Market Discussions

 
 

Historic Prices on Plex.

Author
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2017-05-18 18:01:23 UTC
We are witnessing record setting historic prices on plex, 2.86m sell 2.83m buy orders. We're looking at 1,430,000,000 isk for plex and just days ago it was nearly 200 million isk less. This may have incredible unforseen impact of actually driving up the prices of the 30 days subscription, keeping it even further out of reach of the younger capsuleers.


Khara Hirl reporting from the Deep Space Freight, stay tuned for more opinion based commentary.
#2 - 2017-05-19 02:49:21 UTC
It's a frenzy! Same thing happens when stocks split.

I just sunk every liquid isk I had into plex tonight, so your numbers are now a bit low.

Plex is the new isk...isk is for poors.
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2017-05-19 04:04:08 UTC
Voddick wrote:
It's a frenzy! Same thing happens when stocks split.

I just sunk every liquid isk I had into plex tonight, so your numbers are now a bit low.

Plex is the new isk...isk is for poors.



I think you're correct, we may see people using on plex to trade soon!
#4 - 2017-05-19 05:37:14 UTC
Thanks, ghost training exploit that's not officially an exploit (yet)

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Invisible Exchequer
#5 - 2017-05-19 07:28:34 UTC
Its not just a split effect. The nuPLEX is a totally new product type, it has "more functions", so its more akin to a combined split and a hype cycle. (google gartner and hype cycle)..

Most new products behave like this, so the question is when will it peak and how deep will it tank. Personally I dont think we will see the correction until after the summer, since we have so much propping up the hype, and the added effect of AT tournament bidding, and potentially ghost training bug..

When the market cools off, I still suspect we will land under pre nuplex values, with zombie farming "dying", only unknown really seems to be how popular and used the vanity products from NEX store really is.

Caldari State
#6 - 2017-05-19 10:51:41 UTC
Caleb Ayrania wrote:
Its not just a split effect. The nuPLEX is a totally new product type, it has "more functions", so its more akin to a combined split and a hype cycle. (google gartner and hype cycle)..

Most new products behave like this, so the question is when will it peak and how deep will it tank. Personally I dont think we will see the correction until after the summer, since we have so much propping up the hype, and the added effect of AT tournament bidding, and potentially ghost training bug..

When the market cools off, I still suspect we will land under pre nuplex values, with zombie farming "dying", only unknown really seems to be how popular and used the vanity products from NEX store really is.




Only other thing to this that I could think of is if CCP decides to drop a super PLEX sale.
#7 - 2017-05-19 11:02:05 UTC
Alexi Stokov wrote:
Caleb Ayrania wrote:
Its not just a split effect. The nuPLEX is a totally new product type, it has "more functions", so its more akin to a combined split and a hype cycle. (google gartner and hype cycle)..

Most new products behave like this, so the question is when will it peak and how deep will it tank. Personally I dont think we will see the correction until after the summer, since we have so much propping up the hype, and the added effect of AT tournament bidding, and potentially ghost training bug..

When the market cools off, I still suspect we will land under pre nuplex values, with zombie farming "dying", only unknown really seems to be how popular and used the vanity products from NEX store really is.




Only other thing to this that I could think of is if CCP decides to drop a super PLEX sale.



I think we will see a new dynamic in PLEX sales.

Instead of 'pay 10% less IRL cash for your PLEX', I think we will see 'pay normal prices, get more PLEX than usual' as the default sale.

That conceivably allows higher % discounts.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

#8 - 2017-05-19 15:00:34 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Alexi Stokov wrote:
Caleb Ayrania wrote:
Its not just a split effect. The nuPLEX is a totally new product type, it has "more functions", so its more akin to a combined split and a hype cycle. (google gartner and hype cycle)..

Most new products behave like this, so the question is when will it peak and how deep will it tank. Personally I dont think we will see the correction until after the summer, since we have so much propping up the hype, and the added effect of AT tournament bidding, and potentially ghost training bug..

When the market cools off, I still suspect we will land under pre nuplex values, with zombie farming "dying", only unknown really seems to be how popular and used the vanity products from NEX store really is.




Only other thing to this that I could think of is if CCP decides to drop a super PLEX sale.



I think we will see a new dynamic in PLEX sales.

Instead of 'pay 10% less IRL cash for your PLEX', I think we will see 'pay normal prices, get more PLEX than usual' as the default sale.

That conceivably allows higher % discounts.



Yeah that's a how a lot of games do it. Get double the bonus plex or some **** like that. :)
Apocalypse Now.
#9 - 2017-05-19 21:17:23 UTC
Now you have to add in this new skill injector plan to the mix. Already prices for skill injectors are going up, since I saw the update on it about an hour or so after it was released, sell order prices are up about 12M or better per injector, not really that much, but it's only going up and the buy orders, aren't changing much. Meaning more and more are being bought than just sold to buy orders. I'm thinking both items will be going up for a while longer yet. CCP is killin it right now, making a LOT of money from us lol
Caldari State
#10 - 2017-05-19 22:17:32 UTC
James Zealot wrote:
Now you have to add in this new skill injector plan to the mix. Already prices for skill injectors are going up, since I saw the update on it about an hour or so after it was released, sell order prices are up about 12M or better per injector, not really that much, but it's only going up and the buy orders, aren't changing much. Meaning more and more are being bought than just sold to buy orders. I'm thinking both items will be going up for a while longer yet. CCP is killin it right now, making a LOT of money from us lol



Is this sp injector change a dev post? I'm missing this.
#11 - 2017-05-20 03:41:49 UTC
Tactical Narcotics Team
#12 - 2017-05-20 19:23:14 UTC
Don't know about you guys but I stockpiled plex before the change to incremental units anticipating this, plex is on track in continue increasing.
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2017-05-22 05:05:55 UTC
I think I am going to buy as many injectors as I can afford tonight, because we know the small injectors will be higher then a large injector (When you multiple by 5 of them) because they will be more popular thus causing the demand and supply theory going on there.

Hold onto those injectors, only took plex a week to hit its peek might want to sell at 4 days in.
#14 - 2017-05-22 08:33:03 UTC
Royce Catton wrote:
Don't know about you guys but I stockpiled plex before the change to incremental units anticipating this, plex is on track in continue increasing.



I'll buy them during the next (predictable) sharp drop.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Forum Jump