EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2007-12-02 19:08
  • First Forum Visit: 2011-11-23 14:24
  • Number of Posts: 168
  • Bounty: 0 ISK
  • Likes Received: 72

Mycool Jahksn

Security Status 0.0
  • Viziam Member since
  • Amarr Empire Faction

Last 20 Posts

  • Null Sec Corporation Recruiting in EVE Corporations, Alliances and Organizations Center

    Are you mainly EU or US at the moment? Also, are you flying with the Initiative or whats the deal there?

  • [Phoebe] Long Distance Travel Changes - updates! in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Black Viper1 wrote:
    CCP,

    Although the now improved changes to JFs help this still is a bad move for EVE, most importantly because;


    1. EVE is supposed to be a sandbox.

    So since EVE is supposed to be a great sandbox the recent changes and your responses to players comments, EX "If battle Rorquals become a thing they will be nerfed". That defeats the entire purpose of a sandbox type of environment, you are saying if you don't play in the sandbox in a manner that I would play in the sandbox and; since I have the power to change things I will, so you are forced to play the way that I want to play. That's the entire point of a sandbox environment! If someone wants to spend time training the fly a ship, and then use it in a role it is not intended then they are free to do that, that's why a certain type of people enjoy a sandbox environment. That is also one of the things that makes EVE great the freedom to enjoy the MASSIVELY complex environment that has been created here. If you continue to punish people for doing things that YOU don't think should be done then they will leave and find a different way to spend their time. Some people want to fly battle badgers, battle rorquals, do their manufacturing in high sec and sell the product in Jita, as long as they are paying there subscriptions and happy to do those things then what is the problem?! You have said on multiple issues lately, (battle rors, industry distribution, etc) that is they don't change you will nerf the activity to force them to do something else. That will destroy one of the great aspects of this game and drive people away from it.


    2. Null stagnation is a problem and these changes make it worse.

    These changes make holding space MUCH easier and taking space MUCH harder. Since supers take MUCH longer to move for an offensive attack the defenders will be able to move more supers in much easier due to the fact that they are closer and it will be easier to defend space due to a lack of aggressive force projection to counter the defensive super drop. There is currently no counter to a super capital blob, except a BIGGER super capital blob, (that may be part of your grand master plan and if so you need to unveil this new super capital blob counter mechanic before you turn supers into 5LY moveable stations with bigs, and triage modules). The leaders of the major NULL sec entities drafted a letter together about fixing NULL stagnation with 3 ideas that instead of punishing current NULL sec dwellers; makes it easier for new groups to enter null sec space and harder for the current entities to hold it, you appear to have gone the other way with this new patch.


    3. Fixing null industry is a MUST but with these changes if you make null sec independent you will kill high sec.

    If null sec industry is fixed, (which it should be) and you continue to nerf JF down to 5 LYs as you stated in this thread you want to, people won't risk taking there products out to high sec to sell them when there is now a thriving industry and the market for raw materials that goes with that. People aren't going to risk there caps warping to a gate with billions in the hold to jump into high sec since they can't jump straight into high sec due to the distance between systems. They just sell them in null, prices for moon materials, morphite, and other materials which can only be found in null will skyrocket, advanced high sec manufacturing will disappear, and most pilots will only be able to afford to fly T1 and faction ships. Unless you make ALL materials available in ALL regions and security status space, separating the two will cause industry to evaporate. High sec needs null sec just as much as null sec needs high sec, if you make moving items between the two far to difficult then pilots will stop doing it.


    4. These changes will make travel time MUCH greater and cause less content to be available

    By applying jump fatigue, (especially to jump bridges which are suppose to be a advantage / reward of holding space) you are causing travel in general; not just to supers much more difficult and time consuming. Flying around space is something that all EVE players have to do, but not something that should be a major focus. People who want to PVP don't want to spend 55 minutes getting to a fight and still end up with a big jump fatigue timer, to only fight for 10 minutes and then turn around and go home, (unless you lose, then the trip home is much quicker). Logistics, traveling, and setup are all part of this game but if that becomes the major focus of everyones EVE experience then they will look elsewhere to find there entertainment.


    By adding the jump fatigue timer instead of a static 4-5 minute cool down to ships that have a jump drive, and setting unnecessary limitations on pod expressing yourself; you are forcing people to spend less time enjoying the content that can be had in EVE and more time waiting for a cool down or taking 7 jumps around your own space instead of the JB that they installed in their home system.


    This.. Making travel take longer is just plain stupid, it already takes a long time as it is.

  • [Phoebe] Long Distance Travel Changes - updates! in EVE Technology and Research Center

    I find the fatigue system overly complex.

  • If capitals are allowed to use Hi-sec gates........ in EVE Communication Center

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEPpwQlRu5M

  • The Prospect and Low-Sec Mining in EVE Communication Center

    I'm not saying my plan is bulletproof but what I do know is that much could be done to make low-sec more attractive than it is today, that we can all agree on, anti-social or not.

  • The Prospect and Low-Sec Mining in EVE Communication Center

    Solecist Project wrote:
    Can someone please tell that genius up there ...
    ... that he is completely clueless about what I am saying?

    Because it seems that his brain shuts down when he reads my posts ...
    ... so you might have more luck than I do.

    Kind of embarassing talking to him .....
    ... so please don't do it if you feel the same.

    And please note his cool name.
    He is definitely cool.
    Can obviously be noticed easily.



    Thanks. :)


    Well, personal attacks always have been the perfect way to make a discussion move forward eh?

    Your post is irrielevant because you assume all players AFK mine for example which is far from the truth. You assume far too much and act like you are the collective all knowing voice of everyone.

    If you can't discuss, don't.

  • The Prospect and Low-Sec Mining in EVE Communication Center

    Balshem Rozenzweig wrote:


    And all the stuff aside - I think low sec mining is dead, and I'd be afraid to change it. You do need to provide high sec players with some decent activities. And only after some time try to drag them to low/null so they can really discover what the game is about :P
    Make it profitable and you will have a month tops of people dying to camps/recons/happy cyno and then forums splattered with "don't mine in lows sec if you're not in a corp controlling the system".



    I find this untrue. Why? Because null sec is exactly as dangerous as low sec is, in many cases even more dangerous due to warp bubbles, alliances patrolling their borders and whatnot.

    I don't see the boards getting filled up with tears from noobs getting stomped in their search for ABCM in nullsec? Now, if the boards arent getting filled up now, why should they if we boost low sec?

  • The Prospect and Low-Sec Mining in EVE Communication Center

    Solecist Project wrote:
    Mycool Jahksn wrote:
    And it does not because you say so? Lol.

    You should start off by reading the OP.
    And you think your idea would work because you say so? Roll

    No ... it does not work, because it's disconnected from actual reality.

    It does not work, because it completely leaves out the fact that carebears ...
    ... do not go to lowsec, because they can lose their ships ...
    ... and can not mine afk there without definitely losing them.

    It also ignores the fact that giving lowsec a unique mineral ...
    ... will make all the people who live there already ...
    ... defend it as much as they can.

    People will lock down access from highsec to lowsec everywhere.

    Carebears will just whine even more ...
    ... because they can not access this mineral.


    It's not me who is anti-social here.
    It's you who simply refuses to accept
    that his idea will not work the way it's thought out.


    As I said, read the original post.

    Or nah, I'll spell it out for you because I already asked you to do it and you failed; he is a carebear who went to low sec only to find it unprofitable and not worth the risk vs reward.

    I was also a carebear once, mercoxit made me enter 0.0. The rest is history.

    I visited lowsec many times during this period but the fact that the profit of mining in low sec was only marginally better than high sec considering how you need to fit to survive a gank attempt ( mining upgrades vs warp core stabs or intertia stabs for example ) I ended up staying in highsec til I could move on to 0.0.

    Don't speak like you are the collective carebear voice because you are not.

    Also, lock down lowsec? In case you didn't know warp bubbles cant be deployed in low sec. Escaping a gate camp would be hillariously easy, especially since you can deploy capitals there and bring in materials whatever way you want.

  • The Prospect and Low-Sec Mining in EVE Communication Center

    Solecist Project wrote:
    I call it stupid, because it's stupid. It shows that the person hasn't though it through at all.

    Furthermore, it will not bring carebears to lowsec ...
    ... because carebears do not want to go to lowsec.

    It will rather bring all the big entities to lowsec ...
    ... because it allows them to bank in bigtime and have more control ...
    ... and make the smaller pirate entities defend every belt they can.

    No amount of "buffing lowsec" ever changed the fact that carebears are carebears.


    Your idea does not work as you think it would.


    And it does not because you say so? Lol.

    You should start off by reading the OP.

  • The Prospect and Low-Sec Mining in EVE Communication Center

    Solecist Project wrote:
    Mycool Jahksn wrote:
    I've said it once and I'll say it again. To make lowsec a wild west boomtown in a matter of seconds you need to put a mineral there that only exists there.

    Remove 95% of Nocxium or better yet, Mexallon, from asteroids and spawn roids in lowsec that contain tons of nocxium or mexallon and I cannot stress this enough; tons.

    This would make lowsec a risk / reward worthy place worth visiting.
    And who will farm it?
    The pirates who live there.

    And they *will* defend it.

    Your idea doesn't really work,
    but I'm sure they'd love to have it implemented.


    Sometimes I think people do not realise that anyone can do anything in this game
    and that pirates aren't stuck at being pirates ...
    ... like miners who seem to be stuck at being miners ...
    ... but also can have mining alts.


    Reminds me of the stupid argument of "who will mine for you 'PvPers' when we miners leave the game?" ...
    ... and the correction answer is, of course: Our alts.


    Why are you so anti social? An argument isn't stupid just because you don't agree with it. Your alts could never keep up with the massive mineral flow that carebears bring in.

    Anyway, of course but it would also bring risk taking high sec dudes into low sec. You are already in low sec, high sec carebears are not because it's not worth it.

  • The Prospect and Low-Sec Mining in EVE Communication Center

    I've said it once and I'll say it again. To make lowsec a wild west boomtown in a matter of seconds you need to put a mineral there that only exists there.

    Remove 95% of Nocxium or better yet, Mexallon, from asteroids and spawn roids in lowsec that contain tons of nocxium or mexallon and I cannot stress this enough; tons.

    This would make lowsec a risk / reward worthy place worth visiting.

  • If you had to start over in EVE what would you be? in EVE Communication Center

    Tippia wrote:
    Mycool Jahksn wrote:
    Tippia wrote:
    Same as now: awesome.

    Wishful thinking from a lonely mr. know-it-all.

    Awww… someone has been left outside the club house and decided that it's probably all empty and boring inside. Lol


    Whatever floats your boat. However; denial is the most predictable of all human responses.

  • Star Citizen v EVE in EVE Communication Center

    Cypherdog wrote:
    I wonder how is EVE preparing to face the might of Chris Roberts' new MMO. I am a devoted "casual" EVE player and so far I managed to convince 1 player -my cousin- to join me in EVE, but lately we are having conversations about Star Citizen, and I am afraid I am going to loose my only wingman in space.
    EVE has a decade of Lore and stories that players have written. EVE can hold massive battles in one single server. EVE is brutal, unforgiving. EVE is EVE.
    But because most of us are familiar with Robert's Space Industries and games (freelancer, Wing Commander) , I wonder what is CCP's plan to counteract the loss of subscriptions to an MMO that promises (and surely deliver) a more personal and immersive space flying experience? The universe size will not be as big at launch, but in time, just like CCP did when player's are handed the tools to shape the universe, it will expand massively, and probably match most of he expectations of many scy-fi players.
    I thought Incarna was a cool step to attract skeptical players and make the experience more personal. Why didn't The Mittani and henchmen expressed their negative opinions at the previous fanfest , when the Incarna facts were unveiled, instead of burning Jita and leave a fair chuck of designers and Devs unemployed. I could not wait for Incarna to be online. Alas, tradition proved more resilient than change. And Incarna will never come back....unless.... Star Citizen proves that it can be done.
    Now I understand the prejudice against "spacebarbie" gameplay. But just like with everything in EVE, if you don't like it, you don't have to do it. (I am against the gtfo stance of most)
    I still think that Dust 514is destined to fail. It won't do any favours to EVE. There's a game called Titan Fall, that is so reminiscent of Dust. And better imo.
    I am a casual player, I see EVE from outside the box. My opinions are just the way I feel at the moment, and at the moment I see EVE going for another decade but significantly less strong after SC is launched.
    Care to share your thoughts?


    EVE has survived many other EVE killers though SC does seem like a strong candidate.

    I do agree with you on Incarna though, it's strange why people are so incredibly conservative and afraid of change when in fact, Incarna could very likely result in more people finding their way into EVE.

    I mean.. come on people.. when did the last big change hit EVE? What was it that really revolutionized EVE that you can remember? Better graphics is not revolutionary, new ships isn't even close either.

    Incarna would be, if it ever hit. Planetary flight would as well.

    Being afraid of something because it's new isn't a valid point. That's just stupidity.

  • If you had to start over in EVE what would you be? in EVE Communication Center

    Tippia wrote:
    Same as now: awesome.


    Wishful thinking from a lonely mr. know-it-all.

  • New EVE Ship Models Discussion in EVE Communication Center

    Leviathan.

    Full size, fully functional with a DD device.

    pre-painted with all the little bells and whistles you could possibly think of.

    Engage.

  • Tech 2 BPO's yielding alot more after latest expansion? in EVE Gameplay Center

    -

  • Would you pay for an Expansion? in EVE Communication Center

    Well, I cant see expansions ever happening in the first place.

    Why? Well, how would that work in a game where the market is free, nothing is bind on pickup and no zone is unreachable?

    What would that expansion contain?

  • I just got blown up, Im in an egg, what now? in EVE Communication Center

    Katrina Oniseki wrote:
    Not really a newbie question. More of a newbie exclamation.

    Upon first undocking in EVE Online, my friend only had this to say:

    Quote:
    HOLY **** I'M A GREEN SPERM. THIS GAME IS ******* AMAZING. WHERE ALL THE BITCHES AT?!


    Goonspace is a good place to start looking for bitches.

  • CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value) in EVE Communication Center

    Kate stark wrote:
    Mycool Jahksn wrote:
    Kate stark wrote:

    you didn't prove me wrong, and i didn't make a U turn. i just made a flippant comment because you've contributed nothing to the discussion as you're unaware of the topic.


    Upset? Far from it. I'm enjoying my rl life, watching how pathetic welfare rl set-sail-for-fail guys whine about how some company spawned some ships and everything was so unfair because they did it behind closed doors and whatnot.

    Boo hoo dude. Get a life.


    enjoying life so much you'd rather troll the EVE forum, in the middle of a week day?

    seems you're the one that's in need of a life, but don't let me stop you demonstrating how great your life is.
    also i love the demonstration of insecurity that you feel the need to point out how great your life is even though that, too, isn't the topic of discussion.

    i still pity you.


    I could post screens of my bank account, my gf, my house and my car and make you feel incredibly useless but I'll spare you those feelings.

    I choose when I work, and no, English is not my first language but if your way of dealing with people is to suggest they're stupid because they dont have a masters degree in English then that's your call Einstein.

  • CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value) in EVE Communication Center

    Kate stark wrote:

    you didn't prove me wrong, and i didn't make a U turn. i just made a flippant comment because you've contributed nothing to the discussion as you're unaware of the topic.


    Upset? Far from it. I'm enjoying my rl life, watching how pathetic welfare rl set-sail-for-fail guys whine about how some company spawned some ships and everything was so unfair because they did it behind closed doors and whatnot.

    Boo hoo dude. Get a life.

Forum Signature

My interests include but are not limited to throwing rocks at bee hives.

There are more stars in the universe than all of the grains of sand on earth.