Allow Capital Ships, Supercarriers, and Titans in Highsec

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

6 Likes

yes I like that idea

2 Likes

I would like to see this happen!

1 Like

I like this idea. However. We need to consider the visuals appeal of capital ships in Highsec.

First order of business A New CONCORD Titan that spawns on the extremely odd chance somebody is silly enough to become Criminal in a Capital ship. I know concord can already kill titans but you need to make the death of a criminal capital extra flashy. It would make great content.

3 Likes

Love it, I approve :slight_smile:

Love it. Would add a lot to the game!

1 Like

but…sabus…I thought you have never left hisec? How have you seen these things? youtube?

? jump drives without cynos seem like they might be of limited usefullness. Guess you could jump out of hisec, but not much else?

So changes to WH mechanics then or no?

I ever so respectfully submit a counter-proposal to your proposal:
Remove all caps/supers from the game entirely.

Would bring a lot of content to the game, i hope they add it

1 Like

considering that capitals, supers and titans in particular, are only known to suffocate content anywhere they go, this statement can be regarded as opinion of a cluless person. The parody that this topic shows is of utmost comical value.

Especially the vote brigading from this one high sec group he is in. Lovely entertainment.

1 Like

Good idea, more content is always welcome…

1 Like

Thank you for commenting Xuxe!

but…sabus…I thought you have never left hisec? How have you seen these things? youtube?

No I used to live in nullsec under a few alliances, have some experience with capital pvp and strong experience with capital PVE.

? jump drives without cynos seem like they might be of limited usefullness. Guess you could jump out of hisec, but not much else?

Aye I added that for balance. The jump drive still works, just cannot be used, much like a black ops drive at the moment. You can jump out, but you can only gate to travel around highsec. That way you can form gatecamps if your at war and form ‘pitstop’ citadels along common routes.

In addition, since capitals will only be able to be built in lowsec, nullsec, and wormhole space

I mentioned this in order to foster more inter regional trade, it can be removed if CCP wishes.

I ever so respectfully submit a counter-proposal to your proposal:
Remove all caps/supers from the game entirely.

You quoted the comment partially, my argument for capitals in highsec is balance, either the entire game has them, or no one has them. To have partial access will only give advantage to the party that has them, and allow them to gain wealth and power more than those who go without.

EDIT: My bad I did not see that was your comment. In which case if all capitals are removed from the game, I can be in favor of your comment. But since that is a near impossibility, due to many factors, my equalization of access is what should be done.

considering that capitals, supers and titans in particular, are only known to suffocate content anywhere they go, this statement can be regarded as opinion of a cluless person. The parody that this topic shows is of utmost comical value.

Remember that highsec mechanics allow for great minimization of ‘suffocation’. Assuming the mechanics stay as they are, suffocation will not be an issue.

Quite the contrary: Highsec mechanics would make the suffocation aspect of capitals, supers and titans, even worse as you cannot quickly counter them as cynos are not possible. Having titans and supers in high sec, from the biggest groups in particular as they can afford your exhilerating PLEX prices easily, would suffocate content very quickly as most people cannot respond to 30+ carriers.

The only circumstance where the above can apply assuming knowledge of highsec mechanics is in war declarations. In which case the counters are hiring mercenaries to help your timers, forming wardec defense corps to defend your timers, and ambushing fleets through gatecamps as they travel towards the timers.

This will help solve the citadel spam across highsec, since all the low power structures can easily be destroyed, and encourage a rebirth of highsec war defense mercenary services, since competent groups with good firepower will be in high demand.

Thay wont help citadel spam, i still have to pay a war dec fee and then nothing drops out of so all i get is a pat on the head for spending a week to blow something up.

1 Like

You do remember that you can join a war late, right? You can safely travel your capitals to you war dec attack system outside a war and then join it 4 hours before you want to assist.

As for hiring mercs: You do remember that CCP killed most war dec groups and it’s mostly PIRAT nowadays that can muster sufficient force to attack or defend. And huge null sec groups can easily outform them, let alone other smaller groups. Capitals would make this even worse because they cannot be volleyed off the field with a few Tornados, unlike battleships.

And in missions, it would be much harder to engage a capital as it tanks more and has more utility than a battleship. Same for anoms

They can already be destroyed easily with afk drone boats or laser boats. Capital do not make it easier. All they do is make it more expensive to defend your structure.

Since it is so easy to poke huge holes into your rather amusing idea, I stand by my point: Capitals will not add anything positive to high sec; they would only make the experience worse. If you want to experience capitals, go to low sec. Since your alliance is not even competent enough to get one green killboard line on the front page, I doubt that you will enjoy the experience, though.

Would love to see it happen.
I’m not worried about the mechanics as I am sure CCP would figure that out :slight_smile: I believe this is more for content. I’ve been in null sec before and it was nice, but it demands constant game play, its almost like having a second job.
I understand that null sec has its own rewards that come with the associated risk. Introducing capitals in high sec may in fact make the game more appealing and truthful to all new players that join the game with high hopes of getting into those large shiny ships.
It looks almost like false advertising when you realize that you must have no life to pilot one of those ships and that you have to watch your back constantly in null sec.
The game stratification between null and high sec was good about 10 years ago, and before the market has changes with the introduction of plex. If anyone with enough skills can get a carrier for a few dollars than let them use it in high sec, why force them to join a corporation and have about 20 other members fly with them for support.
Either way, I think its a great idea that many would like to see happen… and please make LVL5 missions available in high sec :slight_smile:

To those that don’t agree we respect your opinion, and we are writing on this topic because we are one of the largest corporation in the game and this did not come from one person.

Madcoow

1 Like

Yes, please allow capital ships in Hi-Sec!

1 Like

I understand that null sec has its own rewards that come with the associated risk. Introducing capitals in high sec may in fact make the game more appealing and truthful to all new players that join the game with high hopes of getting into those large shiny ships.

Agreed 100%

It looks almost like false advertising when you realize that you must have no life to pilot one of those ships and that you have to watch your back constantly in null sec.

Agreed, some players want the more casual route.

The game stratification between null and high sec was good about 10 years ago, and before the market has changes with the introduction of plex. If anyone with enough skills can get a carrier for a few dollars than let them use it in high sec, why force them to join a corporation and have about 20 other members fly with them for support.

Not to mention the revenues that CCP can make from all the skins that highsec players will buy for their new toys, and the plex to afford to get them.

To those that don’t agree we respect your opinion, and we are writing on this topic because we are one of the largest corporation in the game and this did not come from one person.

:slight_smile:

Look at all of these alts that coming out of the woodwork and posting for the first time!!

Also, to the main point of the OP, “lmao no.”

2 Likes