EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 Pages12Next page
 

Tutorial lenght

Author
Brothers of Tangra
#1 - 2012-04-11 18:42:11 UTC
Can anyone tell me how long much hours will go into the tutorial?

http://evesigs.b-accent.com/91884041.jpg

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, FAITH IS ESSENTIAL

Point Blank Alliance
#2 - 2012-04-11 19:23:05 UTC
The tutorial is subdivided into several "topics" such as military, industry, exploration, etc. Each one is a series of 10 or so missions, each taking 5-10 minutes each. If you run every single part of the tutorial, it's going to run you several hours, though it largely varies from person to person and depends on how quickly you can grok some concepts or how quickly you can get questions answered.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

#3 - 2012-04-11 19:24:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Xercodo
Depends on your speed of comprehension but if you take your time and do all the career agents it could take a couple days of playing a few hours.

Most of that time is doing those career agents; each agent should have about 10 missions to go on and I'd say that each agent will average about 3 hours each (5 agents: Military, Industry, Exploration, Advanced Military, Business and assuming that each mission takes about 15 minutes) but of course some will be longer and other be shorter.

The Drake is a Lie

Caldari State
#4 - 2012-04-12 02:43:02 UTC
Of the tutorials the only one I consider essential is the military tutorial.

You can get by without a deep understanding of most of the rest of the tutorial concepts.

Still give all of them a shot, you may find something you like.

There is a fine line between a post and a signature.

Brothers of Tangra
#5 - 2012-04-12 05:48:49 UTC
Thx guys for the input

So i guess it will take me about 6-7 hours total at the speed i am doing it now. Doesn't matter sundays is were i am gonna put in some time.

Again, thx for the fast response, seems like these forums are better then any i've been on so far, no flaming no nothing, just straight to the point.

http://evesigs.b-accent.com/91884041.jpg

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, FAITH IS ESSENTIAL

#6 - 2012-04-12 09:50:19 UTC
Oh, there's plenty of flaming and sniping in the other bits, but this is the place where we try to enlighten new people about some of the aspects of the...learning cliff... that is part of EVE.

Do not be mistaken, quite a few people here would not hesitate about shooting you in the face in-game if you give them half the chance... Blink

Highsec isn't "Safe".  Neither is it a playground for bullies and bottomfeeders. So stop complaining and start playing the game already.

#7 - 2012-04-12 13:39:56 UTC
People tend to avoid this for trolling opportunities.

If they try to troll you by giving you bad advice. We tend to troll them for giving you bad advice.

Most answers here are pretty cut and dry so its harder to muddle it.
Point Blank Alliance
#8 - 2012-04-12 15:25:44 UTC
Grikath wrote:
Do not be mistaken, quite a few people here would not hesitate about shooting you in the face in-game if you give them half the chance... Blink

Confirming.

If you make it to the wrong side of my guns, I will shoot you in the face, then proceed to give you advice if I realize you're a newbie. The shooting in the face still happens though. It's sort of what guns and faces are for.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Brothers of Tangra
#9 - 2012-04-12 19:31:28 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Grikath wrote:
Do not be mistaken, quite a few people here would not hesitate about shooting you in the face in-game if you give them half the chance... Blink

Confirming.

If you make it to the wrong side of my guns, I will shoot you in the face, then proceed to give you advice if I realize you're a newbie. The shooting in the face still happens though. It's sort of what guns and faces are for.



He man don't blame you i will be doing the same after i get done with this tutorial. Training my charachter now, kinda F'd up its in real timeSad

http://evesigs.b-accent.com/91884041.jpg

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, FAITH IS ESSENTIAL

Point Blank Alliance
#10 - 2012-04-12 19:52:27 UTC
Preacher Garra wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Grikath wrote:
Do not be mistaken, quite a few people here would not hesitate about shooting you in the face in-game if you give them half the chance... Blink

Confirming.

If you make it to the wrong side of my guns, I will shoot you in the face, then proceed to give you advice if I realize you're a newbie. The shooting in the face still happens though. It's sort of what guns and faces are for.



He man don't blame you i will be doing the same after i get done with this tutorial. Training my charachter now, kinda F'd up its in real timeSad

I find that awesome. It's a bit inconvenient when you need to train a million low level skills, but it's nice to set a 30 day skill and forget about it once you get to some of the higher rank skills. Remember: never let your skill queue run empty.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Brothers of Tangra
#11 - 2012-04-12 20:58:10 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Preacher Garra wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Grikath wrote:
Do not be mistaken, quite a few people here would not hesitate about shooting you in the face in-game if you give them half the chance... Blink

Confirming.

If you make it to the wrong side of my guns, I will shoot you in the face, then proceed to give you advice if I realize you're a newbie. The shooting in the face still happens though. It's sort of what guns and faces are for.



He man don't blame you i will be doing the same after i get done with this tutorial. Training my charachter now, kinda F'd up its in real timeSad

I find that awesome. It's a bit inconvenient when you need to train a million low level skills, but it's nice to set a 30 day skill and forget about it once you get to some of the higher rank skills. Remember: never let your skill queue run empty.



I will never stop training, if i am on eve i will be training while playing, if not then still training, thats hint number one you get in this game, guess that was for a reason, so i will keep doing that.
30 day skills damn!!!!, ah well that will be after i am subscribed

http://evesigs.b-accent.com/91884041.jpg

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, FAITH IS ESSENTIAL

Point Blank Alliance
#12 - 2012-04-12 21:47:45 UTC
Preacher Garra wrote:
30 day skills damn!!!!, ah well that will be after i am subscribed

I am currently training Salvaging V, which has 16 days left. Other assorted things I can (and should) train:

  • Drone Interfacing V - 25 days
  • Warfare Link Specialist V - 23 days
  • Caldari Cruiser V - 25 days
  • Covert Ops V - 19 days
  • Logistics V - 25 days


... and others. This is why everyone says patience matters. Welcome to Eve. Smile

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Brothers of Tangra
#13 - 2012-04-13 03:12:13 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Preacher Garra wrote:
30 day skills damn!!!!, ah well that will be after i am subscribed

I am currently training Salvaging V, which has 16 days left. Other assorted things I can (and should) train:

  • Drone Interfacing V - 25 days
  • Warfare Link Specialist V - 23 days
  • Caldari Cruiser V - 25 days
  • Covert Ops V - 19 days
  • Logistics V - 25 days


... and others. This is why everyone says patience matters. Welcome to Eve. Smile


Covert ops sounds great

http://evesigs.b-accent.com/91884041.jpg

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, FAITH IS ESSENTIAL

Brothers of Tangra
#14 - 2012-04-13 06:19:13 UTC
Does anybody know why i can't access the whole forum?

Does it have anything to do that i am on the 14 day trial version?

http://evesigs.b-accent.com/91884041.jpg

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, FAITH IS ESSENTIAL

Point Blank Alliance
#15 - 2012-04-13 06:37:30 UTC
Preacher Garra wrote:
Does anybody know why i can't access the whole forum?

Does it have anything to do that i am on the 14 day trial version?

Yep. Trial accounts are restricted to posting in this section of the forums.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

#16 - 2012-04-13 06:54:44 UTC
I'm very close to finishing Gallente Cruiser 5 myself, my third one :P

The Drake is a Lie

Caldari State
#17 - 2012-04-13 09:52:51 UTC
One thing to add, running all the tutorials will leave you with a few ships and enough ISK to get you started. Repeat these at the other 2 starter areas for your race and you will have a good start to your new chosen career(s).

Ding a ding dang my dang along ling long

Brothers of Tangra
#18 - 2012-04-13 17:25:31 UTC
Kaneda Kurosawa wrote:
One thing to add, running all the tutorials will leave you with a few ships and enough ISK to get you started. Repeat these at the other 2 starter areas for your race and you will have a good start to your new chosen career(s).


Thx for the tip, i will keep that in mind

http://evesigs.b-accent.com/91884041.jpg

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, FAITH IS ESSENTIAL

Caldari State
#19 - 2012-04-13 19:01:37 UTC
Preacher Garra wrote:
Does anybody know why i can't access the whole forum?

Does it have anything to do that i am on the 14 day trial version?


As stated trial account cannot access the rest of the forum
This was done to stop spammers from signing up a trial account and spamming the entire eve online forum
This is the only forum where you really see isk sellers spamming.
As everyone will tell you, 90% of isk sellers just want to get your credit card or account and loot it, 100% of isk sellers are illegal and you risk CCP retribution, provided you still have your account / aren't spending your time talking with your bank trying to reverse 100 thousand dollars worth of credit card fraud.
Only legal equivalent to RMT is PLEX

There is a fine line between a post and a signature.

Brothers of Tangra
#20 - 2012-04-14 00:46:07 UTC
Culmen wrote:
Preacher Garra wrote:
Does anybody know why i can't access the whole forum?

Does it have anything to do that i am on the 14 day trial version?


As stated trial account cannot access the rest of the forum
This was done to stop spammers from signing up a trial account and spamming the entire eve online forum
This is the only forum where you really see isk sellers spamming.
As everyone will tell you, 90% of isk sellers just want to get your credit card or account and loot it, 100% of isk sellers are illegal and you risk CCP retribution, provided you still have your account / aren't spending your time talking with your bank trying to reverse 100 thousand dollars worth of credit card fraud.
Only legal equivalent to RMT is PLEX



Do not use a creditcard though so i will be fine. thx for the warning though

http://evesigs.b-accent.com/91884041.jpg

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, FAITH IS ESSENTIAL

2 Pages12Next page
Forum Jump