Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
2 Pages12Next page
 

Sell Nullsec System Names for Cash

Author
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2017-05-19 21:04:29 UTC
We all know CCP love that sweet Microtransaction cash. Allow us to name Non-Named nullsec systems for $5, but here is the glorious catch. People can buy renames as much as they like and only the latest purchase counts. This would net CCP tons of dank dollars by nullsec neckbeards trying to one-up each other by buying the name of CO2's Staging system :P
#2 - 2017-05-19 22:01:44 UTC
Ok.... A few question.

Who actually owns the system. I have rarely ever left High Sec, so I don't know how things work down in Null Sec, but if the system works the same in High Sec, you won't 'Own' a Null Sec system, because your Alliance fights off everyone else. There isn't actually a 'Feature' for Claiming systems, just whoever can fight off everyone else says they own it.

So then, who would actually 'Own' and have 'Claim' on the system, to be able to rename it? This thing goes into all the Mechanics about how Claiming a System works, and how someone else can contest that claim, and so on.

So which person would actually be able to buy the Renaming 'Item' to Rename the system, and what would be the rules about it? Could they name it anything they wanted? Or would they not be allowed to use Racist names, swears, and other offence names? How about no using Copyrighted Names? Like Firefly?

If going so far to rename Systems, why not Regions?
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2017-05-19 22:25:32 UTC
RainbowDashC22 Shiratori wrote:
Ok.... A few question.

Who actually owns the system. I have rarely ever left High Sec, so I don't know how things work down in Null Sec, but if the system works the same in High Sec, you won't 'Own' a Null Sec system, because your Alliance fights off everyone else. There isn't actually a 'Feature' for Claiming systems, just whoever can fight off everyone else says they own it.

So then, who would actually 'Own' and have 'Claim' on the system, to be able to rename it? This thing goes into all the Mechanics about how Claiming a System works, and how someone else can contest that claim, and so on.

So which person would actually be able to buy the Renaming 'Item' to Rename the system, and what would be the rules about it? Could they name it anything they wanted? Or would they not be allowed to use Racist names, swears, and other offence names? How about no using Copyrighted Names? Like Firefly?

If going so far to rename Systems, why not Regions?



...

Please don't post in nullsec related threads if you have literally no idea that the sovereignty system even exists, let alone how it works.


OP, no. Systems have history, and I really don't want to have to work out which of the fifty different variations on IM GAY is actually our staging system.
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2017-05-19 22:27:53 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
OP, no. Systems have history, and I really don't want to have to work out which of the fifty different variations on IM GAY is actually our staging system.

CCP don't care.
Limited Expectations
#5 - 2017-05-19 23:14:47 UTC
Maybe "official codenames" that show under system name but on map it's still same...? People who own the system could change it just like station name, in WH anchoring a keepstar would allow to give a codename.

For example there is a system 0SHT-A which I'd name "oh sh*t".
On second thought looking at some station names maybe that's a bad idea.
#6 - 2017-05-20 00:45:20 UTC
I really don't want to have to set my destination to the system "gay butthead McButthead face".
#7 - 2017-05-20 06:27:00 UTC
Nope and they have names even if they are only few random letters and numbers

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

#8 - 2017-05-20 07:09:28 UTC
https://www.poitot.com/

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

Gallente Federation
#9 - 2017-05-20 22:17:34 UTC
It will be abused, i m sure of this.
What keeps me to buy them all and name all of them "Jita".
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2017-05-20 23:01:40 UTC
Atomeon wrote:
It will be abused, i m sure of this.
What keeps me to buy them all and name all of them "Jita".

Another player can buy the licence for $5 and re-name it. There is no minimum duration. This way CCP will make lots of money!

Also, it would be obviously require systems to have unique names. It's obviously implied.
Shadow Cartel
#11 - 2017-05-21 00:52:08 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Lothros Andastar wrote:
Atomeon wrote:
It will be abused, i m sure of this.
What keeps me to buy them all and name all of them "Jita".

Another player can buy the licence for $5 and re-name it. There is no minimum duration. This way CCP will make lots of money!

Also, it would be obviously require systems to have unique names. It's obviously implied.

Cool.

So if 100 people in a several thousand-person alliance chipped in $5 every month or so, they could effectively rename entire regions of systems?
And in doing so, said alliance could potentially cause untold and endless frustration and tedium for other players who are attempting to navigate through said areas of null-sec.

Sure. Why not.

Because everyone would **totally** enjoy experiencing said frustration and tedium that serves no actual gameplay purposes.
Roll

(for the record, that last line was sarcasm)
Limited Expectations
#12 - 2017-05-21 05:13:40 UTC
I'd love to spend 20 minutes trying to find Jita among JIta, Jlita (I and L), J1ta, Jiita, Jite and so on.
#13 - 2017-05-21 16:06:39 UTC
what iteration of this idea is this btw?

Anyway, the only way it could work....or should work....

Is like it is in some systems, even in highsec.....you have the planet name for example Planet VII of (system) but there is a name also in () next to it.

That i think could work.....keep the original nullsec(star) desigantion, but in () have the sov holder official (set by executor of course) system name next to it if one exists. There fore we the players can not be confused trying to navigate, and the star system gets a name.
If the next sov holder dislikes the name....sure let them pay cash (or plex in the NES) for the item to rename it to what they want.

B-R5RB(Forgotten Wallet), as an example.
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2017-05-21 17:43:52 UTC
Max Deveron wrote:
what iteration of this idea is this btw?

Anyway, the only way it could work....or should work....

Is like it is in some systems, even in highsec.....you have the planet name for example Planet VII of (system) but there is a name also in () next to it.

That i think could work.....keep the original nullsec(star) desigantion, but in () have the sov holder official (set by executor of course) system name next to it if one exists. There fore we the players can not be confused trying to navigate, and the star system gets a name.
If the next sov holder dislikes the name....sure let them pay cash (or plex in the NES) for the item to rename it to what they want.

B-R5RB(Forgotten Wallet), as an example.

No, you are overcomplicating it. Nothing to do with Sov, just anyone can pay $5 to rename any code-nullsec or WH system.
DARKNESS.
#15 - 2017-05-22 06:27:35 UTC
Lothros Andastar wrote:
No, you are overcomplicating it. Nothing to do with Sov, just anyone can pay $5 to rename any code-nullsec or WH system.

Meaning a random muppet in Delve can pay 5€ and rename a system in Deklein, Oasa, Feythabolis or Syndicate just because and cause the people there a lot of hassle and coerce them into paying another 5€ to return the original name or at least change it into something less offensive/obnoxious? Yeah, sure, that sounds like a really great mechanic. Roll And a wonderful new money grab for CCP.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Limited Expectations
#16 - 2017-05-22 06:55:32 UTC
Why not make it an into isk sink. You could still pay with cash (>plex>isk) but it could possibly remove trillions from the game. Pay it to concord or whatever.
#17 - 2017-05-22 13:32:25 UTC
If we had a time machine... the first to claim sov for a system and hold it for a month could have been able to set the name of they system and have it be permanent.

But... that ship sailed. No reason to change anything now. I hate the letter/number designations in null sec... but they are what they are at this point.
Goonswarm Federation
#18 - 2017-05-22 13:46:31 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
And a wonderful new money grab for CCP.

Exactly. No reason why CCP shouldn't introduce it.
CODE.
#19 - 2017-05-22 14:20:27 UTC
To be honest, it does not make a stupid idea look better just because you make an appeal to CCPs wallet.
Caldari State
#20 - 2017-05-23 20:19:26 UTC
That would be hell for people who roam through space often.

"Everyone set dest for MTO-2, align outgate"
"FC break"
"Go for FC"
"My nav won't find MTO-2, I looked on a map and it's called Deez-Nutz now."
"****... sigh... very well everyone set dest for deez-nutz..."

I mean, it'd be funny, but it would totally screw with people's ability to navigate through space that they're supposed to be familiar with by living in/around/near it.
2 Pages12Next page
Forum Jump