EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2011-08-19 17:21
  • First Forum Visit: 2011-09-28 08:20
  • Number of Posts: 960
  • Bounty: 0 ISK
  • Likes Received: 0

Matar Ronin

Security Status 0.1

Last 20 Posts

  • The Like and Get Likes Thread - Renewed (Again) in EVE Communication Center

    DMC the CSM members matter little, CCP has a persistent vision for how they want us to play their game and the mere fact that most paying members choose another style of game play can not and has not dissuaded them from it.

    The glaring fact that most players are in high sec is something CCP does not want and stubbornly will not accept, they think those paying players are just not understanding the big fun they are missing by not being a part of the massive battles that generate such positive press coverage for CCP.

    Damn it they designed this game for us to be little cogs in increasingly bigger machines why don't we just fall in line!

    I attribute it to an Icelandic blindspot, these guys are from viking stock and can not accept that given an opportunity to raid and pillage we'd want to mine, trade, explore, build and invent. They think we are nuts and are now hell bent upon finding new ways to feed us to players who want targets in high sec because that is where the most players are.

    Putting reasonable people on the CSM will not change CCP's basic attitude towards the majority of paying subscribers which is
    "You must play as we want you to, not as you choose to!".

  • The Like and Get Likes Thread - Renewed (Again) in EVE Communication Center

    Greetings LAGLeers! I hope all are well and enjoying a profitable day!

  • Quafe Convoy Destroyed By Caldari Forces On Caldari-Gallente Border in EVE Communication Center

    Aldrith Shutaq wrote:
    Matar Ronin wrote:
    P. Phony
    I. Ignorant
    E. Excrement
    Pretty much explains your value but thanks for your input.
    Hey.

    Hey Matar.

    My daughter wants you to know something.

    She says you're a poopy face.
    Lol
    aldrith is the progeny of a P.I.E. a cupcake, a pastry, or a donut?

  • Quafe Convoy Destroyed By Caldari Forces On Caldari-Gallente Border in EVE Communication Center

    Aria Jenneth wrote:
    Matar Ronin wrote:
    These are indeed interesting times when the person on the civilized moral crusade is the pariah for standing up for universal human rights and freedom from inhumane slavery.

    You might think you owe nothing to my moral crusade but that is only because the horror you do choose to discriminate away from your pleasant reality does not affect you directly, yet. Sadly if it ever does it will be far too late for you to do anything about it.

    Fortunately for selfish people like you, people like me, continue to hammer at the walls of the evil slavery cult in the hope of shrinking it's domain instead of supporting it so it can one day overwhelm the entire cluster as they openly desire. So pilot Jenneth continue to frolic on in your self indulgent callous hallucination knowing that even your freedom is worth protecting to foolish crusaders like me.

    Mr. Ronin, I could owe your moral crusade a lot without it outweighing my private debt.

    You seem like a person who can probably understand the weight of the words, "blood oath." That's what I took, entering the Praefecta's service. It's not something I did on a casual whim, either. Twice, she took me in: once as a lost child; once as a wounded Falcon, dripping blood and soot. She took me in, helped me find my way-- helped me heal. She didn't have to do that, either time.

    Even if I understand your feelings, even if I sympathize, this private debt is more important to me. If that makes me a selfish person, I'll accept that. If it means being "the enemy" of people I have no reason to despise, I'll accept that, too. If it means dying, or killing, for a cause I owe only vicarious loyalty to, it's only what I've promised to do.

    To be aide, agent, and servant to someone I owe a debt I can't ever repay-- that's my self-indulgent callous hallucination.

    Maybe that's all it is, a figment wrapped in pride. But it's my part to play in this world, and I'll play it with all my heart.

    Let my soul be burned away to dust and ash, if it is for her sake. That is what I owe.
    Agree with you or not you do have a gift with the written word, poetic and personal.

  • Quafe Convoy Destroyed By Caldari Forces On Caldari-Gallente Border in EVE Communication Center

    Maria Daphiti wrote:
    Matar Ronin wrote:
    These are indeed interesting times when the person on the civilized moral crusade is the pariah for standing up for universal human rights and freedom from inhumane slavery.



    You're a pariah cause of the prior zillion ranting posts on this thread and a buncha others on the IGS at anyone an' everyone who disagrees with ya on the duel obsession with Pilot Kim

    Now you're changing the subject.
    P. Phony
    I. Ignorant
    E. Excrement
    Pretty much explains your value but thanks for your input.

  • The Like and Get Likes Thread - Renewed (Again) in EVE Communication Center

    Thanks for putting that song in my head DMC, lol.

  • The Like and Get Likes Thread - Renewed (Again) in EVE Communication Center

    Well LAGLeers being the insomniac that I am I should try and grab 40 winks knowing I will wake up at some unfriendly hour in my timezone later anyway.Pirate Check you later!

  • Quafe Convoy Destroyed By Caldari Forces On Caldari-Gallente Border in EVE Communication Center

    Aria Jenneth wrote:
    Mr. Ronin, I don't join the Amarr for tea and crumpets because I want them to like me, but because I want to represent the Praefecta well and not cause trouble for her (and, I like the Amarr) (actually I like almost everybody. I'm a little indiscriminate about that, I guess).

    To me, basically everything is personal. Kindnesses and cruelties loom larger than abstractions, even if I know those abstractions have lots of real, concrete faces. And there's someone I owe a little more than I owe to your moral crusade.

    I'm aware that makes me "the enemy," as Ms. Rhiannon puts it. I'm kind of okay with that, although it makes me a little sad.
    These are indeed interesting times when the person on the civilized moral crusade is the pariah for standing up for universal human rights and freedom from inhumane slavery.

    You might think you owe nothing to my moral crusade but that is only because the horror you do choose to discriminate away from your pleasant reality does not affect you directly, yet. Sadly if it ever does it will be far too late for you to do anything about it.

    Fortunately for selfish people like you, people like me, continue to hammer at the walls of the evil slavery cult in the hope of shrinking it's domain instead of supporting it so it can one day overwhelm the entire cluster as they openly desire. So pilot Jenneth continue to frolic on in your self indulgent callous hallucination knowing that even your freedom is worth protecting to foolish crusaders like me.

  • The Like and Get Likes Thread - Renewed (Again) in EVE Communication Center

    I hope all are enjoying a wonderful and profitable day in New Eden and elsewhere.

  • The Like and Get Likes Thread - Renewed (Again) in EVE Communication Center

    Good day LAGLeers!

  • Quafe Convoy Destroyed By Caldari Forces On Caldari-Gallente Border in EVE Communication Center

    Aria Jenneth wrote:
    Matar Ronin wrote:
    Being someone who believes passionately in the equality of all human life being constantly and maliciously compared to the antithesis of that belief is something I will not miss from the "Periwinkle Princess".Pirate

    I of course understand if you do not understand this because from the general impression you leave you crave for the approval of the popular majority above almost everything else while I would rather be right than just popular.

    No-- most people will object to being compared to someone they perceive as an awful person for one reason or another.

    "But I'm nothing like (her/him)!" isn't a very rare sentiment here. You and Ms. Kim are just the most recent example, each outraged at the notion that you might have something in common with the other.

    About popular approval ... hm. Well, if I really did crave popular approval above all, I kind of doubt you'd be counting me an apologist for the Amarr. Accepting a role as a servant here, even to someone as well-admired as Lunarisse Aspenstar Daphiti, hasn't been the most popular move.

    I can't really claim to be immune to that kind of thing, though. I do like to be liked. It makes talking to people easier, even if they think I'm horribly wrong about almost everything. It's important to me to keep lines of communication open. How else will I know when someone who thinks I'm wrong has a point?

    Also, it seems like it's hard to be right all the time. It's hard on a person to even really try, and probably at least as hard on people who, subjectively, succeed, though I guess a lot of those at least have their rightness to comfort them when the whole world's shaking its head or rolling its eyes.

    It seems easier to be wise than to reliably be right. That's kind of what I want to be-- wise. Most of all, I want to see clearly.

    I'll leave the being right to others.
    To be clear my desire to be right over being popular is not a statement that I even for a moment think I am always right. Unfortunately that is not even humanly possible.

    However the need to be popular drives people to say things like how talking about other things beyond the scope of the original thread is de-railing. Scroll back and review how many seem to be setting their hair on fire about a thread for which their is no new data just the bare bone description of the original event available. Conversation like nature abhors a vacuum.

    On the subject of wisdom you might consider if it is truly wise to keep the lines of communication open with so many whom enthusiastically embrace racism and the beyond evil practice of human slavery. These types of crimes against humanity will continue until the decent and morally civilized people of the New Eden Cluster put enough military and economic pressure on them to force them to change, it will not happen over tea and scones alone. Making their lives pleasant and enjoyable with polite conversation just extends the horror of slavery for the victims of their inhumane cult. Something if you were subjected to you would not desire to continue endlessly. I think you might find it wise to think about the uncountable millions of your fellow human beings who suffer at the hands of the cult supported by the people you like to be liked by.

    It might cause you to change your ways and support the morally civilized segments of the New Eden Cluster that fight actively against the evil of human slavery.

  • The Like and Get Likes Thread - Renewed (Again) in EVE Communication Center

    DeMichael Crimson wrote:
    Matar Ronin wrote:
    Hello DMC, yes I have been busy with stuff and not active in here for a while. I have now returned and catching up on posts I have yet to like.

    Ahhh, it's actually quicker to view and like this thread once a day instead of trying to play catch up.

    Anyway, I saw that movie 'The Great Wall' staring Matt Damon. Definitely very enjoyable and a lot different than what I expected.



    DMC
    I agree "The Great Wall" was well crafted and quite enjoyable. The cinematography was outstanding, as was the scenic design, costumes, visual efx, and action/ fight choreography. Well worth the price of admission.

    Sunday I indulged in a double feature afternoon "Ghost In The Shell" followed by "Life", the former kept my eyes on the screen while the latter had far too many moments when I just rolled my eyes.

  • Quafe Convoy Destroyed By Caldari Forces On Caldari-Gallente Border in EVE Communication Center

    Aria Jenneth wrote:
    Mr. Ronin?

    Mr. Toov and I probably disagree about a lot of things, and I kind of suspect he'd kill my ship without hesitation given a chance and look at any deaths among my crew as a bonus rather than anything sad. But ...

    He's still someone I pay attention to when he has something to say. Often it's sharp, often it's aggressive to the point of being upsetting, but probably a lot of that is where I stand politically-- that is, beside someone loyal to the Empire ...

    But I still want to hear what he has to say, and be heard. That's kind of what "respect" seems to consist of, here, on this forum.

    What I'm getting at is, maybe having respected people decide they don't care to hear what you have to say anymore isn't really something to celebrate.

    Not that I expect you to listen to me, but it seems worth trying to say it anyway.
    Of course you are entitled to your own point of view pilot Jenneth but as is all too often true you think your point of view is either correct or valid when in this, as in many cases it is neither.

    To date the "Periwinkle Princess" has said nothing of importance to me or about me and has often spoke as if he represents some form of IGS participant credibility board that rules over what should or should not be said or when enough has been said, all the while insulting and comparing me to kim. kim is objectionable because she is an unabashed cowardly racist who lusts after the death of other ethnic groups and or nationalities that she espouses to be better than because of her birth membership in the "State".

    Even though I despise the slavery cultists and their many apologist supporters like you, I sincerely want them to change their putrid ways not just line up in front of my rail guns for slaughter as the solution to their sick beliefs.

    Being someone who believes passionately in the equality of all human life being constantly and maliciously compared to the antithesis of that belief is something I will not miss from the "Periwinkle Princess".Pirate

    I of course understand if you do not understand this because from the general impression you leave you crave for the approval of the popular majority above almost everything else while I would rather be right than just popular.

  • The Like and Get Likes Thread - Renewed (Again) in EVE Communication Center

    Any non-spoiler reviews?

  • The Like and Get Likes Thread - Renewed (Again) in EVE Communication Center

    I think "Ghost In The Shell" is going to be my afternoon target. It should be a visual efx romp.

  • The Like and Get Likes Thread - Renewed (Again) in EVE Communication Center

    I hope everyone is having a great day/ end of weekend. I am.

  • The Like and Get Likes Thread - Renewed (Again) in EVE Communication Center

    Hello DMC, yes I have been busy with stuff and not active in here for a while. I have now returned and catching up on posts I have yet to like.

  • The Like and Get Likes Thread - Renewed (Again) in EVE Communication Center

    Good day LAGLeers!

    No wall of binary code from me.

    lol

  • Quafe Convoy Destroyed By Caldari Forces On Caldari-Gallente Border in EVE Communication Center

    Tyrel Toov wrote:
    Diana Kim wrote:
    Tyrel Toov wrote:

    Think it's time to hang it up guys you won't make him see reason, Arrendis. And Ronin? Congrats, you're the republics's Diana Kim now. Good luck being taken seriously by anyone regardless of your accomplishments.


    Your words about me are empty and groundless accusations, that degrade not me, but your person.

    Luckily, no here are dumb enough to fall for your delusional lies about me. (Well, maybe except types like Matar Ronin, Arrendis and Saya Ishikari, but these are just special ones).

    I would kindly ask you to leave the IGS and stop spewing our your hatred and derailing threads, trying to discuss me, and not just discuss, but provoke such sort of discussions by dumping outrageous lies.

    Just, be gone. You are not a person suitable for civilized conversations.

    Uh-huh, sure, whatever. (This is intended as a dismissal of your position, not an affirmation.) As a person, you are in fact the lowest form of scum and not with the effort. I'm blocking both you and Ronin from this point forward.
    At long last the "Periwinkle Princess" is going to stop trolling me! Good things come to he who waits.Pirate

  • Happy Birthday Arrendis & diana kim ! in EVE Communication Center

    Big smileYou both have so much in common and are so alike I guess it was only natural you also share April 1st as a birthday.

    Celebrate, enjoy, this day is all about you both and what you have come to represent in New Eden! Big smile

Forum Signature

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.