EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2009-01-30 23:24
  • First Forum Visit: 2011-09-07 11:33
  • Number of Posts: 5,398
  • Bounty: 0 ISK
  • Likes Received: 0

Mallak Azaria

Security Status 1.4
  • GoonWaffe Member since
  • Goonswarm Federation Member since

Last 20 Posts

  • Fail Gank attempt in EVE Communication Center

    Neuntausend wrote:
    Ka Plaa wrote:
    Freighters are really slow to go into warp. Locking a target is not considered an aggressive action and neither is bumping another ship. Target lock the freighter, bump it to break it's spool up to go into warp, shoot it twice with 8 destroyer guns, immediate warp out of the system, warp right back in, repeat. You might not get one 5 times, but #6 could be a big payday, so just keep doing it. gl


    Was the boomerang tactic not nerfed?.


    Yeah CCP fixed that years ago.

  • World War Bee in EVE Communication Center

    Lucas Kell wrote:
    Aiwha wrote:
    The only thing SMA does better than MoA is suck and die.
    Geez, no need to be so mad.


    He makes a good point actually. Remember this is the same alliance that not too many years ago decided the best way to get their hands on a capital fleet was to send PLEX to the CEO so he could fly them to Jita in a Kestrel.

  • World War Bee in EVE Communication Center

    Aiwha wrote:
    They picked the CFC, who bled them dry, and is now sending them off to die in the ass end of the universe.


    Yeah I mean look how powerful & awesome & wanted as an ally SMA were before they joined the CFC. At least they're very slightly less of a joke all these years later.

  • Hyperdunking? in EVE Communication Center

    Hyperdunking was hilarious but also a really dumb thing that should never have been allowed to happen in the first place. That's why.

  • Save EVE Online - Make PVP Zero-Sum Instead of Negative-Sum in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Uberox wrote:
    I'm tired of being forced to PVE to PVP. A large number of gamers won't put up with it. PVE isn't changing any time soon, so please, make the game more palatable towards the general player's playstyle.


    While I agree that PVE in EVE is ****, CCP would be better to focus their efforts on making it not ****. There are plenty of groups out there that have ship replacement programs & no, they're not all nullsec groups. Find one, join them, never worry about having to do ****** PVE ever again.

  • Please reduce the number of SOV timers in EVE Communication Center

    Eli Apol wrote:
    Andski wrote:
    The berb is the berb but you redditeurs have some ridiculous ideas about what our CI does

    because he totally didn't admit to doxxing?


    Yeah. How does doxxing someone who made that information available by posting it on public services in the first place correlate with stalking?

  • Why Eve Can't attract new players, and has lost 20,000 so far. in Council of Stellar Management

    Malcanis wrote:
    You can't make a full contact sport like say Australian Rules football


    Hah. Hahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

    Who the hell even likes GayFL?

  • Two questions about Dowmtime. in EVE Communication Center

    5 minutes if that, but expect up to half an hour.
    IIRC they last until someone blows them up or takes them down.

  • Mining Drone Bug in EVE Gameplay Center

    Or you could submit a bug report while not encouraging other players to engage in an exploit that could see a bunch of people banned.

  • Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!! in EVE Communication Center

    Cam Me'Leone wrote:
    Remiel Pollard wrote:
    Cam Me'Leone wrote:

    Ships get blown up in low-sec & incursion points all the time. I don't need gankers as clients. Just like they can get everything they need from their null sec buddies. I get it. Hi-sec mining is a waste of time.


    Gankers destroy trillions more than they lose. The gankers aren't your clients. Their victims are.

    Cam Me'Leone wrote:

    The most useful response I've gotten. Thank you.

    To your point, I wasn't aware I needed to treat mining in hi-sec the same as mining in low-sec. Things have changed a lot in 3 years.


    No they haven't, high sec has never been safe. Just because you haven't caught onto that in three years doesn't mean anything has changed.



    Nope. New players can't afford to build barges. We can scarcely afford to buy them.


    Barges aren't exactly intended for new players. That was the whole idea behind the mining frigate with the obscenely large ore hold.

  • Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!! in EVE Communication Center

    Guttripper wrote:
    Mallak Azaria wrote:
    Mind you that with the increased grid sizes escaping a gank before it happens is even easier now. There's has been over two dozen direct & indirect nerfs to ganking over the last 7 years yet people still complain about highsec ganking.

    Ironically enough, long ago Goons offered information on how to survive a gank attempt with ship fittings.

    Friend of mine (unintentionally) tested the set-up one night against a ganker in his Hulk. Ganker got through armor and just started touching hull when he decided to turn on his various shields. Kept mining while Concord eventually arrived to deal with the ganker. It was a lower end of high sec - 0.6 or 0.7, but the information is (was) available to survive.


    The Hulk used to be the go to for mining as it was the only ore orientated exhumer & it also had the best EHP potential. Of course that is no longer the case but it's nice to see that not only did someone listen, they implemented the advice & survived as a result.

  • Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!! in EVE Communication Center

    Cam Me'Leone wrote:
    Remiel Pollard wrote:
    Mallak Azaria wrote:
    Gregor Parud wrote:
    Miners can do JUST fine and in fact, ganking is GOOD for miners because it takes care of the afk (semi) botters meaning that active miners who pay attention and are actual real normal players get more isk for their ores. Ganking is only bad for non-effort idiots, it's good for everyone else.


    That sounds like something you may have read on a certain blog about bumping & such. In reality destruction is good because the economy revolves around it, it really is that simple.


    This. If ships aren't blowing up, no one is going to buy new ones. If no one is buying them, no one builds them. If no one is building them, then no one is buying the ore you're mining or the minerals you're refining. When you say, "without highsec miners, you'd have no ships", you have to remember that without people getting blown up, you'd have no market.



    Ships get blown up in low-sec & incursion points all the time. I don't need gankers as clients. Just like they can get everything they need from their null sec buddies. I get it. Hi-sec mining is a waste of time.


    "I'm going to willingly lose out on profits because these guys are shooting ships in a game about shooting ships" said no one ever this guy.

    As a producer you should be glad that other people are helping you succeed for free.

  • Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!! in EVE Communication Center

    Mind you that with the increased grid sizes escaping a gank before it happens is even easier now. There has been over two dozen direct & indirect nerfs to ganking over the last 7 years yet people still complain about highsec ganking.

  • Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!! in EVE Communication Center

    Remiel Pollard wrote:


    That was a response to someone claiming that "without miners in highsec you'd all have nothing!" What I said was, it wouldn't change a thing. Not that I didn't like them. Rest assured though, my needs are being fully met. All the T2 stuff I fly is supplied by low and nul due to the materials being needed for T2 only coming from there.


    If highsec miners disappeared over night we would gradually see a cost increase for low-end minerals which would be plugged by a combination of nullsec mining operations & new miners springing up in highsec to fill the void. In essence though the effect wouldn't disrupt anything.

    Also don't forget that T2 item production requires the T1 item as well. Prices would go up, but the void would be filled rather quickly by opportunists.

  • Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!! in EVE Communication Center

    Cam Me'Leone wrote:
    Mallak Azaria wrote:
    Cam Me'Leone wrote:
    So, to sum up, nobody needs or likes hi-sec miners.


    That's a sweeping generalization that is inherently incorrect.



    "The biggest producers are in nulsec. I would still have ships to fly even if every last highsec miner left the game overnight."



    That's what I'm getting from these responses. That's what I'm getting from the gankers.
    Hi-sec mining is a waste of time & older players who have more ISK than CCP can produce will continue to shoot them like fish in a barrel until they give it up.


    Congratulations on being so easily trolled.

    Edit: The biggest single producers may indeed be nullsec guys, but more production happens in highsec overall. Don't take my word for it though, fly around highsec & check production stations for yourself.

  • Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!! in EVE Communication Center

    Gregor Parud wrote:
    Miners can do JUST fine and in fact, ganking is GOOD for miners because it takes care of the afk (semi) botters meaning that active miners who pay attention and are actual real normal players get more isk for their ores. Ganking is only bad for non-effort idiots, it's good for everyone else.


    That sounds like something you may have read on a certain blog about bumping & such. In reality destruction is good because the economy revolves around it, it really is that simple.

  • Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!! in EVE Communication Center

    Cam Me'Leone wrote:
    One thing I'm curious about, how is suicide ganking in hi-sec at all profitable? It seems to be about destruction of property, not gains. Can someone please explain how blowing yourself up is profitable?


    Sure. You find someone who thought it was a great idea to jam a bunch of expensive deadspace modules on his ship, then you get some friends together & blow the thing up. Once everything is dead your designated looter loots & salvages the field.

  • Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!! in EVE Communication Center

    Cam Me'Leone wrote:
    So, to sum up, nobody needs or likes hi-sec miners.


    That's a sweeping generalization that is inherently incorrect.

  • Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!! in EVE Communication Center

    Remiel Pollard wrote:
    Mallak Azaria wrote:
    Guttripper wrote:
    Solecist Project wrote:
    Gregor Parud
    EVE can't compete with mainstream games because those will always be [s wrote:
    flashier, newer, more hyped and less archaic[/s] aimed at people who are easiest to milk with constant rewards/winning, ego inflation and e-peen comparison.

    You're not really expressing what's going on, so I've fixed it for you.

    People still completely overlook why these games are being played so much in the first place.


    Your alteration could be applied to Eve also.

    "Run the latest holiday addition and get clothes!"

    ego inflation = kill board stats

    e-peen comparison = "We're Goons and we're here to ruin your game!"

    Tid-bits I have picked up over the years of casually being here.


    The difference being that CCP doesn't just hand you all the good stuff & a shiny achievement for you profile just because you played their game.


    After your comment, I think I understand now.

    The people in EVE brag about their achievements because they can arguably feel like very real achievements. Anyone can 360noscopdoabarrelrole420yolo, but not everyone can kill a Myrmidon with an Ishkur, or a Vindicator with an armour-tanked Merlin (no, I didn't do that second one, a friend did, so I'll brag for him. I did the first one though.). The things you achieve in EVE are properly earned. Everywhere else, they're handed to you for free like a participation trophy.


    In EVE you work for what you want.
    You want to be really rich? You have to work for it.
    You want to have power & influence that rivals the position of Sion Kumitomo? You have to work for it.
    You want to be known as the resident crazy? You also have to work for that too.

  • Will there be any New Year sell for plex, game time etc? in EVE Communication Center

    Would you like CCP to give you the best stuff & a shiny achievement just for playing their game for a couple of weeks?

Forum Signature

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.