Topic is locked indefinitely.

WTH happend to Nathan Richardsson ??

Author
Executive Outcomes
#1 Posted: 2012.03.26 13:48
were is he ?

and if you dont kow him look here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDTmrbHqlhk
Goon Tears are best tears, because they're 25% alcohol by volume!
Otherworld Empire
#2 Posted: 2012.03.26 13:59
Not sure he's with CCP any longer, he left his postition in January.

Either way he's been way too quiet for an awesome person like himself!

/c
★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★
Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'
Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar
#3 Posted: 2012.03.26 14:16
He was a massive symbol for veteran players, and it's really disappointing that he's gone. I'm pretty sure he quit quietly last year, but his linkedin suggests he officially left in January. I half expected him to be at Fanfest anyway.
Executive Outcomes
#4 Posted: 2012.03.26 17:30
thats a shame , he was really a great guy and always fun on fanfest
Pandemic Legion
#5 Posted: 2012.03.26 17:37
He is no longer with CCP. No drama involved AFAIK. Beyond that, it's not for me to say. He's an awesome dude. Cool
Mercenary Coalition Boss
CCP Game Designer
CSM6 Delegate & CSM7 Chairman
Pandemic Legionnaire

Follow Seleene on Twitter!
Caldari State
#6 Posted: 2012.03.26 18:00
I remember Oveur!

Back when I was still a relative new player, he jumped into the SWA channel and was talking with us players. My momentary claim to fame was emoting *hands Oveur an alcoholic drink.* and he emoted back by accepting it and giving thanks. I remember watching a video of him wearing a pink wig, though forgot the reason. And then I remember him at a fan fest talking about his desire to allow players to create pocket dead space "dungeons" for other players to explore and die to, followed by his desire to have the "Totalhelldeath" (or something similar) before the video ending with the CEO Hilmar shooing him off the stage.

Never met him, but did seem like a good guy.

Bummer he left the company. Sad
#7 Posted: 2012.03.26 18:15
I miss Oveur, especially back in ye olden days when he'd forum ***** it up with the best of them. I wonder if he still plays EVE.
#8 Posted: 2012.03.26 18:29  |  Edited by: Ordais
Yea, it was strange this year. So many new faces at CCP, missing alot of the old ones (well, some REALLY old ones came back on stage).

I always liked Oveur because he represented the "hardcore view" on the game. But it was visible the last years that he didn't really care about EvE anymore, he was more into other pet-projects, like DUST and Vampires. He also admited not playing EVE anymore for years.

Sad that he had to go quietly, it would have been cool for him to show up for his last Fanfest. But what do we know, maybe he was another victim of the "restructuring". He was AFTER ALL the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER responsible for the general direction of EvE, Dust and WoD.

It didn't pan out, if something like that happens it can kill your motivation and you go for another job to start fresh.
#9 Posted: 2012.03.26 18:34
Hopefully all the new faces don;t have the mindset of

"Lets make EVE easier for people so it will turn into a huge game like WoW"

You can just **** off with that idea.
...Can't. Tell. If ...Troll? Or Serious....

Butt Hurt about Harrasment? Read first GM post: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=88362&find=unread
#10 Posted: 2012.03.26 18:39
Maybe he stopped drinking then looked around.... Shocked

Executive Outcomes
#11 Posted: 2012.03.26 20:54
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Maybe he stopped drinking then looked around.... Shocked

hahaha this prolly is it
#12 Posted: 2012.03.26 20:57
I didn't even realize he had parted ways with CCP. He hasn't been that visible here for a long time.

Regardless, I wish him the best. Hopefully he found a fresh project that he is still excited about.
Fatal Ascension
#13 Posted: 2012.03.26 21:18
Definitely sad to see Oveur gone, in Eve's early days he was pretty much the face of Eve more so than anyone else. It's been pretty obvious that he's been less and less involved over the past 2-3 years. I wish the guy well and hope he does well in whatever he decides to do now.
#14 Posted: 2012.03.26 21:24
Maybe he wanted to play EVE again?
If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.
#15 Posted: 2012.03.27 04:12
Dev do play EvE...just not openly.
Gallente Federation
#16 Posted: 2012.03.27 08:08
Wow, I really wish I hadn't come across this thread. I asked about him in IRC the other day and someone told me he was in China helping out. I didn't know he was actually just not at CCP anymore :( I remember he used to log onto IRC and would answer PM's and everything before Beta even began. Oveur was awesome.
Gallente Federation
#17 Posted: 2012.03.27 10:43
Nooo! Not Oveur!

Another CCP Alumni who shall now sadly be missed along with the likes of Hammer, Fallout, Zyrm et al.
#18 Posted: 2012.03.27 21:32
Nathan aka Oveur is still awesome and he's doing OK... it is a shame he's no longer part of CCP but he will never be forgotten for the immense work and vision he put in at CCP during his time there (I think you'll agree)...