August 2018 Release - Known Issues

Also after todays DT my event task “Delve into the Abyss” is still not reset

Trying here. I have filled out multiple tickets and bug reports. I cannot access the event via agency, meaning I cant complete objectives for boosters. This affects only this one of my three accounts. Please assist.

CCP somebody ?

Can you provide us some infos on what the team is / will do for the community ?

Some answers will be very appreciated by hundreds of Pilots

Thanks

1 Like

Same issue has many other pilots. Event is gone from the agency. This is a server side issue or a character/account issue as its working perfectly on my second account, which runs from the same client and pc.
Reinstalling, deleting cache, deleting user/local something something ccp folder etc… nothing works.
7 days left of the event, 10 tickets/bug reports. No help at all.
At this point the whole event and “free expansions” seems more like a cashgrab and bait that anything else

I just want this to be a learning experience for CCP. Let’s look at this logically… The Abyss was already released. All that was required for this event was coding for the Agency and agency rewards, plus seeding the few extra items for loot. No, I’m not a programmer, but I work with them ALL day long. This really shouldn’t have been this complicated, and any bugs really should have been resolved LONG before now. I have to assess this was simply low budget/sloppy implementation which helped no one in the end. Now, its so FUBAR they really don’t know how to fix it, and thus the likely reason for the radio silence on this issue. Bad press for CCP and a bad experience for their players. Rather than dump on CCP and their great game, I really just want them to learn what went wrong and take steps to correct it.

Confirmed exactly as you describe. One account bugged on multiple machines, and two working on multiple machines. I even offered to do a character transfer, but was advised against it by CCP support.

Any word on when they going to fix The Agency? almost 6 days now that i have the same task that wont reset and all i got from the GM was to summit a bug report which i did but at this rate the event will be over LOL. I was looking forward for the next event to play with low skills rlf and get accelerators but it just happens to be a solo event without accelerators.

It has been 3 days now, that the launcher is completely broken for me (and others according to the forum/reddit). It won`t start at all not even writing logs… how can one mess up that badly? Yes, I have a support ticket open.
Where I work, if a Change goes wrong we roll back…just saying.

1 Like

CCP I was blocked ???

My Launcher wont let me start the game, but write logs, have a ticket open for 24+ hours

Secrets of the Abyss STILL MISSING from THE AGENCY. You’ve told me since release you’re aware of the problem and working on it. Now there are FOUR ( 4 ! ) days left of the event.

“We will get this fixed and you will be able to take part of the event”

■■■■ you

I have an error now after getting the pushed update on opening the launcher. After the update was applied I have not been able to access the game. I was using the game yesterday and it was fine, therefore the update today seems to cause a problem. https://imgur.com/a/0bfzDTQ

The supplied authentication token does not allow for EVE client login. Please ensure that you are logging in via the EVE launcher. If this problem persist, please contact EVE customer support.

Please help,
I can’t log into the Singularity sever.
Thank you.:facepunch:t6:

There was another update push into the game and I can now load the launcher and access the game. I believe that my issue has now been solved.

The problem of not being able to directly warp and dock in one go is still present.

When one selects Dock in the menu of a structure can the game sometime prompt one with the message for one to get closer. This happens even when the structure is several AU away, in which case they ship would normally warp to it before attempting to dock. Yet this continues to fail under certain conditions.

Here is a video, which shows the bug.

This was reported several times in the past, but I hope the video now provides a better understanding of the problem.

1 Like

September release:

• In-space sounds (engines, mining lasers, ship effects (shield hardners), etc.) have gone missing without alteration in pre- vs post-update settings. Restart did not fix the issue. Menu sounds and alerts continue to function normally.

Edit: your september release posts links to this issues page…

It worked for by fitting the redeemed weapons into the redeemed frigate.

It might work for fitting any weapons.

While running an event site in Sasta a few moments ago a Hecate came into the site causing a momentary lag while I was hacking the event can. I was still able to click the nodes but without a result.

He left and a few second later things returned to normal. He then came back in after the event ship I had destroyed the Overmind ship and obviously looted it. The same thing with hacking the can happened. A little bit of lag then things returned to normal while still clicking on something without any result.

The issue is that if he flipped the can then why did he gain a suspect timer? He simply stayed the the orange color designated for a low level pirate. I didn’t think that he flipped the can because the cargo icon was still intact.

It wasn’t until after he had left did things return to normal and the cargo icon vanish. I didn’t get the chance to see the Hecate pilots name either.

Everything has been running smooth until all day long until the Hecate came into the site with me.

Here is the screenshot

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.