[9.2.1 - version 50] GESI - Google Sheets ESI Add-On - Now an EVE Online Partner!

Really thanks for that reply. I don’t know what I was doing before but I got errors even with my main character. I then found out that I might have been slightly dumb and not putting my chars in " " and trying to call industry jobs on a character that didn’t have any. It works now with multiple characters.
Thanks a lot for the help and your patience :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1: np

1 Like

5.3.0 April 12, 2018

Additions

• universe_asteroid_belts_asteroid_belt
  • Added error message when a character is not authed or is misspelled
  • Added usage tip to readme for using functions with multiple characters

Changes

• system_id added to markets_region_orders
  • asteroid_belts added to planets object in response from universe_systems_system
2 Likes

How to use the parseArray function to get the average daily volume of say “5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive” in The Forge for the last 180 days? I know how to use the “markets_region_history” endpoint to pull the market history, but I want to be able to parse that lookup get get the average traded volume. IE… My list of item id’s are in Column A, and in say Column C, I want it so show the average traded volume in The Forge over the last 180 days? I used to use Nuadi’s (GCES) “getaveragedailyvolume” function for this purpose, I want to be able to mimic that.

That isn’t what parseArray is for. parseArray is for for columns that contain an array of objects. For example column 1 of characters_character_skills Notice how all the data is contained within that one cell vs being row by row like other endpoints. You would then call =parseArray("characters_character_skills", "skills", A1) to parse that cell’s value into the row by row listing you are used to.

Thanks for the reply.

5.4.0 April 28, 2018

Additions

• alliances_alliance_contacts_labels
  • corporations_corporation_contacts_labels

Changes

• characters_character_wallet_journal (v3 -> v4)
  • corporations_corporation_wallets_division_journal (v2 -> v3)

Removals

• characters_character_chat_channels
1 Like

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up on the new features coming with the next major release of GESI.

This is going to be a major rewrite of my backend tooling, the script i use to generate the files. However this should not change any of the core behavior of GESI, i.e. method names will remain the same and such. I am going to make it a major update to 6.0.0 as there most likely will be changes to the order/number of params of the functions which would break current apps.

I am planning on adding the source code and an executable that can be used to generate the files with to the repo, this will allow more technical users to have more control over the data, such as being able to easily add/remove function parameters, change the versioning of the GESI file, such as dev or legacy (as of now GESI is based purely off of /latest/ ESI endpoint versions), or maintain the script if i ever cannot. This will also allow those who are so inclined to possibly add additional code to the file generations if they wanted to include specific things.

For now this update is still a few weeks at most away, but I wanted to get some feedback on if there is anything specific that would be useful for you guys. Feel free to post here or message me on discord.

Smoke,

I upgraded today and note this: In the corporations_corporation_industry_jobs the column “product_type_id” is returning the Blueprint ID which is a duplicate of Column “blueprint_type_id”

Also, for purposes of doing things like easy left-to-right vLookups, populating the left-most columns with columns such as Blueprint ID and Type ID is super helpful.

Ken

Only one request: to the extend possible try to enumerate what functions we’ll need to alter in our own code: ie…the return order of columns will be something I need to attend to.

Was this job a copy/research job? Do remember that GESI is just generated code from ESI, so if this is an actual bug it would have to be taken up with the esi-issues repo.

Ill look into it if i can make the main identifiers be put first by default, but since this is generated there is only so much i can do.

Assuming by this mean you look to see what changed so i dont have to redo everything. You can already do this by looking at the git diff, which should be a lot cleaner now that the endpoints will always be in a specific order. Example: April 6 ESI updates · Blacksmoke16/GESI@26e9091 · GitHub

1 Like

Ignore for now…looking further but I think I’m incorrect.

5.5.0 May 3, 2018

Changes

GIT diff will do the trick.

5.6.0 May 22, 2018

Changes

• Update characters_character_killmails_recent to use pagination.
  • Update corporations_corporation_killmails_recent to use pagination.
1 Like

So i dont the whole tutorial everything worked. i authorized my character but then i have a blanket google sheet. There is nothing. shouldnt it write in all the informations from the esi in the colums / rows ?

i have a second tab in the spredsheet auth data where my 2 characters for testing are imported. but i dont have anything anywhere else. no skill Q informations nothing!

Big and great work!!!

Thanks !!!

I don’t find a function to return all buy-order for all regions for one item.

So, I think I need to write it.

How can be the structure of such function?

Thanks

You need to call the corresponding function to get the data, it just doesn’t magically show up for you.

For example to get skill queue you would use =characters_character_skillqueue() a full list can be found HERE

You would have to use =markets_region_orders() set the order_type to “buy” and use the -1 page param, then iterate over each region ID.

Just know this probably won’t work due to the 30 sec runtime limit for custom functions in Google Scripts. Probably better off reducing the scope to maybe just the regions you need.

Thanks for your help