Missions & Complexes

ratting carriers 100% nerfed

Author
Reverberation Project
#1 - 2017-05-08 05:37:06 UTC
I tried a Blood Port in Nidhoggur just to test it out, and soon as my drones are launched, the NPCs shoot the wimpy fighters at 3m each. It wouldn't even be economical if I just let them die.

Fighters in general are way too weak. Anyone want to buy a nidhoggur?
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2017-05-08 06:57:00 UTC
Well that just means you don't know how to use the fighters under the new system.
And if you kill stuff fast enough your drones won't take aggro; if you keep them orbiting they mitigate damage taken.
I'll give you 350 for it! :D
#3 - 2017-05-08 07:21:25 UTC
tree fiddy point oh one Cool
ChaosTheory.
#4 - 2017-05-08 12:54:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Henry Plantgenet wrote:
Well that just means you don't know how to use the fighters under the new system.
And if you kill stuff fast enough your drones won't take aggro; if you keep them orbiting they mitigate damage taken.
I'll give you 350 for it! :D

This.

If the op wants to sell his Carrier that's his loss, I'm watching my corp mates do ridiculous things with Carriers (Suoer Carriers are beyond ridiculas btw) and they figured out how to keep their fighters alive and make tons of isk. I still rat with sub-capitals (Machariel + Fleet Typhoon right now) because I don't like all that clicking, but I have done some carrier ratting and if anything it's overpowered.

Ronimil wrote:
I tried a Blood Port in Nidhoggur just to test it out, and soon as my drones are launched, the NPCs shoot the wimpy fighters at 3m each. It wouldn't even be economical if I just let them die.

Fighters in general are way too weak. Anyone want to buy a nidhoggur?

That...I don't even know what to call that lol. Lower level anomalies have smaller NPCs. Smaller NPCs are apply damage better and shred fighters which is why Carrier pilots stick to Sanctums, havens and forsaken hubs.

You put your carrier in the absolute worst anomalie a drone/fighter ship could be in , lost fights, then declared that there is something wrong with carriers lol. No, there is something wrong with the carrier pilot...
Reverberation Project
#5 - 2017-05-08 14:57:22 UTC
Have you actually ratted recently? Cause I ratted a month or two ago in a carrier and the rats took 2-3 mins to aggress. I do the Port last night and literally as soon as my fighters are launched they attack the fighters.

Dont think there's much that can be done there if cruisers/BCs immediately aggress fighters.
#6 - 2017-05-08 15:14:03 UTC  |  Edited by: guigui lechat
Try a forlorn den/rally point then.

THEN try a sanctum.

Just to be clear : navy wasps are eaten alive in a forlorn rally point by the battleships. yes, the BS track the wasps of a VNI with gall cr V.
They survive quite easily anything above hub.
Brothers of Tangra
#7 - 2017-05-08 16:14:29 UTC
Ronimil wrote:
Have you actually ratted recently? Cause I ratted a month or two ago in a carrier and the rats took 2-3 mins to aggress. I do the Port last night and literally as soon as my fighters are launched they attack the fighters.

Dont think there's much that can be done there if cruisers/BCs immediately aggress fighters.

WTB NSA?
Reverberation Project
#8 - 2017-05-08 17:04:51 UTC
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:
Ronimil wrote:

WTB NSA?

I have an NSA. I meant the RATS were taking 2-3 minutes to switch from me to the fighters. That's acceptable cause I killed all the rats, recall on next wave, let them target me and then launch.

Last night I had all the rats red boxing me, and as soon as I launched fighters they would switch targets. I tried several times to recall and relaunch, and same result.

Maybe I hit a bug, otherwise drones seem completely useless for ratting anymore.
ChaosTheory.
#9 - 2017-05-08 17:53:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Ronimil wrote:

Recently, you mean like last week (in a carrier, like I said, I don't carrier rat much).

You are missing the fact that you put your carrier into a "drone shredder" anomaly (aka and anom with lots of small NPCs) , watched you fighters get shredded, then made a thread about how bad carrier ratting is.

What I and others are saying is that you are simply doing it wrong, you should be in a more carrier friendly anom (sanctum, haven, forsaken hub etc). Do it right 1st and see if you like it, and if you don't then we can talk about what's wrong with it.

Edit: Watch this video, says it better than i can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7mYoO2tUbE
Elemental Tide
#10 - 2017-05-10 07:25:07 UTC
I dont have Carrier but:
Im ratting in RS. And i see that something had change on comabt sites couse now i cant just do it without watching drones healt.

Friend that im ratting with sometimes, have Thany.
And we ONLY do Heavens and Sanctums if he take Carrier. Sometimes he can even finish site before I destroy my first targets.

So - compare to what i see on Dens, Ports and Hubs when im doing it solo, and when im ratting with Carrier - The best, and only wise choise for Carrier ratting are Heavens and Sanctums couse they have much bigger and slower targets then smaller sites and Fighters are fast enought to destroy it in one - two pew pew before they even target them and ship.
Reverberation Project
#11 - 2017-05-10 14:26:11 UTC
I've never done a level 5 mission. How about those?