Cannot Install : Pixel 4 XL

Brand new device (Pixel 4/ Pixel 4 XL just launched) - cannot launch Eve Portal 2019 after installing from Google Play Store. Get an error message with an Unreal logo in background that says “No Google Play Store Key - No OBB found and no store key to try to download. Please set one up in Android Project Settings” … If I reinstall from play store the play store itself gives a generic error message indicating it could not install, but it does put the launch icon there and I go back to the first error message if I click it.

(edited because I was stupid and originally said Unity logo)

1 Like

Same here…pretty ridiculous that it won’t even run on a flagship device…

Hello! We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. For us to investigate it, could you please send more details to eveportalbugs@ccpgames.com, and include: OS version, Device Name, Model Number. Issue summary, step by step reproduction case, and screenshots. Thanks!

Everything you asked for is already included in both this thread and the main Portal feedback thread but…sure

I have an identical experience with my new pixel 4XL. It still works on the old phone

I wasn’t hearing anything back from CCP besides “try reinstalling” so I decided to do a little testing of my own. I’m explaining what I did to get it working here, and hopefully one of you 2 can give it a try and see if it works for you too.

The issue seemed to be that Unreal couldn’t download required game files (the OBB referenced in the screenshot) due to the missing play keys. I couldn’t find any files on my phone related to UE4 at all, so I decided to install another random game that uses UE4 properly so the files would be created and I could see where they were being stored on the device. I chose OVERHIT (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nexon.overhit.global&hl=en_US) but it’s a fairly weighty 2.3GB download so you may want to find something lighter.

Once that finished downloading, I hit the wrong button and relaunched Eve Portal. To my surprise, lo and behold it worked. Once it’s running, you can confirm the OBB finally downloaded:

Then uninstall the other UE4 game, and it should be good to go.

Hopefully this gets it working for my fellow Pixel 4/4XL owners, and provides some insight into the root issue to CCP so they can get it working smoothly.

Thanks for this - i had made a full filesystem backup of my Pixel 2 XL before i factory reset it for the trade-in. I went into that backup, copied over the file you show in your screenshot above, and it loads up just fine now.

Same issue here Pixel4 XL. Tried the suggested solution by Silas, but it doesn’t work on my phone. Same error occurs after doing the install of that same game.

Hello! We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. As a temporary solution, please download and install the apk file from the “Install Android build from web” link in this post: New Portal Android test build available.

Please let us know if it works for you.