EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2013-11-07 16:18
  • First Forum Visit: 2013-11-21 19:07
  • Number of Posts: 1,399
  • Bounty: 0 ISK
  • Likes Received: 0

Jeremiah Saken

Security Status 0.0
  • The Fall of Leviathan Member since

Last 20 Posts

  • Strategic Cruiser Focus Group Working Thread in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Thomas Lot wrote:
    So a Cloaky T3C will still be able to pass a 30-ship insta-lock gate camp untouched, drop a covert cyno, cloak back up, and laugh at how over-powered the mechanic still is.

    Pathetic.

    No they won't. They align like carriers.

    Mergin analyzers bonus into covert sub was a mistake. Now we get same combo (covert+nulification) for two types of ships, recons and exploration hulls. They can't buff the tank here because it will cause overpowered recons but current tank is not sufficient for exploration needs.

    Slots layouts are mess, tried to fit a loki and proteus for non combat exploration, there just simply not enough mids.

    Creating pure exploration T2 is futile because we already have faction Stratios that is no go. Not to mention Nestor which is viable only for WHs repping and exploration bonuses are just SoE ships line flavour.

    I think approach to slots distribution is another mistake, there should be strict slot layout changed by subsystem roles (-1 here, +1 there if necessary). Otherwise balancing this will be a nightmare.

  • Strategic Cruiser Focus Group Working Thread in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Dior Ambraelle wrote:
    Jeremiah Saken wrote:
    Where is iconic Tengu beak?

    The current obfuscation manifold? I always thought it looks dumb.
    And this is exactly why we were supposed to vote! Not a big deal really, show the pictures of the current art labeled with letters, then ask people to order them from favorite to least favorite. The one that most people dislikes gets dropped.
    Personally I'm more interested in the Proteus: why keep the capacitor regeneration matrix instead of the power core multiplier?

    I don't like visual changes at all. The look should be decided by a player flying T3C not by arbitrary subsystem bonus. It would make sense from a hull personalization perspective.

  • Strategic Cruiser Focus Group Working Thread in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Tried Tengu on SiSi. It's worse than Stratios currently, far worse. No point of using it as exploration vessel at current state. For data/relics site in null ceptor exploration will be better and cheaper. For anything less - Stratios. I really don't care how much high slots I have on it. Tank is laughable, not enough utility slots, stupid amount of useless highslots ( for cloaky hunters sure, but othewise meh). It that is generalisation then good luck - useless overpriced hull. CCP has good idea to release them in summer when ppl are on vacations, s***storm will hit with far less damage.

    Edit: Visuals are bull**** btw. Where is iconic Tengu beak?

  • Dev blog: Introducing the new EVE Online Forums in EVE Information Center

    How to switch off unecessary categories? I don't use 3/4 of them. Or subcategories?
    Unlimited scrolling on the post? Good luck with threadnaughts...
    Visited new forum feedback category and went back here, very user unfriendly.

  • Mineral changes to pirate BS on SISI in EVE Communication Center

    Gregorius Goldstein wrote:
    But this is limited to Battleships? Asking becaue I fly pirate cruisers mostly.

    yes.

  • Mineral changes to pirate BS on SISI in EVE Communication Center

    Do Little wrote:
    Combined with reduced availability of blueprints this should, and indeed already has, doubled the price. If that isn't enough to close the price/performance gap, they will likely reduce the drop rate even more.

    Price was doubled because people buying them cheap before changes. Mineral increase is not enough, navy BS are still more expensive to build. Whoever doing this change has no idea what to do.

  • Strategic Cruiser Focus Group Working Thread in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Feka wrote:
    Jeremiah Saken wrote:

    sure, but we need a viable hull to even start doing them. Merging analyzers bonus into covert cloak sub leave us no choice. We can't do them because of weak tank and we can't drop covert sub because of analyzers bonuses. Maybe move analzyers bonus into hull like probes fitting bonus?
    Nestor is not an option and exploration is solo activity.


    Why should it be solo on all difficulty levels?

    Because those are rare so it's unpredictable when they'll spawn. Not to mention there is no such thing as group exploration.

  • Dev blog: Introducing the new EVE Online Forums in EVE Information Center

    Areen Sassel wrote:
    Jeremiah Saken wrote:
    Something, something, better at mobile devices.


    I'm not saying that ain't a plus point, but also as far as I can tell, worse on non-mobile devices - like the computers we all presumably have to play EVE on.

    Whole internet is going into mobile friendly you can't stop this trend.
    Judging from what they post about new forums nothing will change. Official forum must have strict rules otherwise they may propablly be sued. I started adapting to reddit for few months, my brain even started to filter trash posts from there. It's a bad source but with better information flow.

  • Strategic Cruiser Focus Group Working Thread in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Feka wrote:
    BESTER bm wrote:

    That is what will likely happen yes. While I can fit and use a Tengu to run these sites with acceptable risk, where the risk mostly consists of me being careless or greedy, Fitting any available exploration ship to have a chance will become a huge risk even in case of getting unlucky on a hack and triggering a defense. Let alone I will no longer have the option to use the site defense to actually protect myself.

    Stratios is not even close to being able to run these sites and will need to leave at the first sign of an unlucky turn or mishap.


    High-end sites should be high risk.

    sure, but we need a viable hull to even start doing them. Merging analyzers bonus into covert cloak sub leave us no choice. We can't do them because of weak tank and we can't drop covert sub because of analyzers bonuses. Maybe move analzyers bonus into hull like probes fitting bonus?
    Nestor is not an option and exploration is solo activity.

  • Dev blog: Introducing the new EVE Online Forums in EVE Information Center

    Something, something, better at mobile devices. You got me here. Been away for a week. Checking T3C thread on mobile. Reading something at old forum is PITA. We will whine at start, then we will adapt. Nothing breaking the game here.

  • Strategic Cruiser Focus Group Working Thread in EVE Technology and Research Center

    baltec1 wrote:
    They very much do apply as these ships have more uses outside of exploration. If you want a dedicated t2 cruiser for exploration then ask for one.

    we already have dedicated faction cruiser that won't do superior sleeper site. You don't get one thing. It's reverse case carriers+anomalys. Carriers were buffed so players started to farm anomalies with them. CCP didn't predict that. Now they nerfed hulls via pve (sic!). Now it will be reverse. T3C will be nerfed and there is no hull that can replace them in content they are currently usable. If you think they will suddenly magically conjure T2 exploration hulls then you are wrong. Explorers asking for changing data sites content for years. ZERO response from CCP. Stale, unecessary sites, you may delete it, nobody will notice.

  • Strategic Cruiser Focus Group Working Thread in EVE Technology and Research Center

    baltec1 wrote:
    BESTER bm wrote:


    You are twsting the argument to suit your needs here. You are trying to blanket the argument with basic and frankly non applicable comments. There currently is no high end exploration ship capabale of running the high end exploration sites with acceptable risk. The only ship able to do this is a T3C right now and post nerf that option seems to be gone. Many people have spends serious time and effort getting skilled in to these ships and the required fits which also carry a 1B pricetag. CCP is about to wipe out all that work and investment and apparently will not care one bit about this.


    They nerfed ships worth 120 billion out of anomaly ratting (tacking titan nerfs).

    Your easy ride is over, this content is going back to being difficult and hopefully that also means the supply of the high end gear out of these sites become more rare. You are going to have to adapt, just like everyone else that has had their golden goose nerfed.

    For the love of pod please stop teaching pvers how to do pve content. Nobody here teaching you how to fit your Mega. You don't even know what drops are from those sites. Sleeper sites are made to be high end content, I guess superior sites scaled to be done in BS hull. Guess what, nobody will do exploration in BS hull because they are non mobile after warp changes, and mobility is the number one for any explorer. Powerfull combo cloak+nulli should be nerfed but not by the cost of explorers.

  • Strategic Cruiser Focus Group Working Thread in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Align time is too high. From instawarping to BS align time?

  • This Week in EVE #156 - Week 24/2017 in EVE Information Center

    You disussed with CSM about ghost training. Why? This exploit was reported for months. Clusterf**k summer is coming CCP. You cannot hide bad decisons behind pointless discussions with CSM. CSM was created to help you balance the game. Involving them into this make them looks bad as well because there is nothing to discuss. Exploit is an exploit.

  • The Rogue Swarm – the cosmic “Gold Rush”! in EVE Communication Center

    Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
    I'm doing it in a harbinger with 700 dps and hyperspatia rigs.
    I've lost a few sites to undergunned ships stealing my wreck after I sniped their spawn.
    And lost to a few gnosis's on the alpha shot. It's really a 50/50 toss up when two bcs shoot a cruiser at the same time. If one of us doesn't one hit it, we will do enough damage to guarantee the other guy gets the last hit. Kind of a quickdraw thing.

    If you can't get them, position yourself right on the wreck and loot it and gtfo, or go to some quieter areas. Theyre doable though. Much easier for new players than the gala sites.

    My main grievance is the Plex drop is a joke.
    1 Plex? Just give me a random skin. 1 Plex is useless.
    If they were gonna bother to add Plex make it 50-100-150-200 and increasing rarity by volume.
    But don't waste my time on 1 Plex. I've gotten 2 Plex out of 40 sites. How am I supposed to get 500 by the end of the event. Smh.

    1 PLEX!!! Lol Maybe drones did not know about PLEX changes?

  • Rogue swarm event in EVE Communication Center

    What is booster drop rate? Done maybe 10 got 2 so far.

  • Every time CCP redesigns yet another ship... in EVE Communication Center

    Yang Aurilen wrote:
    Old Moa > New Moa. Prove me wrong.

    You are wrong. New model is best example how to connect past with future. There is still head with a "beak" and instead one suitcase we have two now in warping state.

    Imicus needs redesign badly but it must stay vertical.


  • CCP broke the no intervention on Market rule in EVE Communication Center

    Salvos Rhoska wrote:
    Aside from CCP re-introducing contraband PLEX from banned accounts to the market, I dont know of any CCP interference in markets.

    There was an presentation at 2014 fanfest about PLEX, they were interfere with PLEX market directly.

  • Strategic Cruiser Focus Group Working Thread in EVE Technology and Research Center

    I have a little concern about covert+nullify combo tank. Last night I was flying trough goons space and encountered 3 smartbombing BSs. They instantely hit me with more than 2k dmg, with current ehp (10k shield, lowest resist is 50%) it was not so much but after the rebalance overall ehp will be a lot less. Leaning toward active tanking doesn't help much with such encounters and having something as lazy as "lets bring 5 BS and smart bomb everyone who want to enter the pipe" doesn't seems to fall with "risk vs reward" null needs to be.

  • CCP broke the no intervention on Market rule in EVE Communication Center

    There are people believing that CCP don't interfere with market? Waaaat? CCP even admited it on some fanfest panel about economy in EvE.

Forum Signature

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville