Abysmal Joke (Joy) - How a great idea can fail so hard (or be great after all)

Imagine people were not given abundance of the filaments. If CCP would be really cruel, they would give everyone a filament with intend to make them run it. Now its just people decisions, would I better run it or sell it, maybe risk it, gambling ship and pod in result? :thinking:

1:1 ratio is fair and keeps the value/supply of both the filaments and loot from the pockets, progressive and linear.

You create and complete a L1 pocket sequence with an L1 filament, and get 1 (only one) L2 filament guaranteed, which you can either run yourself, or sell to someone else.

That then generates a single L3 filament, which you either run, or sell, and so on till the chain is exhausted at L5.

We dont need multiple filament drops.
What we need, is JUST ONE guaranteed filament drop.

1 Like

I am tempted to check out industry section. patch day always brings out patching broke invention rates too lol…

Quick check of dev blogs sees they never said there’d be hundreds of these per system.

: D !!

1 Like

Stop smoking Salvos, I’ve been smoking for almost 15 years, bad habit.

Ps. Amy would be proud :wink:

1 Like

CCP clearly announced at Fanfest, that those Filaments will drop from Data Sites mainly. I made a huge suggestion (knowing how it practically works) time ago about Cargo Scanners, which was critiqued by PVP players and other gankers. Read the thread and make some decisions…

1 Like

Cherry picking exploration signatures cans is a valid explorers PvP. You slow down concurence that way.

1 Like

Cherry picking cans in data sites was always this jerk-type activity, and what is more saddening, its anonymous jerk-type activity. CCP, at least tell us who have cherry picked a site so we can apply sweet justice. :explodyparrot:

2 Likes

Lets not get derailed into ship/can scanning.
The dedicated thread for that already exists, per the link he provided.

Making forum threads does not count as “applying justice” and that is all that would ever happen anyway.

365B and counting…

And NONE of that will ever be recovered.

Apparently I forgot to add the other category too

edit2, 2.2T and counting…

5 Likes

Don’t forget the bricked Faction, Deadspace and Officer modules.

3 Likes

Give it a day or two before going full dark messiah drama queen on a content you apparently like.

Just stopped in to say I really like that combination of words. You inspired a new character.

6 Likes

Actually this has to go down as perhaps the best ISK sink ever created in this game, awesome stuff…

Irrelevant…, my eye is on deadspace and officer mods and the impact on the wallets of nullsec grinding players.

There is a circular argument here, in any case I am totally uninterested in this argument, I know exactly what I mean and for who and what it applies to and the impact on the market etc. But if your post made you feel good, then go with it, enjoy that buzz. :roll_eyes:

You get it good man.

1 Like

ISK faucets, ISK faucet … every time a ship dies, ISK is injected into the economy by insurance, even if the amount is small. sigh

Destroying materials doesn’t change the ISK amount in game, it just moves ISK from one player (the loser) to another player (the industry or PvE guy).

4 Likes

And we pay fees to put things up for sale. I missed where that all gets reimbursed. Where do I get that money back? Or is it permanently…down the drain?

Irrelevant to the argument.

(to cite another forum poster)

Facts are irrelevant.

(to cite American liberals)

1 Like

@Tipa_Riot is right.

The ISK sink here, is not really significant.
(ISK is extremely difficult to destroy in EVE. Essentially only via costs to NPCs, or players leaving game with their ISK).

The material destruction is the “good” thing here, albeit largely restricted to Cruisers and Cruiser sized modules/rigs.

1 Like

Tax on overpriced items is a hefty ISK too. And those modules and ships will probably people want to replace. Overall, its good for economy and traders who stocpiled on those items.