Issues, Workarounds & Localization

Entering warp next to the suns

Author
Villore Accords
#1 - 2017-05-10 20:46:31 UTC
This is an issue I have only just noticed with the new suns and is present (to my knowledge) on TQ only and I have not experienced the same thing on Sisi when the new suns where revealed.

When entering warp next to the new suns (I don't know the exact range limitation but its too big to be grid based I think) your ship will enter the warping graphical animation while still spooling up and aligning out, it REALLY break immersion and just feels so wrong since you lose all perspective of what is happening as you are effectively sitting still. Here is a video of it in action.

I am in the process of creating a bug report for it as well but was just wondering if other people have experienced the same thing, and if so what ranges are you finding it happening at (ie does it still happen at pings within 1au of the sun).

Wormholes worst badass | Checkout my Wormhole blog

Warped Intentions
#2 - 2017-05-15 21:22:21 UTC
I noticed this behavior last night. Warped to the sun and admired the view for a bit. When I warped out, the warp effect happened immediately, and through a fairly radical alignment. The way it happened didn't SEEM to be bug like though. I honestly thought that maybe this was an intended feature; maybe some kind of beneficial solar effect on warp fields or something. One can never be certain how the physics of New Eden are evolving in Iceland. :)

"The world ain't fair, there is no Santa Claus, and not everyone gets a F'n trophy just for showing up. Welcome to the real world. Welcome to Eve."