Out of Pod Experience

4 Pages123Next pageLast page

11 Years come to an end.

Author
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-05-18 17:13:22 UTC
Started my account in 2006, played eve years before and fell in love with it, at the old days its graphics were something really new, and fantastic. I loved the atmosphere, the widescreen look which gave you the feel to be in a cool space movie, the big letters that appeared when you entered Warp Drive, giving you the feel NOW THIS IS IT.
AnyhowCool
And those tunes ! Not just ingame music of a great game, but real good ambient and trance techno, fitting great into the scenary. You even had a player to chose your favourite tracks and hear them as often as you like.
Everything was made with so much taste and art.

I tried to get into 0.0 but tbh it ended not well, never. It was like a mechanic visiting ballet school. Not my cup of tea anyhow.
Additionally i did not like the happiness of people when somone really lost precious things, and here we come closer to the topic: This hapiness wen more worse and worser over the years, at least thats my impression.
Here in Eve i saw things in the forums, i never saw somewhere else in that size: When people complained about ganking - while mining or at other occasions - and sometimes were obviously hurt, the forum ATE them up, with joy and happiness.
So you get pain ingame and when you complain you are made to the local idiot for 30.000 people.
Main comments were not new, stuff like:

"Get over it."
"This is EVE."
"Play something else."
"Whiner."
"Sissy."
"gay."
"haha."
"LOLZ."

and much more you still have every day here.

This means: the law of the strong was leading here, the weaker are wiped up. The oldest and most primitive law humans ever had in the beginning 3rd millenium.
Wow. I wondered how these people grew up, where they live, from what societies they come from.
There were very kind and good people also in game, but they were silent, didn't want to get into the crosshairs of gutter.

But what was even more worse to me was my own reaction to the scum that took control over the puplic opinion. In reality i always try to be something good for my fellow humans, friendly, helpful...trying to make the world at least around me a little better, dreaming the dream if everyone would do, how this world could be.
And justice and to help the poor/weak ones is always important to me. Living values, being a sort of model for these. Give love, not hate.
As life is, or as i am, i often fail, but..isn't there a saying, that it's not worse to fall, but not to stand up again ?

I played Eve with many breaks, some took years, some only a few months. From a certain point of time suddenly(to me at least) it was hard and harder to get along in Eve with people, so much little, stupid trouble because of nothing.
One of my weaknesses is, that i'm not only for justice, i NEED justice(all do but most people don't know obviously), so my will to be a civilized and good part of the world was always under fire ingame and it grew worse and more worse.
At some situations i was just a bundle of helpless hate, writing trembling the most shocking insults you might imagine, while my opponents really had a good time and they just continued with obviously big fun and joy.
It did not help that they just did what they learned in their social surrounding, and what they got theirselves. That we all are a mirror of our surrounding and our past, the bad emotions that stored in weeks and months broke through.
EVE gave me the feel in this point, that all morals, all tries to fight down the bad things all humans have inside..that this fight is lost always, that morals is just a joke, that when it comes down to what we really are, we are just flesh, meat, greedy, values just a trick to get advantages, and that the most lies we produce are the lies we do to our own person.

Click away EVE. Lean back. Close your eyes and breath deeply.
I was several times so amazed, what power a game can have about you, how it can bring so much sick **** out of you, you never found in other occasions, but in EVE.
EVE tought me what the saying means: "...brings out the worst of you."

6 weeks ago i returned to Eve after a longer break.
Since i don't use teamspeak or the like, because i prefer silence and quietness most of the time(don't have a tv or a smarthone) i asked for a corp where this is not needed. And where i don't have to pvp, i just wanted to mine.

"No will to live" answered.
I did not care to much for this name at that time.
Well i joined their public channel first, all seemed normal, answers took a bit long at times but i know, many players use a headset and are not used in typing anymore. Then i joined them and here it got worse. Most of the time i got no answer, when i wanted to know something i had to ask elsewhere or write a eve-mail. And they were present in the corp-chat. I often asked whats up..but nothing. Then they wanted to move into WH-space. Since this is pvp-area and i was not into that(what i said from the start) i did not show interest. 3 days after i joined they set up a new rule, ALL MEMBERS HAVE TO USE TEAMSPEAK !!

I just thought "no". Well it grew more worse and worse, nearly no communication and if so, in a rough tone. My boss in real life is not very nice but he's a good comrade compared to these people. I don't know what made me leave this sick corporation, we had trouble bigtime..maybe they show you the logs to proof how nice they are and i am not, i don't care.
For sure you will see many logs in this thread and when people judge you on such i'm always amazed how plain and simple the view on human being is, very most people have.
Anyway, i was tired of those and quitted. Many not so nice words were fallen but i was glad i got rid of those persons without will to live. I mean really, why didn't they call themselves "Shoehorns" ??
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2017-05-18 17:13:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Mangrasky
What happend was that they bullied me every time i came into Ala (from their description: "We are a small group of pilots who want to take a bit of space to call our own.") which was obviously the system they called their own..whenever i entered Ala, i got a bounty from their little dachshund Roakie Buchanan, he spent meanwhile 100 mills on me. and he bumped me out of the ice belt whenever i appeared there. I orbited then and it went better..he said in local that he likes when others change their playstile because of him.
Well i don't know with what his mom beats him in real life but it got trouble again and another person i never met before took party for roakie Buchanan.(as usual for the agressor, they simply cool) and then real bad things were spoken again.

At this point i was fed. It was not the first time that i met such people but i always tried to get along because EVE is - seen for itself - a really great game. But now its done, and i'm done with the game.
To many sickos, freaks, retards, ghettokids, all the scum that shuts its mouth and ducks down with fearful looks in reality, because they get punished all the time...all those social footnotes have their big gig in EVE Online.

But now without me, i transfered all biggers hips, resources, plex to a friendly and good guy, and i feel like i lost a big burden. Some colours return back into my life and i'm so relaxed, it feels very good.

Thanks to all people that were kind and fair to me(yes, there are quite some of those also), i hope i did not disappoint you to much while we knew us.
#3 - 2017-05-18 17:18:32 UTC
It's posts like this one that keep me coming back to these forums. I find they provide a very enlightening view into the human condition.

On an unrelated note OP, feel free to contract me your stuff since you will not be needing it.
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2017-05-18 17:20:09 UTC
Wanted to pick one from your list for a one-word reply. I particularly like "Sissy".

But mehh, mood passed towards the end. Vets would say you'll come back anyways. Hope the good fellow having your stuff will give loan on friendly terms. P

Elite F1 pilot since YC119, incarnate of honor, integrity and tidi.

ChaosTheory.
#5 - 2017-05-18 17:20:20 UTC
Good luck on whatever you do next, sorry you had a bad experience but the old saying is true. EVE just isn't for everyone (and that's totally ok).
NightSong Directorate
#6 - 2017-05-18 17:41:01 UTC
Funny, Every time I think about coming back I'll run into a post like this and it totally reminds me of all the things I hate about the game. And as you said you get "it's eve, get over it" So like you and probably many thousands of folks, we wait for another cool space MMO :)

ChaosTheory.
#7 - 2017-05-18 17:57:46 UTC
Drekkenn wrote:
Funny, Every time I think about coming back I'll run into a post like this and it totally reminds me of all the things I hate about the game. And as you said you get "it's eve, get over it" So like you and probably many thousands of folks, we wait for another cool space MMO :)

Other such games exist, and most of them protect players from the thigns EVE allows.

EVE players go and try them, find them to be boring as hell and come right back to dirty old EVE and it's mean players. The OP himself spent 11 years playing a game he didn't like when there have been various alternatives during that time (Black Prophecy, Star Trek Online, the Star Wars games and others).

I think that some folks fail to realize that multiplayer gaming is not really for them and so they blame the games or their communities instead.
#8 - 2017-05-18 18:03:51 UTC
There's Elite Dangerous (WIndows and Xbox One). Open or Solo mode, so its up to you. Fly safe.
#9 - 2017-05-18 18:06:31 UTC
Mangrasky, you are not alone in this. I totally understand you, the reasons that brought you to the point you are right now. All I can say is, I'm sorry you experienced this side of eve... even though it's not hard to experience this side of eve. It seems that 9 out of 10 people in eve are representing that side. I would advise you to take pleasure when meeting that 1 out of 10 people who play this game to help others, to experience eve together, but I fear it is too late for that.
So, all I can say now is good luck mate. I hope you find a game with a community that will not call you "sissy", "whinner", or anything bad for just trying to find your steps in it.
o7
#10 - 2017-05-18 18:12:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Vortexo VonBrenner
Why should anything that happens in a video game cause a person actual emotional pain? Seems to me some people take things in this game much too seriously.

Welp...gl in your future gaming endeavors, OP. I do hope you come back to EvE as you know it has a lot of interesting things to it...just don't let people upset you.

edit: Who cares what others say about you? Don't let it get to you. Nobody but you controls your reactions.
Limited Expectations
#11 - 2017-05-18 18:25:34 UTC
Can I have your stuff?

Aaanyway
I read some of this and... Jesus..

Somebody placed a bounty? Who cares, bounties don't work so they wasted money for nothing. Or maybe just liked you.
That's how I show affection. Actually I prefer shooting caldari navy antimatter and making fart noises on TS but you get the idea.

Bumped out of a belt? Ever thought of changing systems (there is like 10.000 of those) or hitting the orbit button (hard to bump)?

Null-bearing not a thing? Mine neither. Luckily there are other activities. HS is a tutorial zone.

Maybe online games are not for you at all? Personally I'd seek assistance if someone being mean in a tutorial zone (or on forums) would make me feel uncomfortable. That's human interaction, it's like it is. Eve still has one of the (if not the) most mature communities.
Fidelas Constans
#12 - 2017-05-18 18:44:50 UTC
Be the change you wish to see in the world of EvE
Working Stiffs
#13 - 2017-05-18 19:18:17 UTC
OP has only experienced the worst of EvE.

I have an alt in nulsec in a small corp, Yamagata Syndicate [-YS-], and having lots of fun doing whatever. Often that is mining and manufacturing, and sometimes it is PvP.

EvE is really about the people you choose to associate with.

If you are not having fun in EvE, or in a corp with horrible people, those are choices you've made.
#14 - 2017-05-18 19:25:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Firstly I wish the OP well wherever he goes next.

Secondly I think that he has never understood the nature of the game that he's been playing for a decade.

Eve is a PvP game, whether you want it or not, when you log in you consent to any PvP that finds you. If you whine about your losses in any other PvP game you'll get the same reaction as you get here; ridicule.

Ref: PvP "areas" : Wormholes are indeed a PvP zone, along with nullsec, losec and most importantly, because this is often the most misunderstood thing about Eve, hisec. There is no PvP free zone in Eve.

The strong lording it over the weak is one of mother nature's "laws", it happens in almost every terrestrial animal species. In the case of humanity the strong may wield influence or power which come in many forms, the major ones are forbidden topics on these forums, alternatively the strong may weaponise the weak and use them to gain influence and power, the latter half of the 20th Century provides numerous examples of all of the above.

I won't ask for your stuff, You'll be back.

Eve is like Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Those Infernal Machines
#15 - 2017-05-18 19:43:48 UTC
It's pretty easy to be left alone in Eve, find a quiet corner of high-sec, mine in peace, PVE in peace, or go exploring if you like the silence of space. There's plenty of decent people about in Eve, I always hear how it's cold, cruel and calculating out there, but like most things in life, if you go looking for it, or go into dark places - expect the worst from people in low-sec and null-sec, there is no reason for them not to attack you.

If you don't like a corporation, just leave - easy days. Move on.
Cannon.Fodder
#16 - 2017-05-18 19:51:23 UTC
... ok then..
as a 14 year vet, i'd like your stuff. I'll keep it safe until you return, oh and your sp's too, that would be great.

also wrong bloody forum

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

#17 - 2017-05-18 20:11:53 UTC
Live long and prosper 🖖

But since you will not be around anymore, can I have at least a small part of your belongings?
Limited Expectations
#18 - 2017-05-18 20:27:55 UTC
Drekkenn wrote:
another cool space MMO :)
There is this new thing called SC but if your goal is "friendly" community you might want to wait for something else.

Atm. there is only one space game with a 100% mature and laid back player base but it is still in beta and not "really" a mmo (yet) so you play it with 2 or 3 close friends. No matter how cute and safe-space'ish the game is, as soon as you make it into a mmo it's game over.

btw. I got griefed in minecraft when I was 15 so I know how OP feels
#19 - 2017-05-18 20:35:04 UTC
kbye. Good luck in the future.

Unlike others here, I'll not ask for your stuff. I do, however, have an empty character slot since you won't be needing you anymore.

Mr Epeen Cool

There are 86,400 seconds in a day. You just saved one of them by typing 'u' instead of 'you'.  Congratulations, dumbass!

LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#20 - 2017-05-18 20:58:26 UTC
If you can maintain your morals and not sink into the abyss in Eve, you can do it anywhere imo. Like real life, the choice is up to you.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

4 Pages123Next pageLast page