baltec1 wrote: Salvos Rhoska wrote:
1) 40-50mil. Jesus...
That will wreck the T3C market.
Is that for just the hull, or including subsystems?
Including. It's a fair price to pay.
2) There isnt much space between T1s and specialised cruisers.
Many are asymmetrically aligned with pros/cons for that specialisation.
Doyldoesnt leave much space for a swiss-army knife.
There is a 300 power grid difference between the thorax and the demos as well as several differences in bonuses. There is plenty of wiggle room to play with.
3) What kind of PvE content could a T3C in your proposal comfortably run?
What DEDs, escalations, WH content?
Roughly the same as can be done with a navy cruiser.
4) What about training time into a T3C?
Not much change needed.
5) Why should such a gimped cruiser not be able to cloak/null simultaneously?
Because it makes it impossible to catch.
1) Is it even possible to reduce the cost of a T3C and subsystems to a 40-50mil cost?
Wont that utterly wreck the market?
Why punish manufacturers/material sourcers?
Who would even buy the POS ships your changes make of T3Cs?
Would you buy one? For what purpose?
2) PG is only one aspect of the existing differential between T1 and specialized cruisers.
There are resist profiles, speeds, sigs, slots, etc that offer far more diversity across all cruiser classes, than the T3C in your proposal.
3) VNI can run a 5/10 with extreme difficulty (probably several warp outs and drone losses) and looong completion time, forget about it with other navy cruisers. If the T3C in your proposal cant match even that, that relegates them to HS 4/10s which other cruisers can already run even better.
WH activity would be limited to C2 at most, and even that is a stretch.
4) Atleast, all T3C skills should be refunded (especially to stop extractor prices going through the roof)
Only an idiot would skill into a T3C therafter, with no fleet use, and all other cruisers having better tank/dps to compete.
EVE has never seen a class nerf as severe as the one you propose.
You want to kill a class, just so you wont use them in fleet PvP.
5) After your change, T3Cs are a T1-Navy cruiser that cant even run any content in NS.
Wtf are you afraid of?
What are they going to do?
Attack a miner in NS and gets hotdropped by your ton of potatoes?
After your change, not even an idiot will run these ships in NS.
Worse than that, nobody will use them AT ALL.
Your change will not only kill the class, it will kill all the content it provides as well as the market that supplies it.All this, just so YOU WILL NO LONGER FIELD T3Cs IN YOUR NS FLEETS :D
If the changes you propose go through, I propose that all T3Cs should thereafter be referred to as "Baltecs"
Ie: Completely useless pieces of space trash that only an idiot would consider valid.
PvP fleets wont want you.
You can run HS 4/10s worse than a Pirate cruiser.
Navy cruisers will kick your teeth in PvP.
May that be your legacy.