EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2008-06-11 23:09
  • First Forum Visit: 2011-04-07 14:13
  • Number of Posts: 1,100
  • Bounty: 14,338,092 ISK
  • Likes Received: 0

Morwen Lagann

Security Status 5.0
  • Tyrathlion Interstellar Member since

Last 20 Posts

  • Feast of Saint Nicholas the Destroyer in EVE Communication Center

    I think for that, you've earned a new title, Pieter. Happy holidays. Blink

  • [Caldari State] State Protectorate conquer Vlillirier in EVE Communication Center

    Arrendis wrote:
    Morwen Lagann wrote:
    The answer is neither. I doubt she has the time to waste on running anything. It'd take away from things that are actually important, like frothing-at-the-mouth and hypocrisy.


    Well, it can't be neither, she's proudly listed an inhabited asteroid colony (as opposed to 'base') among her kills in the 'a pirate said something mean to me so I killed people' thread.

    Oh. Right. That thread.

    End result's still gonna lie somewhere in between, though.

  • [Caldari State] State Protectorate conquer Vlillirier in EVE Communication Center

    The answer is neither. I doubt she has the time to waste on running anything. It'd take away from things that are actually important, like frothing-at-the-mouth and hypocrisy.

    She's definitely gone out of her way to execute POWs and make a public spectacle of it on at least one occasion, was more the point.

  • [Caldari State] State Protectorate conquer Vlillirier in EVE Communication Center

    Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
    Merchant Rova wrote:
    When do I get to complain about the "imperialist Caldari controlling Placid" just like Diana complains about Black Rise.


    When we're investigating the State for running illegal death camps.

    Considering that she is the State or a perfect representation of it in her head, I think all one has to do is start investigating her.

    What she does and has done isn't exactly undocumented, even if she has a habit of going back and editing posts to try and cover her tracks so she can 'win' arguments on the IGS by claiming other people are liars.

  • An Idea: Because I am bored for the moment. in EVE Communication Center

    Cabaret night.

    And yes, you're supposed to keep the 'yarr' to 'Ar(rr)nher.'

    If you could pick one, what ship would you like to meet piloting certifications for most, that you do not already qualify for?

  • An Idea: Because I am bored for the moment. in EVE Communication Center

    I'll generally never say no to a glass of Zydrine Wine or a Fusion Thruster.

    Favorite system?

  • Diana Kim, you still haven't accepted my challenge in EVE Communication Center

    Yarosara Ruil wrote:
    Now, this might sound shocking, but more often than not, ace piltots have a lot going on their plates to just drop everything and move accross half the cluster just to satisfy someone's bruised ego.


    I want you to think very carefully about this statement, and figure out why your picks for the parties indicated within are entirely backwards.

  • An Idea: Because I am bored for the moment. in EVE Communication Center

    Taranis. The Claw might be pretty fast and agile, but I can't shake the feeling that the ship is going to rip itself to pieces at the speeds it is intended to travel at.

    Rain or snow?

  • An Idea: Because I am bored for the moment. in EVE Communication Center

    Jev North wrote:
    What's that one unconventional idea for a corporation that's been simmering in the back of your mind for ages, the one you'd execute on if only you had more time, more ISK, more hands, and more mental fortitude for dealing with the constant hassle of capsuleer cat-herding?

    Funny you ask that one... for reasons. "Watch this space," as they say, tapping the side of their noses all the while...

    Hustle and bustle of a city, or the peace and quiet of a rural area?

  • Change of Focus in EVE Communication Center

    And as I consider the corporation less a company and more a large extended family of sorts - and usually treat it as such - you get the picture.

  • Change of Focus in EVE Communication Center

    Aria Jenneth wrote:
    It's been really good to have you with us, Pieter. Will you and Des be settling in the Kingdom for now?

    (I apologize if that's an ignorant question; I'm a little fuzzy on how involved with Khanid space Tyrathlion Interstellar and Lady Tyrathlion personally actually are.)

    It's not an ignorant question. I don't really broadcast a lot about what's going on with me and mine - largely because I don't really consider it anyone else's business most of the time - so I tend to expect questions every so often. I am more than happy to discuss it with you at some point, in detail even, if you are curious - but not in a public space such as this.

    That said, for this specific case: while TYRIN has quite a number of facilities in the Kingdom (and elsewhere), and has for a long time, none of the pilots in TYRIN are expected or required to make use of them. They are available if needed as a convenience, but otherwise I am not going to bat an eye at someone not making use of them. That is a choice I leave to my pilots and I will respect their decisions in that regard as long as it is not placing unnecessary risk on them, myself, or the corporation as a whole.

    In fact, I told Pieter explicitly that as far as I was concerned, his family outranks me for most intents and purposes, and that I will be trying to avoid putting him in a position where they do not come first. He will have full autonomy to decide if something will come first before them, and while I will be available to offer advice or suggestions, I'm not going to make those decisions for him.

    He's a big boy. I'm more than happy to treat him as such.

  • [ARC] Conflux Nexus brute force sequencing in EVE Communication Center

    Alizabeth Vea wrote:
    Making sure you knew was something along the lines of: "Morwen, tell Makoto about this."


    ... When I was the first person to make any note of it in the first place, at that.

    I would have posted last night as we'd agreed, but frankly after my post-decanting bath all I wanted to do was sleep after a rather long day and deal with it in the morning.

    Makoto Priano wrote:
    (and Maker, at this rate, you're all going to make me wish we'd bothered to track Drifter kills over our operations.)

    You say this as if wandering back through local communications logs and filtering for darke's rather morbid text-art wouldn't do the trick?

  • [ARC] Conflux Nexus brute force sequencing in EVE Communication Center

    The cancellation of yesterday's operation was a joint decision by a number of ARC's coordination team and was centered around the desire to make sure all our bases were covered prior to running the new fleet doctrine under the new fleet command and coordination burst system.

    Your obviously well-intentioned, but ultimately ill-informed and rather misleading "the sky is falling" outburst about the operation on Tuesday played some part in it. As a reminder to pilots, the "weasel" doctrines provided an unparalleled level of relative safety for the majority of pilots operating against Drifters. Enough, it seems, that some got so used to that relative safety that they forgot what fleets were like prior to the introduction of that doctrine.

    Tuesday's operation consisted of a simple, old-style Caracal and Scythe fleet, without any form of command and coordination boosts. The Drifters hitting their mark more often than not was to be expected.

    There is some discussion as to when the next operation will occur but nothing has been set in stone.


    As to the doctrine in use by the brute force team, ARC has been in possession of some solo/duo/trio doctrines for use when available pilots are few or the desire to work without attracting attention is present. Presumably one of these doctrines was in use, or perhaps one pilot working patiently in a covert-capable frigate or cruiser performed the final part of the operation. I've been on vacation in Intaki for the last week and haven't been present on any of the last week's operations as a result. I will be returning tonight, however, so I assume I will see you all in space or on communications routers soon enough.

  • [Breaking news] Drifter K-Space strikes underway in EVE Communication Center

    Naava Edios wrote:
    Morwen Lagann wrote:
    Sinjin Mokk wrote:
    Deitra Vess wrote:
    So much for them not being a threat to the other empires. Whether we caused it or not is irrelevant at this point. They're attacking everyone now it seems.



    I'm not above saying "I told you so."



    I think if anyone gets to say that, it's me.


    I'd like to challenge that statement Lady Tyrathlion,
    A friendly challenge of course.

    When I return from my apparently ill-timed vacation this weekend, we can say it together.

  • [Breaking news] Drifter K-Space strikes underway in EVE Communication Center

    Sinjin Mokk wrote:
    Deitra Vess wrote:
    So much for them not being a threat to the other empires. Whether we caused it or not is irrelevant at this point. They're attacking everyone now it seems.



    I'm not above saying "I told you so."



    I think if anyone gets to say that, it's me.

  • [News] SOE SPLINTER GROUP WARNS OF SHIFT IN DRIFTER ACTIVITY; THUKKER in EVE Communication Center

    Jason Galente wrote:
    We had over a year to prepare and instead, our dear leaders chose the path of covering it up and putting their heads in the sand. Whatever happens now is on them.

    Out of curiosity, what exactly do you think ARC and similar outfits have been doing since the appearance of the Drifters and the Seekers? I hope you don't think that we've been sitting around with our thumbs up our backsides.

    Despite the sometimes antagonistic approach certain individuals within CONCORD have taken, we have openly offered the results of our work and effort over the last two years to them for their benefit, and will continue to do so. That they choose not to take us up on those offers is their decision.

    Whether it's because they feel prepared enough to not need our assistance, or because they're reluctant to admit that we did much of their job for them (entirely possible in at least one case I can think of), isn't all that clear. But on the other hand, it's also not all that important.

    What is important is that we will be ready for what comes, or at least as ready as is possible given the situation, regardless of whether they are or not.

    They know where to find us and how to contact us if they want our help... assuming we aren't already providing it.

  • [News] SOE SPLINTER GROUP WARNS OF SHIFT IN DRIFTER ACTIVITY; THUKKER in EVE Communication Center

    In all fairness, if you can name a faction, I'm pretty sure someone can come up with a good reason to call them shady too, Ruil.

  • [News] SOE SPLINTER GROUP WARNS OF SHIFT IN DRIFTER ACTIVITY; THUKKER in EVE Communication Center

    Guess it's my turn today since I'm up oddly early for my usual sleep cycle.

    It seems some of us were a little more accurate in our assessment of Drifter activity than others, earlier than others, yet again.

  • "Gedulf" constellation? in EVE Communication Center

    Changing NPCs in charge of NPC corporations isn't an easy, fast, or high-priority thing to do. It takes a while to bubble to the top of the queue.

    As for typos in stuff like that, that also takes a while because it has to go through the Localization team. They once made a typo of a player character's name in an item (mine, actually) and despite me spotting it on Singularity and submitting a bug report prior to release, it didn't get fixed for almost a year after it was released to Tranquility because the Localization team had to make the changes everywhere when they eventually got to that fix in particular.

  • Announcement of Citizenship - Hayato Tuulinen in EVE Communication Center

    Claudia Osyn wrote:
    Nauplius wrote:
    I am not knowledgeable about Caldari etiquette in this matter, but I am nosy, so I'll ask anyway — was this a natural birth or one of those weird Caldari Tube births?

    Silly Nauplius, everyone knows Caldari babies are found under stacks of legal documents.

    No, they're made of stacks of legal documents.

    If Veikitamo is to be believed.

Forum Signature

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque