CODE. announces February contest (win up to 12 billion isk)

You can show off your Tempest, or Rokh, bouncing around on grid making it very clear to everyone that the -10 nutjob flying a battleship sure as ■■■■ is going to use it if anyone asks for it.

… uuuhhh … nevermind me, I’m just being nostalgic.

3 Likes

Oh dear, thanks for that link, I was looking for that to put Dom right.

That was the DCU change which they were not going to put on freighters, but when the changed the EHP of wrecks they decided to apply it to freighters to balance off against it.

You were talking about the addition of low modules which was a different event and which reduced the tank and cargo capacity from what it was before and you could fit to either or.

That thread confirmed what I said.

1 Like

I don’t see how you may say this after saying that I “believe that ganking is an act of EVIL” and a lot of other ■■■■■■■■. And just so you know, that you think you’re right about anything you said about me (other than I may or may not stop a gank) doesn’t make you look any smarter…

Who cares? I’m useless anyway, so why would anyone care whether I fight one side or another?

It’s a well known fact that a single agent of the New Order is a great catalyst for change and for good in High Sec.

And I’m glad you got the loot. We aren’t pirates you know. We’re vigilantes.

2 Likes

How many accounts do I need to do that? Seriously you think that to move a freighter around you must have say nine accounts, well well…

If they made so much ISK that they can do it for fun that shows the difference, the AG don’t have that level of ISK.

Now that depends n a number of factors.

Bumping makes it too easy, I like how you guys ganked JF’s if normal freighters had to be ganked the same way I would be happy.

Ho hum, the bumping means that you end up getting an accurate assessment of what is there, then you just add more bods or put people in higher DPS to compensate. The bumping side of it makes it too predictable.

Some do, I had a NCDOT JF pilot give me 1bn for bumping his JF out of optimal so it survived. He then cynoed out.

It is a question of resources and ability to replace losses, you keep ignoring that as if it is unimportant, it matters.

You don’t but most casual hisec players do.

And that is the reason why most AG do not gank the bumper.

1 Like

“> I happen to know that Thomas has set up ganks of bumpers, and of course Knowledgeminer does not do anything in terms of freighter ganking”

Yes, Thomas may have done something, a few times, here or there. However, we do this daily. You have to actually play the game, rather than merely try it out, in order to get better. As for Knowledgeminer, he has a long list of things he does not do, and places he will not go. When you artificially constrain your options, it is hard to get out of your box. It’s not that Knowledgeminer hates ganking, or thinks its evil, but he voluntarily restrains himself from taking more effective action.

As for Thomas I know why he does not gank gankers, he does other things, but he has nothing against ganking gankers."

Typical AG mentality, “we could win, because we have nothing against winning, we just have other things to do…”

opposing ganks is just not fun, and not profitable (for the person doing the anti-ganking job). The later also because it is trivial to avoid ganks, and nobody will pay an anti-ganker.

Herein lies the problem. If you don’t enjoy anti-ganking, you are already demoralized. We aren’t the problem, it’s you who chooses to fail at something you don’t even enjoy. Meanwhile, you are ‘protecting’ the stupidest and laziest players, who have no desire to get better. A long time ago, I offered to join AG, and I meant it. My only stipulation, was that your billion isk freighter tycoon had better be willing to pay a tax to support the navy. When I realized you people refuse to pay anything, I decided to start collecting taxes, except I would no longer offer protection.

"Knowledgeminer has been kicking the shite out of Anyanka Funk, now that is great…

Here, we see another misconception. Knowledgeminer is so predictable, that it is trivial to avoid him altogether. Anyanka isn’t getting beat up and wrecked, angry and frustrated by her failures. She is voluntarily providing him with content. It’s more like charity work. She enjoys the added challenge of deliberately engaging with Knowledgeminer, whereas a soy drinker like me would just bypass the nuisance altogether.

4 Likes

Your post made me smile, that was beautifully written.

Which box? I’m not artificially constraining my options. I’m doing exactly what I want and like to do. This is no different from you “artificially constraining your options” when you choose to let your sec status drop…

Actually, you’re arguably constraining your options a lot more than I do, but it doesn’t matter and you don’t care because it doesn’t really prevent you from doing what you want to do. Why would you talk about that as if it was a problem I have but you don’t? Makes no sense…

Every time someone wonders why I don’t do this or that to stop a gank I know he/she is not getting it. What you all seem to be missing is I don’t care if the victim dies or not, other than for the challenge of being able to save him/her.

It’s not like I would like to do whatever I could to save someone from being ganked, but restrain myself from doing certain things that would allow me to accomplish that. It’s that I simply don’t care. I’m not willing to sacrifice anything to save a victim that doesn’t bother to avoid being ganked in the first place. I don’t care if the victim dies for the very same reason you think I shouldn’t be protecting him/her…

LOL. It’s true that Anyanka doesn’t get angry or anything, but the way you expressed it is… ROFLMAO, if this isn’t in your bingo for victims already you should definitely add it:

CODE is so predictable that it is trivial to avoid them altogether, but I let you gank me to provide you with content. It was charity work. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

According to the Ganking Planer (sic) ~25.

Which box? I’m not artificially constraining my options. I’m doing exactly what I want and like to do.

Come now, you seem like an intelligent fellow. Surely you are familiar with Plato’s allegory of the cave? We are all inside boxes, which we cannot see. You are indeed in a box of your own making. I am sure that I am as well, but your box is quite visible to me, even if mine appears invisible and filled only with the loving embrace of James.

3 Likes

But here lies the issue which is detailed in this thread, the whole incident around AG using thrashers to blow up freighter wrecks and the speed that Miniluv got CCP to change it was what demoralized a lot of people that I was playing with including myself.

When that happened I gave up on doing anything to oppose freighter ganking because we were not just playing against you chaps, but CCP’s incompetence too.

That was the only game play that was similar to the gankers in terms of cost and effort that AG alts could do that was really effective, and boom emergent gameplay removed because Miniluv was hurting…

Thomas is not going to set himself up with kill rights, for what he does that would be an error. It is not difficult to understand.

That was the bit that made me laugh.

1 Like

Oh so that is how people are wasting time on forums and in game. :stuck_out_tongue:

Me, I am mining the ore for another nidhoggur.

1 Like

You can have the right to blow up wrecks, in return I either want gankers to receive ship insurance, or miners lose their ship insurance. Deal?

3 Likes

A+ for the role-play.

But the subtext… No pilots. No recruits. No relevance.

Well, you had a good run. I’ll give you that. Now leave with some dignity.

o7

I can only assume you are talking to AG? It’s a little unclear, because their roleplay is pretty weak, but I guess if that is what you are into?

3 Likes

For me the damage is done, I have no intention of doing anything in game in terms of opposing freighter ganking, apart from my own efforts which are easy and effective, like using DST’s.

I said at the time I would reverse the DCU EHP affect for freighters which to me was a poor trade for emergent game play.

However let me be blunt, it was a blessing in disguise because it made me walk away from this terrible game play. At this point I think the freighter gankers can wallow in their boring gameplay. It is done and dusted at this point, but when you talk about being defeatist it came down to CCP to make that happen.

People will of course say things like use bigger ships etc., but the AG cannot afford that for what is to me obvious reasons in terms of no income from opposing ganks and the low SP of the alts. If CCP had changed in this in a staged over time manner so we could have handled it over time in terms of SP it would have been better. But going from a Thrasher to a Tornado in one go was too much…

1 Like

I don’t see any reason for personal attacks. That’s not necessary.

4 Likes

Oh, he’s like that regardless of the thread, and regardless of the poster :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Nothing to see here, move along.

3 Likes