EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2014-03-12 02:59
  • First Forum Visit: 2014-07-26 19:09
  • Number of Posts: 166
  • Bounty: 0 ISK
  • Likes Received: 226

Toxic Yaken

Security Status -1.3
  • The Dickwad Squad Member since
  • Rote Kapelle Member since

Last 20 Posts

  • The final topic of The New Old forums! in EVE Communication Center

    Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
    Just stay on these forums, new forums ae hot garbage. No reason to switch when these work perfectly fine.


    Well you'll have a reason once old new forums gets shuttered...

  • The final topic of The New Old forums! in EVE Communication Center

    New new forums lacks pirate smileys, need to get them out of my system...


    PiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePirate

  • What exactly do I do? (being wardecced) in EVE Gameplay Center

    Sorry, I will try to stay on topic..

    Natocha Daisy wrote:
    Mark Remillard wrote:
    Natocha Daisy wrote:
    Mark Remillard wrote:
    Natocha Daisy wrote:


    Like all other posts you have failed to help me with my problem.

    Thank you.


    Fixing your problem would require changing something about what you are doing (and you would still not being able to completely avoid PVP).

    Eve Univeristy's War DEC FAQ:
    https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/War_declarations

    "Costs of wardecs
    Wardec costs at least 50 million isk for a corporation to declare war on another corporation or alliance. The war declaration fee must be in the Master Wallet of the corp wallet.
    The formula for calculating wardec cost is (log2.05831 N)^2 * 300000 * N^0.27, where N is the number of members in the target corp/alliance. The cost is now the same when declaring on a corporation or an alliance. (1) The cost increase is in effect with numbers between 51 and 2000, where, for the latter, it reaches an upper limit of 500 million ISK. (2)"


    Here is what is causing you to be targeted:

    1) Ships Used: Mining Ships (easy prey unable to defend themselves)
    2) Corp Name: Mariposa Mining Association (Identifys your corp as miners)
    3) Income Stream: Mining (Lowest possible in Highsec)
    4) Fleet/Corp location: High-sec (high traffic and visibility)
    5) Corporation Size: Small Player owned (see eve uni quote above)

    Reducing the problem (you will never eliminate it) requires changing at least one of the above.
    1) *Bring some corp members in combat ships into your mining fleets (see below), always keep your ships cheap.
    2) Remove mining from your corp name
    3) Move out of High Sec to find more profitable ores (bring your alpha clone piloted ventures into wormholes or null sec)
    4) Choose "dead" areas of high sec, the War Deccer's cannot find you (GTFO from anywhere near Jita)
    5) If you want to keep a player corp, get a massive recruitment spreee going (or maybee just get everyone into EVE university?)


    *High sec mining is poor income. If you are doing because you like the social activity and the ease of entry, have some fcorp members hang out with you in destroyers and frigates. When the enemy shows up, your miners will flee while your combat escorts try to cover them. With low number and cheap ships, your defenders will not win the fight but they will be a distraction and get the excitement of a "last stand" moment to talk about. Take this entire group to somewhere other than high sec and the escorts can make decent income from killing NPC'S.


    I'll restate something I have already said:

    Probably unintended - but you really haven't helped the issue. The problem is that ccp allow others to 'pressure' corporations at their own will by allowing war declarations week after week.
    \

    So to clarify. you aren't here asking for advice on how you can respond to War decs as a player. You are wanting the Devs to change (nerf) game mechanics?


    CORRECT.


    So the purpose of this thread is to get other players to rally with you and pressure the devs to change wars... So what specifically do you think CCP should do to make it so wardeccers can't do back to back wars? (Considering they would never limit wars to one week based on current Citadel mechanics.)

  • What exactly do I do? (being wardecced) in EVE Gameplay Center

    Francis Raven wrote:
    Toxic Yaken wrote:
    Francis Raven wrote:
    The wardec system, as stated above, definitely requires an overhaul. However *puts on tinfoil hat* I think CCP wants to keep it this way to push players out of small HS corps and into nullsec/lowsec.


    I've wardecced some Highsec corporations for Nullsec recruiters before, all part of the plan Pirate


    Contact saved Evil


    It's been a while, but I assume most mercenaries/wardeccers would do it.

  • What exactly do I do? (being wardecced) in EVE Gameplay Center

    Francis Raven wrote:
    The wardec system, as stated above, definitely requires an overhaul. However *puts on tinfoil hat* I think CCP wants to keep it this way to push players out of small HS corps and into nullsec/lowsec.


    I've wardecced some Highsec corporations for Nullsec recruiters before, all part of the plan Pirate

  • Community Thunderdome in EVE Gameplay Center

    Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
    ISD Buldath wrote:
    Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
    ISD Buldath wrote:
    It has been decided!

    After contacting our Two champions, It was chosen that on Monday the 12th of June, at 0100 our Battle will take place.
    Keep in mind this is EVE Time. That means check your TIme zone diffrences!

    Both parties now prepare for the Thunderdome, TO the Death!

    TWO SHIPS ENTER, ONE SHIP LEAVES!
    TWO SHIPS ENTER, ONE SHIP LEAVES!
    TWO SHIPS ENTER, ONE SHIP LEAVES!

    ( I have also updated the Rules to make things a bit more clear regarding ammunition )

    Now what is Thunderdome without a wager? I propose if our cadidate (Dom) wins you shall replace "King of the Forums!" With "Buldath the Pretender" in your bio for a period of 1 month vs a wager of your choosing. What say you?


    Do you accept the wager if you are to sayy.. put Isd Buldath favorite isd in your sig?

    I think that is fair. I'll even throw in roleplaying it too Blink.


    Fix that sig Noragen, don't disrespect the King of the Forums. Smile

  • Teaming up for Hisec ganking in EVE Gameplay Center

    Serendipity Lost wrote:

    Freighter/hauler ganking - that's just a simple scan and simple numbers crunching. It's a job. A means to an end. Wonk fluffy hauler - get loot - repeat. In my opinion it's the blue color man at his best. Working the land and bringing home the bacon for his family. No shame, no glory and no role play. Good wholesome Eve-ery.


    I've lived in Madi-Niarja for a couple of years now, mostly ganking during the wee hours of night. I can say that scanning down ships looking for something gank worthy is pretty dull; I've gone several hours without undocking for anything, but I still get a rush seeing them explode and rushing in to grab the big loot. I'm sure if I went out to make a living in a WH/Null I could easily make more isk in a couple hours of grinding, but I like having a pile of loot that was almost exclusively acquired from blowing up or stealing from other players.

    I'd say your description is pretty spot on for me.

  • [MERC] The Marmite Collective in EVE Gameplay Center

    Saeger1737 wrote:
    Gai Heiyuu wrote:
    jack1974 wrote:
    Gai Heiyuu wrote:

    ... Tora, undock and lead by example? Another jaded nullbear enters the arena...

    So far the only portion of Marmite brave enough to undock vs us, is the Agil crew. (Props to them, btw. Cool guys)


    Considering my highsec alliance never lost a war against any merc AND decced every merc during our time AND has killed more marmite than anyone else in existence,

    You are wrong. Go back to your poverty methods of scraping together isk.

    My statements of leadership for Tora and against VMG still stand.


    Ohsnap you insulted my income, and thumped your chest about your own success! Guess I was wrong. Oh wait. Nothing you said was relevant. Whew!

    Would PoH have to reunite to nuke you Julius Magnus?


    Pretty sure that's not Jules

  • Jita IV-4 Station Docking range in EVE Gameplay Center

    Gea Stormbound wrote:
    Toxic Yaken wrote:


    >warping to bookmark
    >autopilot

    What?


    if you warp to an instadock on a station, you can set your destination to that station and engage the autopilot to dock at the first available tick, just in case you DC/get attacked by rabid squirrels/have to take a phonecall


    I've never even considered doing that, I would rather mash the dock button myself than trust autopilot with anything.

  • Jita IV-4 Station Docking range in EVE Gameplay Center

    Agondray wrote:
    Toxic Yaken wrote:
    Akkyma wrote:
    Dear EVE,

    Today I made my usual transfer of planetary resources to Jita in my Anathema with my Alt. After I jumped to Jita I pressed the Warp and Dock button and waited to dock the station. Unfortunately, my warp ended at approximately 1 Km from the docking range and I had to approach the station. In less then a second my ship was targeted and destroyed by AlFaraS'ulTanine.

    Now, I understand for some stations to have a smaller docking range (dependent on the quality of the station) and by this, to be unable to dock instantly after arriving at the station, but Jita IV - Moon 4 - Caldari Navy Assembly Plant?

    At the most populated station of the game you are allowing players who have no intention of PVP, players who bring goods that support economy of the game to be randomly exposed to killing and eventually looting trough the simple fact of randomly warping 1 Km short of the station's docking range.

    Although my loss was not that big (600 mil ISK), I'm still bound to wonder where do I end up if this happens to me half the times. What should I do? Sell my goods at a lower price at another station or wait a week for them to be sold? Use a battlecruiser to haul 200 m3 of goods? Any hauler would be destroyed just as easily by a Tornado. I understand loosing because of my carelessness, lack of knowledge, because I missed something. But because the game exposes me to players who scam and take advantage of any "exploits" they can find? Speaking of exploit, wouldn't this situation lean towards being an exploit (hunting for random warp outs at the most important market hub of the game)?

    On the other hand, if these are the people that you want to support in this game, then I'll make room for them. Please consider this situation.


    Best regards,
    Akkyma


    As Yaosus already pointed out, make a bookmark on the station that is at 0km off the station so that you can safely dock from there. In a similar fashion create an undock bookmark several hundreds or even thousands of kms away from where you are undocking that you can quickly warp to before gankers have the chance to blow your hauler to shreds. Or just use one of the Perimeter trade Fortizars where you never have to worry about that kind of thing because of tethering.

    This is not considered an exploit, and they aren't going to alter the docking radius for Jita just because it's the most popular hub. You only increase the odds of you getting ganked if you haul several multitudes more than your ship is worth as you did in this case.


    even if you have a bm, they can still get you, ive been with nothing on me at 0 coming out of warp and autopilot submitting the docking, before it said docking permission granted I was at my clone bay hit by a 0 day old trasher with scan boost alts


    >warping to bookmark
    >autopilot

    What?

  • Jita IV-4 Station Docking range in EVE Gameplay Center

    Akkyma wrote:
    Dear EVE,

    Today I made my usual transfer of planetary resources to Jita in my Anathema with my Alt. After I jumped to Jita I pressed the Warp and Dock button and waited to dock the station. Unfortunately, my warp ended at approximately 1 Km from the docking range and I had to approach the station. In less then a second my ship was targeted and destroyed by AlFaraS'ulTanine.

    Now, I understand for some stations to have a smaller docking range (dependent on the quality of the station) and by this, to be unable to dock instantly after arriving at the station, but Jita IV - Moon 4 - Caldari Navy Assembly Plant?

    At the most populated station of the game you are allowing players who have no intention of PVP, players who bring goods that support economy of the game to be randomly exposed to killing and eventually looting trough the simple fact of randomly warping 1 Km short of the station's docking range.

    Although my loss was not that big (600 mil ISK), I'm still bound to wonder where do I end up if this happens to me half the times. What should I do? Sell my goods at a lower price at another station or wait a week for them to be sold? Use a battlecruiser to haul 200 m3 of goods? Any hauler would be destroyed just as easily by a Tornado. I understand loosing because of my carelessness, lack of knowledge, because I missed something. But because the game exposes me to players who scam and take advantage of any "exploits" they can find? Speaking of exploit, wouldn't this situation lean towards being an exploit (hunting for random warp outs at the most important market hub of the game)?

    On the other hand, if these are the people that you want to support in this game, then I'll make room for them. Please consider this situation.


    Best regards,
    Akkyma


    As Yaosus already pointed out, make a bookmark on the station that is at 0km off the station so that you can safely dock from there. In a similar fashion create an undock bookmark several hundreds or even thousands of kms away from where you are undocking that you can quickly warp to before gankers have the chance to blow your hauler to shreds. Or just use one of the Perimeter trade Fortizars where you never have to worry about that kind of thing because of tethering.

    This is not considered an exploit, and they aren't going to alter the docking radius for Jita just because it's the most popular hub. You only increase the odds of you getting ganked if you haul several multitudes more than your ship is worth as you did in this case.

  • [June] Fighter Damage Reduction in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Raz Tanta wrote:
    My dear CCP ..

    As you can see after you make thids great nerff to the carriers and f*** the game at same players , you give a shoot again in your shoes ...
    HOW the f*** is possibel in 15 minutes one of my friends do this valour in ISK in this new event rougue swarm ...
    You dont belive her eis the screen https://prnt.sc/fjajw2 ...
    So i thing is better you begin to realize you do s*** ...
    Dont come with historys about economy ...
    So what you gone say ????
    I hope you give to all us a nice and correct answer...

    And this event is until June 27th...


    There's a difference between an isk faucet and loot drops...

  • Hi sec war deccers (pvp carebears) in EVE Gameplay Center

    Aeryn Maricadie wrote:
    I thought wardecs cost like 50mil


    They can range from 50m to 500m based on the size of the corporation/alliance getting wardec'd.

  • Tama/Nourvukaiken Anti-Gatecamp Op in EVE Gameplay Center

    Dabasir wrote:
    There is NO WAY they know I'm coming so the element of surprise is on my side!


    Roll

  • Going back, if you knew then what you know now? in EVE Communication Center

    Hevymetal wrote:
    Going back to when you started Eve, if you knew then, what you know now, what would you do different?

    Myself I would have entered 0.0 earlier and would not have spent a ton of skill points on science. Also I would have spent a majority of my ISK on T2 BPO's when the lotttery was still going..


    I wouldn't have listened to the ****** guy who told me I needed good skills trained up before I could even begin to get trained to PVP.

  • [MERC] Vendetta Mercenary Group in EVE Gameplay Center

    Valkin Mordirc wrote:
    Toxic Yaken wrote:
    Valkin Mordirc wrote:
    I will seriously fight either one or both of you if it stops the mindlessness that are these 1v1 challenges.


    Will resub on of my toons, romp out to wherever, and shoot at somebody. If it seriously ends the madness.


    Neither one of you are being funny. Neither one of you are being logical. Stop taking things so personal.




    How dare you sir

    I challenge you to a 1v1 Bestower brawl at the Niarja sun.



    Accepted! I assume you mean the passive fit bestower of lore?


    This is before my time, please educate me

  • [MERC] Vendetta Mercenary Group in EVE Gameplay Center

    Valkin Mordirc wrote:
    The problem with this entire situation is the fact that two friends are at each other throats because of a video game is redonkulous.

    Both of you are taking things to personal. Both of you don't know when to shut up and both of you need to have the last word.

    If I was in VMG, I'd laughing my ass off at you and how immature you both being.


    Well said. Now kiss and makeup. Big smile

  • [MERC] Vendetta Mercenary Group in EVE Gameplay Center

    Valkin Mordirc wrote:
    I will seriously fight either one or both of you if it stops the mindlessness that are these 1v1 challenges.


    Will resub on of my toons, romp out to wherever, and shoot at somebody. If it seriously ends the madness.


    Neither one of you are being funny. Neither one of you are being logical. Stop taking things so personal.




    How dare you sir

    I challenge you to a 1v1 Bestower brawl at the Niarja sun.

  • [MERC] Vendetta Mercenary Group in EVE Gameplay Center

    Kaely Tanniss wrote:
    You are not worth my time for a 1vs1 Dom.


    Don't fight mom and dad

  • Hi sec war deccers (pvp carebears) in EVE Gameplay Center

    Ro Fenrios wrote:
    KnightGuard Fury wrote:
    ok to clear some things up:

    1. some of my people are pvp'ers and some indy/miners
    2. i have not been in the market in a while but have een building things and saving up.
    3. we live in a low competition market and everyone and thier mothers are mostly miners/indy/mission runners.
    4. our region is MH, the most lack luster region around.

    no one has a real reason to hate us whether its me or anyone or thing else. **** all if i know why someone would really dec us besides looking for easy kills or just to annoy us.


    Story time.

    I am sympathetic to your position since long time ago my corp was facing similar problem. We were high sec mining corp in Caldari high sec, dreaming of becoming local industrial giant some day. Not really looking trouble, minding our own business. Our plans soon were ruined by persistant high sec wardeccing group whom had targeted for no particular reason. We had no idea bout wardec mechanics, no idea how they could find us every day even when we changed systems or how to fight them. One of them were hunting us in legion, a ship that seemed bizarry alien for us but also very squishy (if you check legion attributes it has like 100shield/armor/Hull HP without rigs(?))

    We setup a war plan. We were going to ambush that legion! We had 2 destroyers and 1 Moa, cruiser that has so much more hitpoints than puny legion! It was a good plan, perfect plan and we executed it without fail... up until the point we engaged. Even our mighty flagship, that Moa class cruiser we had could not put a dent to legion's armor. We lost the fight almost immidietly and ran away. What could we do now? There was no way we could fight these Guys and if they came to chase us every single day, what could we do? Our future Eve career seemed hopeless and to add salt to the wound, one of the deccers even said we should quit the game cause we are so bad.

    Another day running from wardeccers. A Loki is chasing My little t1 trasher around high sec. If he wants to kill Me I Will at least make him work for it. And he does. We make over 20 jumps from Caldari high sec to southern Amarr. This Dude has some kind of hate boner for me. I accidentally warp to low sec Gate. Warning message pops up. Danger! Only way out from here is back through the route I came and the Loki is already in system. Loki lands on gate. I panic and Press jump..

    ...

    Loki does not follow.

    That panic jump was propably most inportant decision I made in my early Eve career. Up to this point almost anyone Outside our corp had either tried to kill us or did not care, but in low sec we met people whom - after killing us first of course - soon were teaching us and protecting us. By the time next random wardec landed not only did we know how to defend ourselves, but we also had some veterans willing to back us up. It felt strange to watch our wardeccers run or dock up for exchange as soon as our New friends showed up.

    That one low sec jump propelled our corp forward by a mile and also sparked pvp hunger in us. Sure we still built stuff but we were also roaming and now killing things ourselves. This also proved to be surprising good recruitment method. I ENCOURAGE you to go to low sec, to learn and to meet new people. Make friends and allies and train your members to defend themselves. Even if you live hybrid life with one foot in high and other in low, this will help you. Especially when you get seriously into manufacturing. You want someone to be there help defend your citidels after all.




    TLDR
    GO LOW SEC. POWER UP.


    Is ARMIL recruiting?

Forum Signature

Curator of the Wardec Project - Join our Discord to join the discussions about Wardecs