EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2009-07-04 01:00
  • First Forum Visit: 2011-04-07 21:24
  • Number of Posts: 2,004
  • Bounty: 0 ISK
  • Likes Received: 0

Skippermonkey

Security Status 4.8
  • Deep Core Mining Inc. Member since
  • Caldari State Faction

Last 20 Posts

  • Veto Corp Presents - EVE London - Saturday, February 1st 2014 in EVE Gameplay Center

    If you guys are travelling all the way to London for a meet in that particular part of town, you can do a WHOLE lot better than a wetherspoons pub.

    You guys really need to go to the Bavarian Bar
    http://www.bavarian-beerhouse.co.uk/index.php/aboutus/londontowerhill
    Its freakin awesome

  • The mysterious case of the dissapearing probes (and ammo) in EVE Technology and Research Center

    I just logged in and found that for the second time in a week my probes have gone missing, not only this, but the ammo in my guns has gone as well.

    Now i know this shouldn't be the case as the logs taken just before i logged off below prove it.

    [ 2013.12.13 19:21:52 ] (notify) Loading the Advanced Blaster Charge into the Hybrid Weapon; this will take approximately 5.00 seconds.
    [ 2013.12.13 19:21:52 ] (notify) Loading the Scanner Probe into the Scan Probe Launcher; this will take approximately 10.00 seconds.
    [ 2013.12.13 19:22:55 ] (notify) Requested to dock at Agrallarier VIII - Moon 3 - Astral Mining Inc. Refinery station
    [ 2013.12.13 19:22:55 ] (notify) Setting course to docking perimeter
    [ 2013.12.13 19:23:04 ] (notify) Your docking request has been accepted. Your ship will be towed into station.

    So, somebody with more grey cells than i can muster explain where my probes and ammo are and why the game is doing this.

  • in-warp sounds in EVE Technology and Research Center

    warp sounds arent stopping when you leave warp when you have the system map up

    edit.. they dont start either when you have the map up before entering warp

  • When we get tractor structure? in EVE Technology and Research Center

    B
    U
    M
    P

  • Singularity: Important to change settings! in EVE Technology and Research Center

    what cog :(

    http://i.imgur.com/UiJjurT.png

    i cant get past this, i keep getting an exception popup and the game wont load. Ive repaired my test client no end of times

    HALP


    noticed the new launcher topic

  • Cap Boosters in EVE Technology and Research Center

    ShahFluffers wrote:
    I think there are three lines of thinking in keeping things they way they are:

    - batteries don't keep their charge if they are dissembled. Imagine taking apart a post production alkaline battery. Once it's in pieces it's dead.

    - it would become a new way to compress minerals (right now the 425mm rail gun is king). This would not be good (power projection reasons and all that jazz).

    - why? Your argument for wanting this change literally hinges on "because I don't like it the way it is." That's a very weak reason for making a change (that was probably intentional) that will have wide ranging effects.


    1. repackaging works for all ships & modules, meaning there is no reason why this shouldn't work for charges

    2. true, i hadn't considered this aspect of the idea, though i guess this could be managed somewhat by managing the size the charge repackages to. (also note that mineral compression like you mention is a symptom of a lacking nulsec industry. Having to import minerals from highsec shouldnt have to happen. Hopefully future changes to the game can fix this)

    3. while i certainly dont like the current setup, my argument certainly doesnt hinge on it. Cap charges are sized around pvp balance, not ease of transport for industrialist and traders. I believe there can be some steps taken to relieve the excess cargohold they command when they are moved around space.

    To put this in context, the reason i came to this idea was when i attempted to move my personal supply of cap charges when TEST alliance moved staging system. I noticed that the cap charges were taking up far too much room for their actual value in game. I reasoned that if moving enough supply for one person was this troublesome, moving enough for a markets worth must be a nightmare.

  • Cap Boosters in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Omnathious Deninard wrote:
    See new hoarder.

    pretty damn useless tbh

    my idea actually fixes an issue, the hoarder idea is grasping at straws to keep some people happy about 'specialisation' or something.

  • Cap Boosters in EVE Technology and Research Center

    BUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP

    i'd at least love dev acknowledgement that this thread is even here

  • WTB Cyno Alt in EVE Marketplace

    the time it takes to build one from scratch, it isnt worth your time buying one

    all you need to do is start a new toon (any race apart from amarr as 300 liquid ozone wont fit in an Impairors hold) and train electronics to 5, and then cynosural field theory to 4

    this means you can pilot the rookie ship with a cyno fitted and keeps you under 900k sp, meaning you dont lose any skills in an alpha clone if and when you get podded

    HAPPY CYNOING :D

  • Cap Boosters in EVE Technology and Research Center

    edit -

    people seriously need to learn to read

    this is all about packaged cap charges that cannot be used in space

    its all about moving them from station to station and not have them take up ridiculous amounts of space

  • Cap Boosters in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris wrote:
    Skippermonkey wrote:
    Firstly I don't care if this might be a re-post. I propose a simple quality of life change for cap boosters

    They need the ability to be 'repackaged' in station to reduce their volume for shipping purposes

    Seriously, while i understand their volume for game balance, these things are absurdly and needlessly large for hauling

    Fix this and make a lot of people happy

    you suggestion will disrupt the balance. You want dual ASB fits to carry even more cap boosters? like 10/100 times more?


    I want them to be packagable for hauling, while packaged they will not be able to be used

    Much like SHips and modules work at present

  • Cap Boosters in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Firstly I don't care if this might be a re-post. I propose a simple quality of life change for cap boosters

    They need the ability to be 'repackaged' in station to reduce their volume for shipping purposes

    Seriously, while i understand their volume for game balance, these things are absurdly and needlessly large for hauling

    Fix this and make a lot of people happy

  • EVE Launcher update on May 21, 2013 in EVE Information Center

    people stop posting - this requires a fix on their end

    we just have to sit here with our thumbs up our butt till they get it done

  • EVE Launcher update on May 21, 2013 in EVE Information Center

    YOU HAVE ANGERED THE GODS WITH YOUR XL GUN CHANGES, THERE IS STILL TIME TO REPENT!

  • EVE Launcher update on May 21, 2013 in EVE Information Center

    GOOD THING YOU TESTED THIS BEFORE RELEASE

  • EVE Launcher update on May 21, 2013 in EVE Information Center

    how about you roll back this bag'o'crap right now?

    Quote:
    OFFLINE MODE
    You are seeing this because no connection could be made to the content server or something went wrong while loading the online content.

  • SMAs not dropping ships, large objects no longer dropping as loot in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Istyn wrote:
    this is a fckin outrage
    When i destroy something with extreme prejudice, i too expect the contents of the fiery explosion to remain intact

    this is indeed an outrage




    Istyn, i do hope this is what you meant when you asked me to intervene in the thread,

    did i do good?

  • I am outraged... in EVE Communication Center

    ... that not only was there no Horse meat in my Beef Pie, there wasn't meat of any kind at all

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/03/01/wrd-iceland-horsemeat-meat-pie.html

    lol

    Legendary Icelandic Pie Scammers

  • Come to Nulsec in EVE Communication Center

    http://imgur.com/XXRvGfQ

  • And in other news, worker productivity at CCP Headquarters is expected to rise... in EVE Communication Center

    Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
    hide yo' flare guns, hide yo' knives cuz da gov'ment disarmin' ere'body up in hur'!

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/02/01/british-gangs-use-flare-guns-now-because-they-cant-find-real-ones/

Forum Signature

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION