EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2008-12-27 02:55
  • First Forum Visit: 2011-09-14 13:38
  • Number of Posts: 11,026
  • Bounty: 0 ISK
  • Likes Received: 0

Jenn aSide

Security Status 5.0
  • Shinigami Miners Member since
  • Test Alliance Please Ignore Member since

Last 20 Posts

  • [March] Balance Tweaks: Fighters, Supercarriers & Burst Projectors in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Pesadel0 wrote:
    So basically you nerf the figthers in sig and in agroo but dont give even a bit of HP or something?


    That's a big issue.

    Does any one know, do the the Drone Durability Enhancer rigs affect fighters? I know the description says so but thats from back before the fighter changes.

    If it does I might have a use for some of those "uselss" capital BPCs I've aqquired over the years Cool

  • [March] Balance Tweaks: Fighters, Supercarriers & Burst Projectors in EVE Technology and Research Center

    I'm not a Carrier Ratter, I can do it but I don't like it, I prefer to use sub caps in null. My Mach can do anomalies and then do DED escalations without having to refit (and a carrier can't fit through a DED's gate lol). So this nerf to Carrier ratting is good for me personally.

    But I disagree with it as long as there is no change to AFK Drone ratting first (ie ratting with anything that can field heavy drones, from the VNI and Ishtar to the Eos and Myrm and others). At least the Carrier jocks are at their computers making isk, the afk ratter many times isn't, and it's easy because of how things work. I know, I run a couple VNI toons doing lesser anoms while also ratting wth my Mach in better anomalies, I only have to tab over to the VNIs twice an hour to keep the gravy train running.

    Not like I want you all (CCP) to nerf me, I'm not a sadist lol. But honesty demands I say this. You shouldn't be nerfing active PVE isk making while leaving AFK ratting intact, this is completely backwards to what you should be doing.

  • so this is there real future for new players? gate camp? in EVE Communication Center

    What you just ran headlong into, Teckos, isnt a wall (even if it seems like it), it's the natural human tendency to believe that people they don't like are "evil" (thus making them feel better about themselves because they can think of themselves as the "good guy"). They NEED that, because to think that someone would choose to play a video game different from them is just too much to handle.

    It's stupid as hell, but lots of things about humans are that way too lol.

    The irony of it all is that the people who think "others" (gankers, gate campers, scammers, whatever) are bad people are also the people who tend to be victimized by the same, whereas those of us who don't think so (or just don't care, why would I give a damn about what some other nerd is doing on his computer?) tend to take precautions and be safe from whatever it is they could do to us...

  • Lv5 Amarr Missions Ship Types in EVE Gameplay Center

    Rollie Pollie wrote:
    I've been told the DPS from the missions are pretty severe. Passive tank can keep up well enough?

    Also would Rattlesnake be better? Do you skip non-pirate faction missions?


    Rattlesnake is doable, Marauder is easier.

    With the Passive Snake you work it like you do in a wormhole , put out a mobile depot and switch from damage mods to Shiled Power Relays (SPrs) and back again as needed.

    There IS also an expensive active tank LvL5 mission Rattlesnake fit I have used. It works well but cost about 1.7 bil and requires a partial high grade crystal set (all but the omega) and 2 +5 cap hardwirings. It's a beast though, takes more than a small gang on PVPr's to kill her.

    [Rattlesnake, Deadeye P]
    Damage Control II
    Capacitor Flux Coil II
    Capacitor Flux Coil II
    Capacitor Flux Coil II
    Capacitor Flux Coil II
    Capacitor Flux Coil II

    Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
    Gist X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
    Gist A-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
    Pithum B-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
    Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
    Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
    Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

    Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Cruise Missile
    Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Cruise Missile
    Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Cruise Missile
    Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Cruise Missile
    Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Cruise Missile
    Shadow Serpentis Large Plasma Smartbomb

    Large Semiconductor Memory Cell II
    Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I
    Large Core Defense Operational Solidifier I

    Hornet EC-300 x5
    Gecko x1
    Ogre II x2
    Berserker II x2
    Inferno Fury Cruise Missile x3000
    Scourge Fury Cruise Missile x3000
    Caldari Navy Scourge Cruise Missile x3000
    Caldari Navy Inferno Cruise Missile x3000

    Cap stable against 200 GJ per second of cap draining. I didn't make it, I stole it from this Solo C6 wormhole rattlesnake video (once you realize that lvl 5missions are basically like wormhole sites, you are halfway there lol).

  • Pirate Battleships & Absurd Ganker Arguments in EVE Communication Center

    Arthur Aihaken wrote:
    At some point we need to have a serious discussion about the use of "there", "they're" and "their"...


    Sure we can, right after we have one about how supposedly grown people can by petty like that.

  • Pirate Battleships & Absurd Ganker Arguments in EVE Communication Center

    Arthur Aihaken wrote:
    Is ganking good for EVE? Probably not?


    What are you basing this opinion on? CCP has specifically contradicted this idea in the past.

    I think Ganking is very good for the game, and these anti-ganker types prove it.

    First, it creates danger. Danger (whether people want to admit it or not) is why we are playing a video game about space, even though they pretend that what they really want is Comfort. Thing is, if people hated 'ganking', why do they keep playing here instead of the many MMOs that restrict that kind of behavior (even space theme'd games like Star Trek Online and now, Elite:Dangerous with it's private community mode)?

    Secondly, it helps EVE by giving certain types of people something to hate. That's where these anti ganker folks come in, without ganking , would they just go on their merry way? Nope, they'd find something else to hate, because they need something to hate, it's part of their personalities.

    Danger and something to hate, those are things that bind people to EVE Online, it's why these people don't go play other games as much as they play EVE despite the fact that all they do is complain about EVE and about how horrible 'griefers' are.

    It's why I don't hate gankers even though when in high sec I take many precautions against the practice. I don't just need something to hate to feel like I'm alive, I'm happy killing NPCs (which i do hate, down with Sansha and his BS).

    Also, TBH I appreciate the fact that gankers exist because in addition to riling up the kind of whiney, entitled, cluless players that I personally have no love for, they also enrage the holier than thou ,crusading, "will someone please think of the children" spaceship SJWs that I honestly cannot stand (I don't need to hate them to enjoy the game...but I'll admit, it's a nice bonus). So right there, gankers are improving my EVE experience Twisted

  • Pirate Battleships & Absurd Ganker Arguments in EVE Communication Center

    Well, this has turned into you standard General Discussion thread.

    Step one: Some overly emotional poster with a huge (and I mean HUGE) emotional chip on his/her shoulder posts some only semi-coherent BS built on biased ideas with not one shred of actual evidence.

    Step two: Other posters show up and refute the OPs nonsense, complete with links to actual data and evidence (enough of it in fact to actuall win a Civil lawsuit in most courts of law)

    Step three: Backfire Effect happens and the OP is somehow assured that the BS they already beleive is more true now than before they posted, else "why would all of these gankers have showed up to argue". Sidenote, even if you aren't a ganker and don't like gankig, you are a "ganker" for the OP's purposes...


    Yea, I find it all funny. That some probably grown person, probably a dude, who is terribly upset is sitting right now in fromt of some kind of computer typing FURIOUSLY about how terrible it is that some other probably grown probably male person is also sitting in front of a computer playing a video game within the well and long established rules of that game. How dare someone play within the rules!!!

    And all this instead of simply not playing a game that has rules that allow behavior you don't like. In plain English, if you don't like (or cannot tolerate) "ganking" among other things that have been allowed since DAY freaking ONE, 14 years ago, choosing to play EVE Online marks one as a dumbass.

    I simply can't fathom the level of mental instability one would have to have to upset about any of this...

  • Lv5 Amarr Missions Ship Types in EVE Gameplay Center

    I've done it with sub caps but not in amarr space. I got some fits off a discussion at Reddit and turns out they do work,'


    [Vargur, passive pve shield]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Tracking Enhancer II

    EM Ward Amplifier II
    Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II
    Shield Boost Amplifier II
    EM Ward Amplifier II
    X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 400
    X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 400

    800mm Repeating Cannon II, EMP L
    800mm Repeating Cannon II, EMP L
    800mm Repeating Cannon II, EMP L
    800mm Repeating Cannon II, EMP L
    Bastion Module I
    [empty high slot]
    [empty high slot]
    [empty high slot]

    Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
    Large Processor Overclocking Unit I



    [Golem, passive pve shield]
    Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
    Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
    Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
    Damage Control II

    EM Ward Amplifier II
    Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II
    Shield Boost Amplifier II
    EM Ward Amplifier II
    Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II
    X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 400
    X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 400

    Cruise Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Cruise Missile
    Cruise Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Cruise Missile
    Cruise Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Cruise Missile
    Cruise Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Cruise Missile
    Bastion Module I
    [empty high slot]
    [empty high slot]
    [empty high slot]

    [empty rig slot]
    [empty rig slot]

    Use whatever rigs you want on the golem.

  • Pirate Battleships & Absurd Ganker Arguments in EVE Communication Center

    IB4L?

    A real good example here of someone seeing only what they want, and confusing facts.

    He mentions LP for pirate battleships. Not one mention of the fact that CCP increased the escalation chances for anomalies (which means more escalations, which means more pirate battleship BPCs).

    And then he displays more ignorance by suggesting that pirate battleships will cost less than T1. Meaning he doesn't understand how the price of something can't dip below the cost of the materials used to build it.... Pirate battleships were way overpriced do to scarcity, they are cheaper now because of CCP increasing escalation chances.

    I mean really, how batshit crazy do you have to be to conflate pirate BS prices, ganking, and safety in high sec?

  • nullsec and lowsec // carebear systems in EVE Communication Center

    Cade Windstalker wrote:


    The gameplay answer is because being able to cruise through a system and have no clue you passed another person isn't good for conflict, player interaction, or content generation.


    You, Windstalker, you will take this like whether you like it or not. Big smile

    There are lots of those "compormises to the reality of gameplay". Like how we have timers that don't let us dock in places. I OWN the freaking citidel and it's telling my I can't dock because I shot someone (if my own real life house did that I'd brun it to the ground lol). it doesn't make 'sense' in real life terms, but it's there for GAMEPLAY reasons.

    Or how we have the technology to cross light years in seconds but someone haven't figured out how to make the same ship fly in space faster than a 747 can fly in air right now....

    Still, I'd be fine with no local in null, if for no other reason that to watch the people who advocated it NOT admit they were wrong when people consolidate into even bigger groups to control that kind of space.

    Because those people don't understand human nature. Humans are neither naturally competative or cooperative, we are opportunistic and will compete or cooperate based on what is more advantageous at the moement. THIS is why Dominion Sov created mega-colations and renter empires rather than imspiring more conflcit and more small group play (because in the case of Dominion it cost less to blue each other and cooperate than to compete), the same way that no local would give everyone reasons to blue the hell out of each other again.

  • Turrets and Mining Lasers in EVE Communication Center

    Kingkev4555 Solette wrote:
    I was just wondering when there was going to be a fix for the timers on weapons? As of right now with mining lasers when the asteroid gets depleted the laser continues to cycle until turned off or half cycle. The same thing is true with weapons if the target is destroyed the weapon continues to cycle until turned off or half cycle. the problem with this is when you need to switch targets you have to stop the weapon and wait like a quarter of a second after turned off to refire the weapon, this time causes issues when you have multiple targets to kill. I would like to know if CCP even knows about this issue or if they are working on it?


    Issue? You mean "intentional design choice" right?

    All it really means is "think about what you are doing", same with how people doing mission count missile salvos to shave time off their mission completion time.

  • The Dislike of Eve Online in EVE Communication Center

    Buster Wortmann2 wrote:
    I tried for years to get friends interested in eve. Held their hands, sent them plex, Offered to give them high SP toons if they stuck it out long enough to learn the basics well. Only luck I ever had was my brother in law who took a toon with all his learning SP unallocated I was waiting to sell, spent them miserably, bounced around high sec and fizzled out, after about a year. Just when he was getting to a point he was skilled up enough to really get out and see what the game is about.

    Waste of $25 to transfer the toon and all the investment in time on the toon. Now he sits in a dead account, I cant get him back and my,,, now ex-bro in law keeps pestering me to join some crap he is playing now.

    Eve takes a unique mindset to understand and enjoy, I dunno what it is that makes a person eve-succeptible. I have tried people who I thought were perfect and they lasted a month. I do know console gamers don't have a chance tho.





    This is a common story. People try to get people into EVE and fail. I did too, I have a co-worker (actually my boss) whoi loves sci-fi and is a big a nerd as I am (if you can beleive it lol). He played off and on for 3 months and quit. But he still asks me about EVE and "what war are you fighting in now".

    The reasons are different for every person, but my favorite explanation is one I read on the Massivley OP website. The article was about a Themepark gamer who wrote a review of some sandbox game experiences he had (it was a fun read, it's funny watching someone who has structured themepark game preferences play a sandbox and totally not understand why others like that kind of unstructured thing).

    On reply hit the nail on the head for sandbox games in general and I think EVE in particular. The person replying said (paraphrasing) that:
    "Sandbox gaming is about making your own story rather than enjoying a story someone else wrote. It's like writting and Play, or a novel, or a screenplay, or a piece of music.

    Most people enjoy watching a movie or a good play or reading a good book or listening to a nice piece of music, but most people will NEVER do those things or want to do those things themselves. Most people want to be entertainined, and gamers are no different, they just enjoy a slightly more interactive form of entertainment than most people. this is why themepark games will always be way more popular than sandboxes, a sandbox is about freedom, a themepark if about entertainment, and most people are looking to be entertained"

    I read that and I couldn't help but think of EVE. Even in small ways, the people I play EVE with are making their own stories, or carving out their niche in a slgihtly bigger communal story.

    I am too, and I enjoy my personal story even if most people would find that sotry boring (my story goes "day 6,823: Killed some rats made some isk, spent some isk on some BS... Day 6,824: yep, still killing rats, oh and killed a guy in Stain because I didn't like him killin mah rats") lol.

  • nullsec and lowsec // carebear systems in EVE Communication Center

    Lukka wrote:
    There is also the issue of power projection in null sec. A long term cloaked camper would be virtually undetectable in null sec and can drop half of Eve on your operation in a heartbeat.

    Removing local in null would make the space unusable for all except the very largest alliances.


    I try to tell people that, I'm IN on of those largets alliances that can drop Capital Ships on anyhting that decides to roam though our space. but you can't tell people that, because they automatically assume that anyone who supports something that exists is somehow selfishly supporting a status quo they benefit from. Because they think that, they can't see the WARNINGS people are trying to give them.

    In short, it's DOMINION SOV all over again. I love telling this story because it's a cuationary tale not just for players of EVE Online, but for people in general.

    When CCP announced and described the Dominion Sov system and stated it's goal as "oppening up null to smaller groups and making space more dynamic", there was instant opposition to it. Much of that opposition came from people who were members of Goonswarm (but they weren't the only ones).

    People who hate goons saw Goons telling people that Dominion Sov would be a mistake because those high hit point structures would not cause smaller groups to come, but rather it would entice people to join ever larger groups to make the 'sov grind' more bearable (in much the same way the old POS based sov system Dominion was supposed to replace did). But the anti-goon folks just weren't listening, they didn't trust Goons so anyhting a Goon said must be a lie.

    So CCP implemented Dominion Sov, A game that already had Coalitions developed MEGA-COALITIONS, lots and lots of people blued each other (because being blue and easily grinding down millions of hit points is less annoying than not being blue), and the Goons that no one trusted spent half a Decade punishing people for not listening to them when they were telling the turth.



    Well, it's like that with local in null. When we try to tell people that getting rid of local in null will make null LESS hospitible to small groups than it is now (in the way that C5/C6 woromholes are, only worse), they don't listen. They think it will be great.

    I actually want CCP to get rid of local in null for a month, because it's like parents and children. Anyone who has ever been a parent knows that you can tell your kid all day about something, but at some point the only way to break through their know-it-all stubbornness and ignorance is to SHOW them their folly.

  • Solo play does it exists anymore? in EVE Communication Center

    People complain about solo, when the fact is solo is very doable and most of the people complaining just suck at it. I suck at solo pvp (which is why I don't even try) but I don't claim solo is dead bacuase I suck lol.

    Can't link killboards here but go to zkillboard and look up the guy who comes to our space all the time, abkiller Outaman. witness his works then come tell me how solo is dead.

  • so this is there real future for new players? gate camp? in EVE Communication Center

    Hakawa wrote:


    Is that really what CCP Falcon meant? Does CCP want players to casually drive other players from the game, thereby losing their subscription money?


    You have not one shred of evidence that people are driven from the game by gate camps.

    And even if you did, then what? Should CCP somehow make changes to EVE Online because some human beings over the age of 13 (EVE is rated 13 and up) can't deal with minor inconveniences in a video game ?

    Like I said, if you care about 'new players' do 2 things, teach them and tell them to ask themselves if they truthfully believe that they have the mental disposition needed to enjoy and thrive in EVE Online. Because if they don't have that, no amount of nerfing people you don't like (gate campers) is going to help them.

    In fact, trying to 'legislate away" gate campers with development changes would follow the same stupid script as the past. People whined about other people before, like "gankers". They pleaded with CCP for help rather than learning to outplay the gankers. CCP did so with EHP buffs to some ships and anchor rigs and buffing CONCORD and new rules etc.

    The end result? Ganking got worse and spread to affect more people. Turns out that nerfing someone's playstyle in order to help hapless people who already had all the tools they needed to help themselves only serves to tick off and embolden the group that got 'nerfed'. You think "gate campers" will just say "whelp CCP nerfed us, i guess Ill go away now.

    No they won't they will examine the game mechanics and find ways to keep doing what they are doing, just more so.




    You may ask why I care, I don't gate camp and don't have a real horse in the fight. Well , let me tell you Hakawa. I find it irritating in a way i can't really describe to see the same BS happen over and over again. It annoys me in game and in real life that people (the supposed top of the food chain) just can't learn simple lessons.

    I can't talk about real life stuff here because of the forum rules, luckily there are mroe than enough in game examples. One example was Dominion Sov which CCP claimed would "open up null to smaller groups" . The null haters rejoiced , thinking CCP was about to "fix null" and "break the power of the big coalitions. What actually happened is that those groups got stronger and null turned in to Renter-stan. Goons spent SIX YEARS punishing the game for CCP's mistake.

    Or like the safety buffs I mention, before all that all you had to worry about were some bored Goons ganking in high sec or burning jita from time to time, but CCPs safety buffs CREATED CODE in the same way that [insert real life situation where invading people in the name of freedom creates a worse enemy than the one you just killed here].

    It's the same with everything people keep complaining about from cloakcy campers to local in null...I could go on and on about the backfires. But what heats my hide more than anything is that you simply can't get some people to understand the basic concept and the even more basic truth. Which is this : You simply cannot game design your way out of human nature. You CAN adapt and defeat others (gate camps are easy to avoid and even beat), but not with game rules changes....

  • so this is there real future for new players? gate camp? in EVE Communication Center

    2Sonas1Cup wrote:
    I already suggested an idea to have jump bridges in highsec provided by certain NPC corps, like locator agents, that you could use to jump into a RANDOM nullsec system in the middle of nowhere in space where they're would be a cloaked NPC cyno.

    This would most certainly ease the brainless and ******** f1 gatecamping mechanic.


    That would just feed people kills you know.

  • so this is there real future for new players? gate camp? in EVE Communication Center

    Hiasa Kite wrote:
    Won't somebody please think of the children?



    Samuel L Jackson voice:

    "I tired of no one thinking of the mother ******* children on the mother ******* plane. And **** snakes too!"

    /Samuel L. Jackson voice

  • nullsec and lowsec // carebear systems in EVE Communication Center

    Hinrika wrote:
    So can anyone here explain to me why there is a local channel in nullsec and lowsec? You can just see anyone who enters the solarsystem, even if he is cloaked or doesn't say a word? It's not realistic and removes alot of the fun from the game, having a safe haven for carebears.

    I like wormholes, why can't K-space be like wormholes? It makes more sense and adds excitement and dangers.


    It works the way it does out of nessecity. Wormholes work with no local because their are no gates and no cynos. Null with no local would be a nightmare.

    With no local all I'd do is set a cloaky dictor on a gate, wait for someone to come thourgh (and if it's a scout, let it pass), and as soon as the target jumps (and i'd know, because I'd have a cloaky alt on the other a side of the gate, I'd decloak, light my cyno, pop my bubble and bring in my alliance mates in Carriers and Faxes and smoke whatever poor soloing idiot who just came into my trap.

    the above doesn't work as well now in null because local exists. People think no local in null would be this great thing, but they haven't paid attention to 14 years of EVE online experience that proves that people will take a supposed disadvantage and turn it into an advantage that screws YOU over even more.

  • so this is there real future for new players? gate camp? in EVE Communication Center

    Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
    On the subject of your overblown post, a newbie is very unlikely to have 5 billion to put in an industrial, 200 million is a little more likely but still very dubious.


    That's the thing isn't it? It's almost never actually about "new players". It's about older players who did something stupid, got killed , and then ran to the forums to complain about it. only they know their complaint will be rejected out of hand because they should have known better, so they use "new players" as a more acceptable stand in.

    "I'm not concerned about me per se, but I wonder how this will affect the youth!". Twisted

  • so this is there real future for new players? gate camp? in EVE Communication Center

    Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
    Hakawai wrote:
    It sounds like just another way to say "it's ok for us to treat new players as consumables if we feel like it".
    It is, and there's nothing wrong with that; in fact it's considered to be a mainstay of the game.

    CCP Falcon wrote:
    The only way to grow is to voraciously consume what's around you, and its your choice whether that happens to be New Eden's abundant natural resources, or the other people who're also fighting their way to the top.



    I don't know why people play competetive games while being emotionally opposed to competition.

    But mainly I think Hakawai's real problem is this misplaced sympathy for new players that you get on this forum almost every day. People like this think they are helping new players by 'advocating for them". That aren't.

    If you want to help new players, you personally teach them. The number one lesson is This:

    "YOU (and only you) are accountable for your own experience, if that experience is bad it means you need to learn more. Blaming others for your bad experience might make you feel better for a few seconds, but it will lead you to making the same mistakes over again. In this game, personal responsibility is not a Saintly Trait, it is a Survival Trait."