Civilian Mining Drone

Why do the lowest slowest and crappy mining drone is behind omega ?

I say make it that alpha player can use them, It’s just a small quality of life thing for the alpha players.

but have t1 mining drone still behind omega to give them a taste that it’s worth getting omega and what not.

CCP can easy do this by removing the mining drone skill from Civilian Mining Drone to use it.

Do give feedback and comments.

Having the Civilian mining drone available would be entertaining for Alphas, but it should certainly stop there.

Hmm… I mean, I don’t think I’d take a venture without combat drones… And I think the mining drones by themselves on other hulls would just be painful to watch

I think they put barriers to scale in each of the activities Alphas could choose to do. Incorporating drones is a logical step in scaling mining operations and so it does make sense as a dangled carrot. I can definitely appreciate the suggestion of giving Alpha’s just a taste too though.

yeah, venture is the only mining ship an alpha can use, and they REALLY need the combat drones to be viable. even if they are in a fleet with a porpoise or an orca, their drones are better put to use fighting the rats so the booster can continue mining. (the booster will get more yield out of keeping their mining drones out than the venture will get from civilian mining drones)

2 Likes

well that what you think, but what about the players that are brand new to eve and just stay in high sec and do not want join a corp yet?

That why civilian mining drone can be useful to them as if they are in high sec, most of the time they don’t need to worry about rats at all, unless they being force down into null or low by a corp :zipper_mouth_face:

So… You telling me there is no risk of Rats any more? Could have sworn I made a temporary rat friend on my “Unusual friend” video post

oh no there still a risk but in high sec, there less of rick.

Then I will stick to the “No, they definitely need Combat drones, not Mining drones.”. And no I won’t accept the “Oh you can just warp off if they show up.”, you are wasting time flying around just because of some rats, and I am pretty sure that by staying in the belt with combat drones you get much more out of mining than flying around with mining drones that would catastrophically mine so little for the trouble.

If you mine in a high enough high sec system, one light drone is enough to handle the rat frigates before they can be troublesome (break shield on a minimally tanked venture). Given that the venture has enough bandwidth for two drones, it would be worth trying one mining drone + one light drone if that combination would be available for alphas. Some will use two mining drones and get in trouble with rats, some will continue to use two light drones and have lesser mining yields.

Who are we to protect alphas from themselves? Making (sometimes costly) mistakes and learning from them, that’s the point of EVE, no? Currently, drone wise, for an alpha mining in a venture, there is no choice: you’re using two light drones. Enable civilian mining drones and suddenly you have one, and one that can actually have consequences (ex.: getting popped by a lone rat while afk ratting because you had 2 mining drones, but also improving yield a tiny bit if you do take the risk).

1 Like

let then learn from their mistake so they can be better players in the long run… :slight_smile:

Bumping

Re bumping @CCP_Falcon :smiley: What you think of this?

Considering none of the ships they can fly skills be using them, all this will do is teach them bad habits

The Vexor still gets 10% mining drone bonus. I can’t test it, but it would be interesting to compare the potential mining efficiency of a maxed alpha Venture and an alpha Vexor with civilian mining drones.

Venture wins… by a lot

1 Like

but still if we can give alpha the civilian mining drones it will show that it worth upgrading to get the better mining drones

so you fit turrets on your venture, ez fix.

edit: actually, there is a utility high, so smartbomb?

Sure, let us sacrifice the potency of a regular miner I over a flight of drones and trigger criminal status while were at it with the smartbomb