Alliance & Corporation Recruitment Center

LF Provi newbro corp

Author
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-05-14 12:36:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Rhegar Starfury
So... I don't really have a clue what I'm doing. I've scanned the forums. I've read up on a few sites. I've watched some stuff on Twitch. I feel a little overwhelmed with possibilities.

Things I'm interested in:

- Plant stuff
- PvP
- Missions
- Wormholes
- In-game politics

I'm located in the US, CST. I will hopefully be able to commit to several nights a week. I currently have 2 accounts, 1 with 8mil skill points (plex/injector) and the other at around 2mil skill points. I'm not sure if I've put them in the right place, but I'd tried to do my research.

If you're still here then thanks!
Atlas. Alliance
#2 - 2017-05-14 13:16:39 UTC
Hello!

May i ask how new are you to the game?

DTHI is welcoming to new players but if you are fresh out of the box i would recommend groups like karma fleet, pandemic horde, or brave newbies.

The specialize in taking brand new players and spinning them up into competent pilots.

With these groups ur going to mostly find PvP type things

Missions are mostly in HS and if you do mission you wont find a whole lot pvp or whs

WHs offer good pvp content but would be extremely difficult for a brand new player.

For in game politics, that mostly comes with climbing the social latter, not really a role you jump right into, many players spend years learning and making friends before taking up a role where you deal with space politics. Not to put you off the idea but just as something you should do as a goal rather than something you want to do or expect to do right away

If you feel pvp and ratting ect is more ur pace any of the groups above would be helpful

As for if you want to do more missions and stay in HS I wouldn't really know where to point you sadly, but many groups have helpful players and would give you an environment to missions and learn to basics before diving into nullsec

maybe even join a hs corp for few months to train up skills learn game mechanics and such then join a group like karma fleet or brave newbies ect.

Hope this helps!

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.” ― Robert A. Heinlein "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." ― Confucius 

Gallente Federation
#3 - 2017-05-14 13:53:58 UTC
Thanks for the quick response! I've done a few starter missions so far. I'm still in the original corporation that I started in.

I guess I can just google the listed groups for info on them?

I don't really intend on staying in High Security, it seems there is more currency to be made in Low Security, Null, and Wormhole.

I'll take your info and dig a little deeper.

Thank you again for the info!
Solyaris Chtonium
#4 - 2017-05-14 15:20:01 UTC
Corporation recruitment isn't really the place to ask for help, it's the place to search for a corporation.

"Not meaning to come off harsh, but looking through the forums I see it a lot." Forums have different sections for different reasons.

Krypted Gaming is looking for quality members!

Check out our guides at our website, and if you like what you see, drop by our Discord and socialize!

Gallente Federation
#5 - 2017-05-14 17:28:15 UTC
BearThatCares wrote:
Corporation recruitment isn't really the place to ask for help, it's the place to search for a corporation.

"Not meaning to come off harsh, but looking through the forums I see it a lot." Forums have different sections for different reasons.

Thanks for the solid info...

I am looking for a corporation. I'd just rather not waste anyone's time with pointless spam that isn't helping me or the corporation.
Penguin Mafia.
#6 - 2017-05-14 18:25:43 UTC
If you,re looking for a wh corporation,you should start with a c2 or a c1 with your amount of SP as well as your amount of experience in whs.They will teach you the basic and then you could upgrade and reach me later.
Ushra'Khan
#7 - 2017-05-15 08:03:09 UTC
If you want to get into pvp, try faction warfare.

Recruitment thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=496584
Greater D.U.S.K. Coalition
#8 - 2017-05-15 14:09:41 UTC
Greetings pilot
Without talking to you in person and getting a real feel for you I cannot comment on what your personal goals are in game.
However, I can tell you a bit about our corporation and you can decide to engage in further communication or not.

We are based in high sec, we do lots of industry and multiple mining operations per day. We use voice comms to maintain organisation and standing fleet for rapid reaction.
We operate in nearby null sec which we mine top end ores and have access to the planets there for the best PI in the game next to wormholes. And we regularly fly PVP patrol ops in null sec to maintain our territory.
We also run ratting in null sec and a few of us do scanning and exploration including work in wormholes.
We are a US/EU mixed group with 24/7 activity.

We help you learn on the fly with a lot of skilled veteran pilots. we are organised and goal orientated but also casual and chilled out. Real life comes first and this IS just a game. But we definitely have something going on for everyone at all times.

If you like the sound of that then please drop me a line in game or join our in game channel Unbound Recruitment to chat with us and get to know us.

Fly safe
Vukkei Combine
#9 - 2017-05-16 15:41:52 UTC
Hi there. Please forgive any spelling or extra periods, I'm on my phone right now and it's pretty ancient. Like the first responder said there are a lot of things that new players could do to go the normal route, bit I honestly think it's healthier to jump right into null or lowsec. Hisec has its uses, but people tend to stagnant there unless they find a really good Corp. Conversely in nullsec you can die pretty often and be turned off of the game. So it's best to.find a laid back Corp in low or null I think that can help compensate your losses and teach you how to minimize them.

As stated earlier, groups like horde, eve uni and brave newbies specialize in noobs, that's absolutely accurate, but Im not here to recruit for them so I'll give my pitch.

Quantum star conglomerate currently lives in the Providence region of nullsec. Providences inhabitants follow the nrds policy, or not red don't shoot, so despite it being lawless space most of the inhabitants won't attack you unprovoked unlike the rest of null. It's certainly not safe, as there are frequent raids and occasional wars, but the average system is safer than normal null, so it's a good stepping stone for newer players..we have the long term goal of going out into true nullsec to make a home for ourselves through our own strength and resolve, rather than the common practices of working under a large nullsec organization and being gifted space or paying for the right to live in someone else's space which are so common now.

As for your interests, I will assume you meant planet stuff, as in pi, and we have an organized pi buy back system as we build citadel structures, of which pi is a main component. So we will very happily teach you how to do it, and will then pay you for doing it. And you'd be able to see how your work.helped.the group by watching the citadel's go up in space. We also do regular pvp ops, usually small and medium gang, but we occasionally join the region wide defense fleets to get involved in larger fleets. We also do mining and pve operations as a group to make money and gather materials for our ships and capitals that we build in house.

We are primarily eu and us timezones, with a pretty even split at the moment, and we have an out of game communication channel, so you'll have people to fly with or talk to consistently.

I'll post my full ad for the Corp here if you want more details, and you are more than welcome to ask any questions here or in game if you need anything. O hope to hear from you soon, and I hope to fly with you soon after

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6941216#post6941216
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2017-05-17 11:11:46 UTC
Sorry about the lack of replies... RL work has been kicking my butt. I'll be going over replies/emails today with responses. Thanks all for the info and contact!
Vukkei Combine
#11 - 2017-05-17 16:58:51 UTC
Oh and about putting your SP in the right place, its hard to know whats "right" until you know what you want to do. When you join a corp they will generally have doctrines, for example we generally fly shield tanked ships with missiles or hybrid guns. Other corps fly armor ships with lasers or drones. It really depends. However your safest bet right now is to train up what are called core skills, basically anything that improves all ships, mostly skills that increase CPU, Powergrid, and capacitor of ships. Those are used on every single ship and allow you to use better fittings. If youd like i could send you a list of core skills if you cant find them yourself. Also generic skills like afterburners, high speed maneuvering, and navigation are very useful until you have a direction to head in.

Best of luck
Warped Intentions
#12 - 2017-05-17 23:21:03 UTC
Greetings Rhegar,

In order to help you on your journey within New Eden may I please present https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=518331&find=unread for your consideration.

It would seem we could help you find your path!

Kind Regards

Vex
Iron Armada
#13 - 2017-05-18 07:54:14 UTC
We Are, The ARMADA

Iron Armada is a small-gang too medium fleet focused, mercenary alliance, currently operating out of your refrigerator, led by our glorious leader Tridgit, the Poitot rorqual rider, first of his name, FC of our hearts and defender of the Wicked Pass.

We as a team, strive to build a strong community that enjoy PVP in EVE and are keen to hone their skills alongside like minded pilots, whether you are a bitter vet or a clueless newbro, we accept anyone with the WILL to fight!

We love to fight outnumbered and out gunned, and perform best under the hammer.

We offer:
- An EUTZ that is bloodthirsty and always on the hunt.
- An AUTZ that dominate when you are weakest.
- A USTZ that are relentless and always HUNGRY!
- CONTENT! (We are a wartime alliance, our pilots do not even know how to spell peece!)
- Dedicated leadership

Our prerequisites:
(These are not negotiable)
- Speak fluent english
- Have a mic/Teamspeak 3
- Provide a full API for all of your characters
- Follow the code of conduct
( http://i.imgur.com/Qgj0AFs.jpg )

What you're strapping yourself in for:
- Rabble to Rubble: A Tale of Jealousy and Betrayal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdUBIw5b32Y
- Iron Armada - Wicked Winter War with The Heathens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d6nxoco82U
- A compilation of us being silly nerds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJSEzmSA_k0
- The Billboard War: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5sBi97EBT4&t=0s

Feel free to join our Discord ( https://discord.gg/5eWmrCq ) or in game channel ( IronArmadaRecruitment ) for further details or to contact a recruiter.

To kick start the recruitment process, please fill out and submit this form ( https://goo.gl/forms/nXm6zNpLO1tHjo0M2 ).

We look forward too flying with you,
Iron Armada o7

The one and only aussie jackass, proud member and recruiter of Iron Armada!

Gallente Federation
#14 - 2017-05-19 15:10:20 UTC
After researching... watching... asking questions... and being lost... I've decided to look for a corp that has been a long-term Providence resident that has a spot for someone new and full of questions...

Thanks again for responses and info...

Vukkei Combine
#15 - 2017-05-19 21:02:35 UTC
Hey again. My corps been in Providence for a while now, though if you are looking for a group that is more of a permanent fixture than you'd probably want to be looking into groups in the CVA or Severance alliances. Im not sure about their recruitment and new player policies, but they probably have a least a few newbie friendly corps in there. Otherwise ill promote my own group again by saying that we've been here awhile and are very new player friendly, i prefer them in fact, it makes me seem smart when I can answer questions. We'd be leaving Providence eventually, but probably not anytime soon and you'd likely be sick of it anyways by the time we do, Provi isnt for everyone.
Ushra'Khan
#16 - 2017-05-20 12:34:35 UTC
Providence? bah.

Come join the Ushra'Khan. We've had a Providence presence since before Providence was a thing, though maybe not in the way you're asking.

Faction Warfare is the most fun you'll have in Eve. Certainly a lot more fun that carebearing around in Provi. Join us: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=496584
Ushra'Khan
#17 - 2017-05-20 12:35:33 UTC
Zee Zaugg wrote:
We'd be leaving Providence eventually, but probably not anytime soon and you'd likely be sick of it anyways by the time we do, Provi isnt for everyone.

Come join Minmatar faction warfare instead!
Vukkei Combine
#18 - 2017-05-20 13:06:33 UTC
Don't quote me to make a point to fool