, MacBook Pro, 17" screen (which is why I'm still using an old machine).



The 2010 MBP runs Sierra great if you have your ram upgraded to 8GB. Its a worthy upgrade, 10.12.4 should also install a new firmware for your MBP when installed that fixes some security holes the CIA discovered. Throw an SSD in there and you will be amazed how fast that 7 year old laptop can run. Big smile

MacPro (mid 2012) dual 6-core Xeon 3.06ghz, 64GB ECC Ram, PCIe-SSD, 2x SSHD, BD, SD, Nvidia Titan Xp. Running macOS Sierra 10.12.4.

#4 - 2017-04-26 19:19:45 UTC
I have 8 gb ram and an SSD. But, otherwise, I have an odd situation. This computer is free, given to me my work. They allow game playing on it as long as it does not interfere with work. But, the security software work IT puts on it is not available for any OS past 10.10. So, I'm stuck.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Invictum.
#5 - 2017-04-28 17:25:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Niobe Maken
Hello, its me again :D

So I updated to version 2.6 successful but then nothing happened - the launcher was ready, but when I want to start a client nothing happened. Really nothing - no CPU use, no RAM - nothing. I set back to an old wine version (in the preferences) and everything was fine.

Did anyone else got this problem?

If you wish I can upload a log



fly safe
o/



Clear / verify Cache and reinstall fixed the problem for me - BUT if I click on an ingame link it will not open with my browser.
I get a notification "File not found.".
#6 - 2017-05-06 06:50:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Frenae
I am having a similar problem, the launcher works fine but when I try to actual enter the game wine window opens but nothing appears to happen is there a way to run the client without wine?

the wine window also appears stuck I can't seem to do anything with it.
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2017-05-08 16:55:33 UTC
Niobe Maken wrote:
Hello, its me again :D

So I updated to version 2.6 successful but then nothing happened - the launcher was ready, but when I want to start a client nothing happened. Really nothing - no CPU use, no RAM - nothing. I set back to an old wine version (in the preferences) and everything was fine.

Did anyone else got this problem?

If you wish I can upload a log



fly safe
o/



Clear / verify Cache and reinstall fixed the problem for me - BUT if I click on an ingame link it will not open with my browser.
I get a notification "File not found.".


What happens if you delete the wine folder and force the launcher to download a fresh copy?

* In finder, click Go to Folder and copy paste the following

~/Library/Application Support/EVE Online/p_drive/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/SharedCache

* You should see a folder named Wine – move that folder to trash

Then start the launcher and see if the same issue occurs.

With regards,

GM Mechanic,

CCP Customer Service | EVE Online | EVE Valkyrie

Ushra'Khan
#8 - 2017-05-12 00:49:41 UTC
Apoq Surrat wrote:

The 2010 MBP runs Sierra great if you have your ram upgraded to 8GB. Its a worthy upgrade, 10.12.4 should also install a new firmware for your MBP when installed that fixes some security holes the CIA discovered. Throw an SSD in there and you will be amazed how fast that 7 year old laptop can run. Big smile


This is completely off topic...but I always have to giggle when somebody is excited by the specs/speed of their mac machine. I looked it up for fun, and on the official mac support webpage they talk about the

  1. Size/Weight
  2. Expansion Ports -- power, LAN, kensington lock, audio jack, etc
  3. Basic networking hardware -- Duh, it included the current wifi and LAN
  4. Audio -- apparently some people are super convinced that a subwoofer in a 13" laptop can really change the world
  5. Environmental Impact about how it is free of anything harmful in the world

All at least 4 full scrollwheel flips before the actual processor/ram/video specifications....

Seriously...how amazed can one be when you are using hardware that even the manufacturer is embarassed by?
I'm still using a machine 2 years older than it, running Linux, that runs circles around it for easily half the price.

Macs work. They work well. They get amazing benefits from their BSD heritage but suffer amazingly stupid decisions like filesystem and hardware limitations. Core 2 Duo came out in 2006 and ceased being updated in 2008. Mac was like "Yeah boi look at this fantastic machine we can build you with over 2 year old hardware!" Fanbois unite.

I apologize for flaming....it is just super awesome to me sometimes the lack of experience required to be excited by the hardware and speed.
#9 - 2017-05-26 08:12:45 UTC
Hello,
same problem here. I tried the "find the wine folder-move to trash-download the new one" thing and it didn't work. Whatever I try, just keep starring at black wine screen. Used to be white wine screen before, thats the only change I got.
Forum Jump