EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2010-09-13 02:35
  • First Forum Visit: 2011-10-04 01:03
  • Number of Posts: 2,316
  • Bounty: 0 ISK
  • Likes Received: 0

Querns

Security Status 2.1
  • GoonWaffe Member since
  • Goonswarm Federation Member since

Last 20 Posts

  • [119.6] Standup Thukker Capital Component rigs in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Does the Thukker rig have 100 calibration (T1) or 150 calibration (T2)?

  • Monthly Economic Report - April 2017 in EVE Information Center

    The bonus graph is missing the porpoise. Or, perhaps, no one tried to mine in it?

    I was going to use the data there to build a case for buffing the yield of the porpoise a bit, as it is underperforming compared to the original vision as a miner equivalent to barges (in terms of m^3 mined.)

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    If you think highsec ganking is easier now, let me tell you about getting 5+ barge kills in a single smartbombing run. Consistently. Barge/exhumer EHP has been radically increased since the good ol' days.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Djsaeu wrote:
    If you want player feedback that is not affected by the big alliances, then why not make it where a CSM can not be in or affiliated with any big alliance.

    There are Pro's and Con's with this.

    Pro : You get more feedback from the little guys.

    Con : There would be a lot of bribes flying around.

    I am not a wizard at this, shoot..... I know nothing about it, but it is just my opinion on that matter.


    We'd just run false-flag characters, or spread out among multiple alliances below the cap.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    i normally use "neanderthrashings" in jest but i think it might actually be accurate here

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Soel Reit wrote:
    Querns wrote:
    Nullsec doesn't have a special property that uniquely allows for intel or blues, when compared to lowsec.


    > bubbles aka gay camps ~ check
    > systems outside jump ranges ~ check
    > 200 systems/jumps before arriving in the nullsec carebears area ~ check
    > watch intel and local and you'll never get killed ~ check

    null sec empires are the safer places of eve.
    that's a fact.

    so safe that people rat in titans/supers!
    then obviously get dropped cuz they suck and don't watch intel/local ehehheheheheheheheheh
    Pirate

    None of these neanderthrashings have anything to do with intel or blues.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Sonya Corvinus wrote:
    Querns wrote:
    But lowsec has local chat, as well. By your own words, local allows you to be 100% safe in all circumstances. Thus, lowsec is identical to nullsec in terms of risk profile. In fact, it may be safer, since there are no bubbles.


    Have you ever lived in LS? It doesn't have massive intel networks that are in sov null. It's rare to find a group of 15+ systems with ONLY blues.

    I get why you wouldn't understand. Your killboard says you're one of the most risk averse people in the game.


    You didn't say anything about blues. You said local chat makes you 100% safe in all circumstances.

    If you don't have enough blues, that's your problem. If you don't have a "massive intel network," that's also your problem. Nullsec doesn't have a special property that uniquely allows for intel or blues, when compared to lowsec.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Sonya Corvinus wrote:
    Querns wrote:
    Ah, here we go -- we're finally starting to strip away the dross and find the real hatred buried within.

    So in your previous posts, you claimed that I should move my alts to nullsec, so I would have to endure risk. However, in this post, you claim that there is no risk in 0.0. Which is it?


    I'd have you move to LS or WHs personally, if you actually want a challenge. I can break it down for you though.

    HS NPC corps (or one man HS corps) are the least risky. These aren't mains for 90% of people, they are alts, we both know this, and know that's why I said what I did.
    sov null alliances are next.
    HS in a corp comes after that.


    But lowsec has local chat, as well. By your own words, local allows you to be 100% safe in all circumstances. Thus, lowsec is identical to nullsec in terms of risk profile. In fact, it may be safer, since there are no bubbles.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Did people in SMA actually identify as goons? Dear god.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Sonya Corvinus wrote:
    Querns wrote:
    BTW: "Risk" isn't a word you add to any aberrant abortion that drips out of your brain. Your use of the word belies a complete misunderstanding of even the basics of the topics you're trying to ape.


    So tell me why a part of space that's 100% safe 100% of the time as long as someone is watching local chat should get a bigger representation in CSM? The biggest carebears in the game get the most representation? That seems off to me.

    I enjoy danger in the game, and like to reward people who feel the same way. That's a core part of EVE. There's little danger in sov null ATM. Less CSM representation from sov null would go a long way.


    Ah, here we go -- we're finally starting to strip away the dross and find the real hatred buried within.

    So in your previous posts, you claimed that I should move my alts to nullsec, so I would have to endure risk. However, in this post, you claim that there is no risk in 0.0. Which is it?

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Sonya Corvinus wrote:
    Querns wrote:
    Of course not. I'd just repurpose them for nullsec.

    The primary reason I have any highsec alts is A) shopping in Jita, and 2) production. The bulk of my guys are for 2. Shifting my production to nullsec-advantaged items is trivial, should I decide to do it.

    A is becoming less and less necessary, thanks to new structures.


    What's stopping you from doing your shopping and production in null now? If you want to live in null, live in null. Take a few risks for once. Why are people in 0.0 always the ones who refuse to take any risk in game? That's our problem here.


    Inertia.

    BTW: "Risk" isn't a word you add to any aberrant abortion that drips out of your brain. Your use of the word belies a complete misunderstanding of even the basics of the topics you're trying to ape.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    I understand that it may be troubling for some of you to become fully aware of just how alone you are, but it's better to come to terms with it in a safe environment, like this thread, rather than under adversity later.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    oiukhp Muvila wrote:

    Granted Eve Online has always had some of that element since launch, but emergent game-play that resulted in far more organization has resulted in what many consider to be cancer to the game.


    This just in: organization is cancer. Oncologists worldwide celebrate as this medical breakthrough sweeps the globe!

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Sonya Corvinus wrote:
    Querns wrote:
    If such a change came to pass (let's set aside the fact that it'd be impossible,) I'd just move my alts to nullsec, then maybe set up a false-flag candidate for highsec.

    Keep setting up these little glass vignettes, I'll keep smashing them.


    Because 0.0 alts can do the same job as NPC corp HS alts?


    Of course not. I'd just repurpose them for nullsec.

    The primary reason I have any highsec alts is A) shopping in Jita, and 2) production. The bulk of my guys are for 2. Shifting my production to nullsec-advantaged items is trivial, should I decide to do it.

    A is becoming less and less necessary, thanks to new structures.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Sonya Corvinus wrote:

    Querns wrote:
    Irrelevant. Most of my characters live in highsec. They all vote straight GSF ticket.

    You can't draw a meaningful conclusion from where characters are located, because characters don't vote based on their location. They vote based on their owner's identity and preferences. Location may be weakly correlated with identity, but it damn well isn't causing it.

    The CSM election results show that an overwhelming number of folks identify as 0.0 players. Thus, nullsec is the most important part of the game.


    You're proving my point. There should be a consequence of you hiding your alts risk-free in HS. That is less CSM representation. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Remember when people in null took risks? I 'member.


    If such a change came to pass (let's set aside the fact that it'd be impossible,) I'd just move my alts to nullsec, then maybe set up a false-flag candidate for highsec.

    Keep setting up these little glass vignettes, I'll keep smashing them.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Vic Jefferson wrote:
    Querns wrote:
    STV makes this entire post meaningless.



    Yeah, STV isn't breakable by sheer numerical force. That's why the CSM isn't always 70%+ big null blocs.

    Oh wait....


    Again, as we've stated, over and over, your assumption that nullsec is the minority is wrong. Nullsec is the majority.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Vic Jefferson wrote:
    Frostys Virpio wrote:

    Nobody can represent the idiots who can't even be bothered to vote.


    Correct. This is not about people who do not vote. This is about people who vote and have a a playstyle that does not lend itself to the numbers game - see the long tail of first choices. Their groups and play styles do not have the organizational largess to effectively force the election of a candidate, yet the players themselves are, at least in my appraisal, part of the larger eve community, and if the CSM is to report the stated goal of representing the eve community, they should not be so systematically shut out of the process. They are.


    STV makes this entire post meaningless.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Soel Reit wrote:
    oh i see! Roll

    until PL Dread bomb 200 rorquals at a time, AMIRITE?


    We own way more territory than we can use, so, no, we're all too spread out for a dread bomb to nail 200 rorquals.

    At our current rate of growth, however, check back in 2018.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Soel Reit wrote:
    why goons are busy writing stupid things on the forum instead of ratting in delve?
    :thinking: Question


    Ratting is for plebians. The patrician krab activity ("krabtivity"?) is rorqual mining. This allows plenty of free time to fulfill the goon prime directive to Never Not Post.

  • The CSM – Council of Sov. Management. in EVE Communication Center

    Chewytowel Haklar wrote:
    So you hate everyone else in the game, or the way they play it, and want to ruin their game (obviously DJ's slogan), and yet are still hilariously debated with and even elected into CSM. I have to hand it to you guys you're devious nature has superceded others common sense or rational behavior. To argue with any of you is rather pointless then. You are what you are and that will never change, good to know.


    Arguing was never necessary. We were objectively correct from the beginning.

Forum Signature

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.